[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: asdf
Forum Index Profile for asdf »» Messages posted by asdf
General Discussion » How to buff Titans vs. Khrals » Go to message
Some ideas:

1- Buried underlings do not heal.
2- Buried underlings lose max hit points as they stay buried. For example, for every 4 turns a buried underling stays buried, its max hit points drops by 1.
3- Assimilator transformation of underlings becomes a ranged ability, maybe 2 hex radius.
4- Assimilator gains new constant ability to expose buried underlings, maybe 2 hex radius. The buried underlings stay buried, you can just plainly see them now.
5- Assimilator gains new constant ability to prevent buried underlings from resurfacing, 1 hex radius.
6- Assimilator gains new UV-type ability to damage only buried underlings, call it UVB. Same cool down as UV attack, but the cool down affects both abilities. For example, if you use either UV or UVB, then both your UV and UVB abilities are in cool down.
7- Walker gains area of effect damage on buried underlings only around the target, 1 hex radius around target.
8- Cyber underlings gain new ability to combine with each other to make flying units. For example, if you have 2 cyber underlings, you can make a cyber swarmer. If you have a cyber swarmer, it can absorb another cyber underling to create a cyber garuda.
9- Cyber underlings gain teleport ability, with no cool down and may move/attack/bury immediately after teleport. This would be scary.
10- New unit - Guardian. No attack power and no defense just like Assimilator. Has the ability to increase attack/damage of adjacent units, maybe all adjacent units get +1/+2. Due to this game-breaking unit, any attack on it will destroy it, even from a 1 power unit. I guess this isn't a buff just to the khrals/titans matchup.

If any of these are implemented, then I would think it is only fair to increase the buried underling resurfacing bonus back to its original value, or maybe even higher since any of these ideas definitely tip the balance of power between khrals and titans.
General Discussion » No balance at all » Go to message
If you think khrals dominate titans on all maps, then you haven't played any good titans players.
I'm not good with titans, so how would I prove it to you?
In my opinion, on Naval War map, titans absolutely destroy Khrals. The numerical advantage of garudas over hydros isn't enough to overcome proper hydro positioning and good use of blockers. Khrals are forced to make levis to have a chance, but still titans have huge advantage.
Bug Reports » Suddenly in random games » Go to message
On top of that, the player creating the game has the option to pick his race. The player forced into the game does not have that option. How is that fair? There should at least be the option to pick your race and to decline the game.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Topic order? » Go to message
Ah. Who determines what should be stickied? Seems like trustworthy uniwarriors doesn't merit being stickied to stay on top. It's just opinion. I would think these deserve their own forum.
They are not ordered that way at all. For example, look at the threads under General Discussion. The latest thread to receive a reply is ? Veteran Status 11, yet there are 7 threads before it in the order. And the oldest one of those threads had its last reply in July! Clearly they are not ordered by last reply.
Thanks, but no. The topics should be in order within each forum. Currently, I can't figure out what the ordering logic is, if there even is any. Thanks for pointing out Recent Topics though. I never used that link before.
Why aren't the topics in descending chronological order of last post? What exactly is the ordering? I don't understand what is the ordering logic.
Bug Reports » Chat message bug » Go to message
If there is a new message in chat, the G icon appears in the games list for that game. The bug I see is that this G will repeatedly show up on games even when there are no new messages. To get rid of it, I open the game and open the chat window. But later on that G shows up again for no reason.
Bug Reports » Round timer bugs » Go to message
Refresh rate is at 10 seconds. I suppose this isn't really a problem for games with a long round limit. But for 3 min games, it's a pain.
General Discussion » Hydronauts vs. Garuda » Go to message
You can always get beat if you don't play correctly. Blockers on those island are very disruptive. Krahls will have to get through them, so each attack on a teleporter is an attack not on a hydro. Those add up.

The hydro line is as deep as you let it get. The longer the krahls player waits to advance, the deeper the hydro line gets. The garuda line would only possibly wrap around on the terrain on the sides, or possibly on the islands if they kill the blockers. Still, advancing your garudas away from your bases and towards the titans bases will leave your units out of position when they start getting popped. Any hydros you don't manage to kill off in your turn will just retreat to safety and healing.

But don't take my word for it. You try playing as krahls against a good titans player on naval war. You'll be in for a rude awakening if you think garudas are all you need.
Based on my experience against high ranked titans players, and just using naval war as an example, it doesn't matter that your garudas outnumber the hydros. The titans player will just build up hydros until you try to attack. By then the hydro line is several deep, meaning that when you advance with your garudas, they will first strike your garuda swarm 3 or even 4 deep. And that means your 1st line of full strength garudas is maybe 3 or 4 ranks from the front line. So you have 3 lines of damaged garudas that you must retreat or they are dead next turn. And if you decide to attack with your full strength garudas which are 3 or 4 hexes back, then they will only be able to hit the front line of hydros, and won't be able to kill any of them. So titans player will just retreat them, possibly with assimilators as support, to heal them while still having several lines deep of full strength hydros. And they all use teleporters to block the advance.

If you are able to beat a good titans player on naval war using mass garuda strategy, then props to you. I just don't see it happening. Advancing against deep hydros spells slaughter for garudas. Even with the numbers advantage.

About your 2nd point of positioning garudas 5 hexes away, of course that's what a good krahls player will do. But a good titans player isn't going to advance anyways. He'll just wait for you to advance into the slaughter.

Good titans players will not make just hydros. If you just make hydros, then I can see garudas taking you down.

Naval war completely favors titans over krahls. There a deep line of hydros will hold off garudas indefinitely. Plus the terrain in the middle can be used to teleport blockers, so the garudas will need to attack through those to get to the hydros. So each garuda attacking a teleporter is ripe to getting blasted by unmolested hydros. Also, advancing with a garuda swarm there will get you annihilated. The krals player will need to mix in levis to have a chance on naval war, but even then titans still have a huge advantage.
Bug Reports » Available to not working » Go to message
Wow. That's dumb. They should just make it cover invites instead. Seems simple enough.
Forum Index Profile for asdf »» Messages posted by asdf