[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: sdrawde
Forum Index Profile for sdrawde »» Messages posted by sdrawde
Tournaments » Uniwar HD Tourney » Go to message
Sorry you don't see the points I made fobos.

In short you entered the tourney knowing the rules, the clock is part of many games, I gave an example. Most of the uniwar community feels sorry for you but the toys out the pram attitude and hitting out at everyone in sight does you no favours. I doubt there is much sympathy left. You need to learn to lose more gracefully, and as your opponent played within the rules, congratulate him on his dastardly cunning victory.

Tournaments » Uniwar HD Tourney » Go to message
Hi fobos,

Sorry you lost in this way, it hurts. I see 2 mistakes though:

You allowed the games to become unsynchronised, and you did not request a round extension until too late (I think I only saw it very late last night - apologies if this incorrect). You know both of these factors of game management very well but just made a mistake in this game, most of us have messed up in a similar way. It's a mirror match so map unfair not really a factor here ? Match management is where the issue lies.

Let's not demonise elroy here either, you are both experienced players playing to the rules. He gambled in the last chance saloon and got lucky, maybe you underestimated his strategy as you surely saw it coming.

Don't make a 3rd mistake. Here is game where the world champion is on the brink of victory when his time runs out. It's daylight robbery but he smiles and laughs (ok so it was not a serious game).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-uWmw4YMA

Let's also not hit out at uniwars hardworking xavi and sims, please don't tell me you've not enjoyed playing uniwar over the last few years.
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
Enjoyable and tough games with HustlerOne.

I have won 2 games, in 13 and 15 rounds, the other games are beyond this number of rounds so a comeback is impossible, so whilst we continue to battle the last 2 interesting games and scoreline will likely get closer, for the tournament the result is known.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
I like it ! It might not suit me, as I take lots of uniwar breaks, when work is busy or I am focussing on something else but it will just represent a challenge to get the rating back. Given 14 days is a common holiday period, maybe you could extend slightly from 10 to 15 days.

Xavi, you mentioned different ratings lists, you could include one for active players and an archive of all time high rankings. I mean this kind of thing which Fide do for chess http://ratings.fide.com/toplist.phtml. Gary Kasparov still appears just not on the active players list.
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
Sdrawde v v2kam commenced.
Tournaments » Butterfly Effect » Go to message

Sdrawde 2612
Map : Ambush.
Tournaments » Spring freshet: basic rules and registration » Go to message
Yes pls...

Sdrawde
Rank 68
England
Playing for a few years
Tournaments » The First space UniWar-tournament "Cosmo Battles" » Go to message
Hopefully we can speed up now it is the weekend. Tarkus, echo uni's comments re well done for organising. Sorry I am part of the slow game, overall probably fairly equally to blame, noticeably slow during work hours for both. Ain't work a pain ? Happy with whatever your deadline is, I know you want to move on and keep progress. Let us know the deadline, maybe we can set aside some time to play every 10 minutes or something. Otherwise maybe u have to move on without us and please accept apologies.
Apologies, myself and bloody Harry take so long, both games are very tight battles, we are both trying very hard to complete !

With only 5 grading pts between us, I guess a hard fought drawn out battle was inevitable. We are very evenly matched. It's a fascinating battle, the most interesting games I've played for a long time but not so good for a speedy and efficient tournament. For that apologies. I am sure once some degree of superiority is reached by one player, the other will acquiesce but currently we are even matched on credits.
Not started yet, sent bh a reminder to invite.
Sdrawde 2588
Forum Index Profile for sdrawde »» Messages posted by sdrawde