[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: IzzyNobre
Forum Index Profile for IzzyNobre »» Messages posted by IzzyNobre
New Feature Request » Game creation, team selection » Go to message
When creating a team game, the team selection is made as follows:

Team 1

Team 2

Team 2

Team 1

Is there any logical reason you'd have to scroll down to select your partner? Would it make a LOT more sense if it were:

Team 1

Team 1

Team 2

Team 2

Or EVEN BETTER, a field/banner/whathaveyou saying TEAM 1 (and underneath, you select your teammate), and a field saying TEAM 2 under it.
New Feature Request » Easier way to select maps » Go to message
Awesome! It's long overdue
Guides & Tips » The Hate Units » Go to message
I'm gonna break the mold and nominate a suport unit for my hate unit: the Infector. As in, "my oponents HATE when I use it".
Myself, I actually love it.

Of course, it's really only a bigger pain in the ass for the enemies when you're playing against Sapiens. The thing is, not only does it provide you with an invaluable repair bonus, the Infector dishes out the infection - which my buddies immaturely like to refer to as "THE AIDS".

I've turned many a standstills thanks to infection (which forces the player to yield a move with a key unit to avoid the spread of the disease). If not dealt with IMMEDIATELY, the infection will cause a bigger pain in the ass in the long run.

The engineer is pretty awesome, too. Even after the nerf (remember when you could EMP after moving? Those were the days, hehe. Poor Titan players...), the hability to take out a huge area's worth of enemy Titans will turn the tides pretty quick.

In fact, when playing against Titans, my default starting move is create two Engineers. Not a lot of players can bounce back from a one-two EMP suckerpunch. And you only have until he pumps out a Walker to worry about defending them.
General Discussion » Uniwar "guide" comming soon! » Go to message
Minor sugestion: try spacing your posts (both here and on the future guide) in paragraphs. It makes a big block of text a lot more comfortable to read.

When all the lines are mashed together, not only is it kinda hard to keep track of where you are on the text, it "feels" tiring. I spread this short paragraph in two blocks of line to illustrate this point.

See?
Khraleans » Plague bombing » Go to message
This sound like a great strategy. I'm mostly a Khralean player these days and I also love unleashing plague (known as "THE AIDS") among my friend who play the game - "haha you got THE AIDS now dude your guys are screwed"), and I'm frequently plaguing my own captured marines, yet I never thought of using the marine's mobility to throw him in the direction of the enemy. Ironically I was just playing a game against a Sapiens oponent where this move could have been a knockout. Gotta try it sometime.

And by "sometime" I mean right now
So... will this sugestion EVER be implemented...? The current map selection screen is cumbersome.
General Discussion » What's wrong with the bots? » Go to message
I've tried initiating games with the bots and for some reason, one of them will never pick a race. It always just says "pending" and the game will never actually start.

What gives?
General Discussion » Is Uniwar going south? » Go to message
I've said it once and I'll say it again - the best way to really catapult UniWar to the spotlight is create a cross-platform, web-based version of the game.

Look at the popularity of web-based MMOs. That would bring a lot of attention to the game, not to mention expand the player base. Better yet, put out a UniWar Facebook application.
New Feature Request » UniWar 2 Suggestions » Go to message
* Give the engineer/assimilator/infector the ability to build stationary turrets which you can use to guard your territories;
* More naval and flying units;
* The ability to choose your color;
* Bigger maps.
Kralux, is there no interest at all in making a cross-platform web version of UniWar?
Khraleans » General Khralean Tips (Submit Your Own!) » Go to message
One killer strategy I've been using a lot lately is "2 Swarmers backed up by an Infector" team. Swarmers are dirt cheap and you can pump those out early in the game, and you can get a "free hit" by attacking first since the Swarmers have ranged attack. The enemy will attack you back on the next turn, and his unit will be hit back again.

On the following turn, simply repair the Swarmers. At that point you will establish the lead in that particular combat and 9 times out of 10, the enemy retreats once he realizes that from that point on, he'll be hitting you and being hit back, but you'll be healing back 2 points every turn anyway. It's a great way to deal with those pesky Marauders and Helicopters, I find.

In fact, the ranged attack makes Swarmers pretty damned effective against Helicopters. You just need to time your attacks right, so you can have an Infector out to back them up.

Edit: of course, this strategy is null and void against ground heavy units such as the Plasma Tank, Pinzer, Eclipse, etc. They take pretty much no damage from such an assault and, in the case of the Eclipse, will actually fire back.

But Helicopters, Marauders, Speeders, Wyrms, pretty much everything else will feel the sting
So devs, are you guys looking into this at all right now, or is it something that we'll have to wait longer for? The current map selection mode is terrible. Most people don't have the patience to scroll to the later maps so 90% of the games happen in the first 10 or so maps
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.5 iPhone » Go to message
Push notifications!

AWESOME
Wouldn't it be far easier and faster to select maps if the map selection screen showed several thumbnails of the maps, with their names underneath? Right now, scrolling all the way to the maps in the middle of the list takes far too long and it's just not practical. Not to mention all the accidental selections.

Who's with me?
New Feature Request » Clock and battery indicators » Go to message
Showing the status bar in this game would be a dealbreaker for me. It would just be so out of place.
Forum Index Profile for IzzyNobre »» Messages posted by IzzyNobre