[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: ADHDeveloper
Forum Index Profile for ADHDeveloper »» Messages posted by ADHDeveloper
General Discussion » Swarmer Attack Power Increase » Go to message
Then he has already conceded defeat.

aLon, you are welcome to send me an invite to an unrated game if you wish.
  Hachiman wrote: I played aLoN several times.

He won twice with Sapiens.
I won twice with Khrals.

(he also won once with Titans, and surrendered first turn rather than fight on Chato Hill, which I take as a win).

He is obviously a much better player than me, and he chose the maps we played.

The maps he won either I didn't build swarmers b/c it was a naval map (Harbour), or it was too small a map (bases close together, little income) to build a critcal Swarm mass (Rocky).

I won on the Bog and Desolate with spammed Swarmers vs helis, marauders, marines and eng's.

To me this says that spammed Swarmers are very hard to beat on a non naval, non tiny map against Saps. aLoN is waaay better than me - I should lose almost every time to him.

- Titan vs Khralean is not an issue. The eclipse works nicely vs swarmers. Heck even the Speeder works vs swarmers..
- Sapiens on Harbor cant be beat using swarmers. The Dreadnought takes good care of swarmers...

I have now beaten many other players in a Khralean vs Sapien matchup using swarmer spam. I am sure I am not the only one here who thinks swarmers are unbalanced...

aLon has not accepted my game invite in a few days now so I can only assume he does not want another loss.
Sapiens » What to do vs Swarmer spam? » Go to message
Either way aLon has not accepted my game request after challenging me....

He has not accepted my invite on Chato Hill yet. I'd love to play him.
aLon, you are the #1 ranked player with points way beyond everyone else, so I can see you easily beating anyone and everyone.

Regardless, I`ll send you an invite because I`d sure love to learn from your tactics.

1- Me and hachiman played on a map with plenty of mountain + forest terrain. It did not matter.

2- Swarmer attack vs heli has not increased, but heli defence has recently decreased and marines which used to be a cheap way to damage the swarmer a bit( when mixed with heli's) are now hurt more by the swarmer and therefore die easier. \

3- Marauders were also nerfed recently causing even more problems vs swarmers.

The key point to note here is this. A swarmer fights uncontested. The only unit that can fire back at it is the Titan eclipse...the imbalance here is vs sapiens. Since a swarmer can fight uncontested, and is relatively cheap, therefore it can in small numbers seriously damage units before the units have a chance to fight back. Further more if a swarmer is damaged but not dead it can simply be retreated behind cover and healed over time. If done right the Khralean player comes out of the battle with minimal losses whereas the sapien is totally decimated.

Now this may not always be the case. On maps which are heavily forested/mountained, the sapien player could possibly win by spamming marines. The key issue there is the distance between the bases. While swarmers will find it easy to travel through air and spam one particular enemy base, the enemy has to move the marines slowly through dense terrain to get them to fight the swarmers.

If anyone else wants to play vs me and teach me a lesson in how to play Sapiens, I welcome it. I hope someone can show me how to beat them, because then I can actually beat the khralean players when I play sapien...because a LOT of khralean players are now spamming swarmers and not much else.

Hachiman, I've sent you an invite for a 1v1 on Chato Hill.

Its a good mix of mountain and forests and flatland.

I`d like to see how your sapien beats my Khralean so I can fight khraleans better.
I`ll gladly take you on..

Me as Khralean
You as Sapien

Perhaps you can show me the error of my ways

Notice the fact that this is the 'sapiens' forum. Not the titans forum?

Sapiens dont have eclipses.

Once again please hear what I have to say. A marauder may 'eat' the swarmer but not when the marauder is killed by 2-3 swarmers before it leaves the base it was spawned on.

Khraleans can now build nothing but swarmers and just decimate all opposition.

After this latest Khralean balancing I am finding that almost everyone is just spamming swarmers and building few other units (if any).

A sapien chopper costs same as 2 swarmers. 3 Swarmers can reduce its effectiveness to that of a housefly without taking any damage themselves.

Marines can be good vs swarmers IF there are forests or trees on the map.

Swarmer spammers can quickly overwhelm you and then basically park outside your base and kill your units before they become effective.

Anyone have any tips vs this? Or am I missing something and swarmer spam is not as bad as I think?
Bug Reports » Quintus Map Unbalanced for White Player? » Go to message
On the 5 player map Quintus, the white player seems to start without a starting unit whereas everyone else gets one unit to start with.

Thus all other players can capture a base on their first move but white cannot.

Anyone else experience this?
Titans » How do I see burried underlings? » Go to message
I cant seem to ever be able to see them. How do I do this?
General Discussion » Helicopter change » Go to message
I saw the message and didnt quiet read it. Can someone tell me what the nerf is?
Forum Index Profile for ADHDeveloper »» Messages posted by ADHDeveloper