[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: chum
Forum Index Profile for chum »» Messages posted by chum
Bug Reports » New game => Friend gets replaced with strangers. » Go to message
FYI, we tried 2 more times (each inviting once, while iMessaging each other about progress) with same results then, on the 3rd try, everything worked as expected.

I'm now playing my 1st Uniwar game in a year or two and very excited. Yay!

(Don't know if you changed something or if it's just coincidence but, if it works again, I'll be back to playing daily.
...Just now, I got a notification on my device that I've been invited but, on launching Uniwar, no battle was there.

No, that's the thing -- we always [used to; it's broken now] invite each other and look forward to games. My friend NEVER GOT the invite.

*AND* he was removed (along with all bots) & replaced with strangers WITHIN MINUTES of game creation.

This is a bug. Honest.
This has happened to me repeatedly for a while now. (As in: I kind of stopped playing Uniwar a long time ago because it would no longer let me play with my friends. I just recently tried again and it's still happening).

The basic experience is this:

* Start new custom game
* (Select a map, etc.)
* Add player #2: pick a friend.
* Add player #3: Bot
* Add player #4, 5, 6: Bot.
* Start game.
* Wait a few seconds...

EXPECTED RESULT: Game is ready to go with friend + a bunch of bots.

ACTUAL RESULT: Friend & bots are removed, all other slots fill up with strangers, other players.

iPad (mini, gen 3-ish?) iOS 11.4. Uniwar 1.13.5

I kind-a miss playing Uniwar every day. It would be nice to have it back, again.
Bug Reports » Orientation inverted on iPad (mini; I've not tried others.) » Go to message
It used to work (say, a year ago -- I've been playing on my phone for a while) but, when I tried after the last update (so I'm not really sure when the problem started, but sometime in 2014), the orientation is always backwards on my iPad mini (retina.)

That is, when my iPad is oriented landscape (left or right), UniWar displays portrait; if I hold my iPad portrait, it switches to landscape.

This make navigating the UI =very= difficult!

Please fix. I can play on my phone, but I like the bigger screen on my pad.

Thanks!
New Feature Request » Mark player# positions on map » Go to message
I like to set up games between myself and a friend, with robots between us. We often play 4, 6 or 8 player games with just he & I, and the remainders being robots.

We prefer to start at opposite ends of the map, having to fight our way through the 'bots before we finally meet-up with each other but, without a clear indication on the map as to which player-slot is which, we often can't arrange the matches for maximum enjoyment.

My suggestion is to somehow mark the starting positions so this is clear. I know that player#1 (game-organizer) is blue, but maybe a legend for the others.

Thanks!

(Please oh please don't suggest that I memorize the other colors in order. Gah! This is what computers are for!!!)
User Generated Maps » Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth [8 player] » Go to message
I like the top one better.

Not sure about balance -- I can see the others' points, I'm just not sure that it's as uneven as all that.

As far as Titans ruling, I used to think that when I first started, but have since learned that they have some pretty severe weaknesses, too. I'd probably play this map as Sapiens until I got the hang of it's various facets.

I, too, enjoy the concept of uneven maps, although they're harder to play-balance.

Where is the map editor available?!
New Feature Request » Boot 'bots (or people) who are too slow to join a game. » Go to message
After, say, 72 hrs (3 days), you should be able to boot 'bots (or players) who are stuck and preventing your game from starting.

Yes, I can cancel the game and start a new one but, after the 3rd time, the real-people get annoyed. It'd be nice to just start the game, already!
New Feature Request » An area for user-submitted maps (+ map-editor) » Go to message
It would be nice if I could try out player-submitted maps. Well, in particular, my own maps that I created with some sort of map editor. The editor could be desktop, if on-phone has too many issues.

Player submitted maps should probably only play unrated games, at least until they'd been vetted.

Later, you could add the ability to vet player submitted maps to become "official" maps.

Of course, you want player-submissions to all carry some licensing verbiage that allows Uniwar to use them, should they be deemed worthy, etc.
New Feature Request » Hierarchical list/filter for maps. » Go to message
Rather than make me scroll through a bazillion maps, it'd be nice if they could at least be filtered, say by number of bases and maybe a text filter. So, for example, I could filter only 4-player maps or maybe I know the name is "lake"-something, so I could see only those with the text "lake" in the name.
Bug Reports » Some bots are stuck again. » Go to message
I've got 2 games that I can't start because I'm waiting for bots to join. Rita/pending & Laura/pending.

Is there any way to bump them and re-invite a new bot?

Been waiting for a couple of days.
Forum Index Profile for chum »» Messages posted by chum