[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Jelaludo
Forum Index Profile for Jelaludo »» Messages posted by Jelaludo
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message

kralux wrote: - Updated Rated/Unrated settings: Rated games now require all races to be available and fog of war enabled. This will prevent players abusing race advantages.

I also agree with Gargoyle on the race requirement for a rated game

- the host is subject to the same restrictions as everybody else

not

- all races must be available

some maps are actually *more* balanced without Titans teleporting or Terrans sending in a first round raider.
Guides & Tips » About Teleport and Zone of Movement » Go to message
"[...]but what good is your knowledge if you don't share it?[...]

well, ignorance is weakness, a quite desirable quality for an opponent. ^^

On topic,

-an enemy unit in front of yours blocks all movements beyond 1 hex
-an enemy unit, disabled for one round due to teleport, blocks movement in a different way

specifically, you can still move past it, but not "through" it.

Very useful info for unit placement when trying to prevent base capture.

I have a nice picture to illustrate, but I don't see an option to upload pictures.
Bug Reports » greyed out game can't be erased, crashes the app » Go to message

I started a 4 way multiplayer game
somebody was kicked in round 1, another surrendered --> I kicked the last player to start over

Now the game is "greyed out" in my list of "current games", but everytime I try to access it, the app crashes.

more specifically, here's what happens :
- select the game --> shows the map
- press X ---> briefly shows the "Victory" page
- crash

it's systematic.

no big deal, but it takes up a slot for a game
New Feature Request » PC Browser Uniwar - Same server as the iPod/iPhone games » Go to message

It would be cool to challenge friends who haven't purchased the game yet, or don't own an iDevice.

It could potentially drive sales by introducing more people to the game, and creating a more vibrant community
New Feature Request » Penalize players that drop out immediately » Go to message

+1 to the idea of somehow "freezing" the bases of a player who surrendered in a multiplayer game.

For the imbalance mentioned above, but also because that can be abused by unethical players with access to two iPods/iPhone, i.e. just join the game with two accounts, drop out with one (located next to the other), to give an unfair advantage in early extra bases without fight.

Whenever I join a multiplayer game and there is a "high ranking" (1800+) AND a very low ranking (1400s), then I get suspicious that the low account might just be used to prop up the other one.

Otherwise, there are many valid reasons for one to drop immediately :

- gonna be busy/out of reach for the next few days, can't even commit to a 1-day pace
- the game is an unfair setup (there are many, say, player 1 is Terran on desolate, you are Titan and you'll never get your second expansion
- there is no obligation, moral or otherwise, to play on somebody else's terms, it's a game, and it starts when both players agree on the parameters.

I think the best games are those with people whom you've played before, and there is an agreement beforehand as to what the next game will be.

Guides & Tips » Requesting help for mission 14 » Go to message
Round 1 : send 1 underling to bottom left, one to top right, one to center, build 3 more underlings
round 2 : continue towards the corners and the center, bring the extra 3 underlings towards the center - Don't build any new units
round 3 capture one center base (bottom left of the four), capture corners too, still don't build any new units
round 4 : now you have one base in the center, and 1100 in the bank, build a "Pinzer" a 450, and more underlings for the corners only, capture another center base

from that point onwards, you have 11 or 13 bases vs the Titans 3

keep building Pinzers to tank damages
Build Wyrms as they rock
give priority to killing the mecha if they try to capture a center base

hope this helps

good luck!
Forum Index Profile for Jelaludo »» Messages posted by Jelaludo