[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Cpt Hawaiian
Forum Index Profile for Cpt Hawaiian »» Messages posted by Cpt Hawaiian
General Discussion » Attack System Update » Go to message
htc EVO! (Android)
General Discussion » Attack System Update » Go to message
The top bar shows how much estimated damage you will do to the opponent.
The bottom bar shows how much estimated damage you will take in the attack.

(Or vice versa, I can't remember off the top of my head) But that's how it works.
What's New in the Latest Updates » New Race Balancing Proposal - Sept 2010 » Go to message
You would see TONS more use of plague if it had a range of 2. I must say, though, it would be really interesting!
What's New in the Latest Updates » New Race Balancing Proposal - Sept 2010 » Go to message
  Solitary wrote: Meh, without the +1 def I don't see it being a big deal as you can still one shot it. I just think capt is overreacting against khrals much far too the other way and posts like that just bug me when they appear in balance discussions xD. Some of the strongest players in the game play titans and they've obviously found ways of dealing with khrals even without this update.

LOL Solitairy! My proposal is A LOT tamer than the original poll here. All I suggested for was upped smash damage and/or no buried underling healing. I wasn't saying I wanted this IN ADDITION to upgraded assimilator and assimilated ants, etc. as outlined in the poll. I was offering this as an alternative solution to underling spam being overpowered without buffing the assimilator and upsetting balance elsewhere. My solution addresses the problem directly, that of buried underlings vs. Titans.
General Discussion » New Balance Changes » Go to message
Actually waxoid is right according to the formula. I think I must have had a slightly damaged assimilator on several occasions and not realized it when it happened, as 9 should be the max if it only has 9 hit points. I still feel, however, that the smash damage should be upped, especially given the fact that a buried underling can just heal with no risk whatsoever.

Really the only thing upped smash damage will do is DELAY the big pop hopefully, and maybe lessen the damage just a bit when it happens. So I'm still all for the 2 smash damage.
I don't know, I kinda think the ants are sacrificing themselves to kill expensive units and disrupt the enemy position, and for the cost of an ant and the amount of disruption and death it can cause especially to titans, I think Titans should be able to really hurt them underground. Like it has been said before, by the time you assimilate them they are half raped already.

But yeah, maybe 1 to 2 random damage would make it less painful for Khrals. Or a slight buff to an assimilated ant.
actually it still can on occasion even with only 9, and it always can with 9 on any sort of terrain like mountain or forest.
...and just to add maybe only Titan units cause 2 smashing damage, thus helping to preserve the balance vs. Saps.
Yeah, I think smash damage should be increased to 2, because most of the time you can't afford to strategically smash an ant for just 1 measly damage anyway because you give up the critical position of your heavy unit.

Another possibility in my mind is to remove buried underling auto healing. You smash an ant and the next turn it sits there and the smashing was pointless. Considering the attack bonus of resurfacing, an ant with 9 and an ant with 10 isn't much different.
I think the best thing to do would be to address the actual problem, which is that buried underlings en mass are a bit overpowered against Titans. A solution would be to increase smash damage to 2 and/or disable buried underling healing. Also probably letting UV hit buried underlings for the standard 1 damage. Honestly, you can't really strategically smash buried underlings too often because mainly you use the cheap units to just cover them, while the expensive ones can't afford to lose their position just to smash an ant for 1 measly damage.

Then you will still have insane Kral harassment because, while Titans will at least be able to feel that they are actually hurting buried ants, they will still have no idea how many hit points they have and where they might be safest to allow an ant to pop up. But at least the Titans will be able to lessen the surprise damage that is sure to come. The fact that Khrals can make Titans dance around so much (when positioning is even more critical for Titans) says there should be a slight change made.
General Discussion » New update coming SOON? » Go to message
Yes I like the update too. When you say team colors are added, do you mean when you click on a unit you can tell if it is allied with you?

Overall I like the update, although when I scroll the screen from side to side I often inadvertently select an enemy unit and it freezes the whole process. I would recommend a smart feature in the game recognizing that you are scrolling your screen so that it won't select a unit if you start your scroll on it.
There is a posted update? Where can I find this? I'd like to know what changes are coming to the Assimilator. Thanks!
So please discuss what you think are the balance issues that still exist and need to be changed.
Just found out that the patch was delayed just a few days from last week, but it should come out this week sometime. (Thanks to Xavi for the info)
Good news, it's a big update for all platforms including iPhone. It will have lot's of interface changes and general game improvements, as well as a level editor! No balance changes in this one, but Xavi said he would check to give us a little hint as to what might be potential changes in the future! The Android update will probably be first, followed by iPhone shortly thereafter at some point.
Forum Index Profile for Cpt Hawaiian »» Messages posted by Cpt Hawaiian