[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Solitary
Forum Index Profile for Solitary »» Messages posted by Solitary
General Discussion » List of Playable Maps » Go to message
It was a very one sided fight, I don't know if you saw any of it or not xD.
New Feature Request » Titan favorable balance? » Go to message
So you mean the odd speeder here and there is handy :p. That's not what it sounded like! And yea, you can't sit on your ass with any race and let titan build whatever they want uncontested although you can get away with it a lot easier with khral than with saps xD.
General Discussion » Too much luck involved in small maps? » Go to message
One of my losses on the isolation account was 100% down to two bad combat results in a row and tbh that's just stupid. I think the luck should be between two numbers rather than three as the difference between a 5 point hit on a heli and a 3 point hit on a heli (with a garuda) is just ridiculous. If it was between 4 points and 5 you'd know that there's always a chance of taking the heli down with a second hit and +2 gangup whereas now sometimes you'll know from the first hit that it's going to take 3 attacks.

It goes very much against my idea of a strategy game to carefully plan out a sequence of moves and be forced to deviate into damage limitation after a single bad result throwing my calculations off.
General Discussion » Too much luck involved in small maps? » Go to message
I had the luck debate with kralux in game as well as I actually agree that it's a little too extreme but in reality it wouldn't be that bad if there were more games with high unit counts. A lot of maps you can start trading punches by round two and with the credits per turn being so low on those maps then it's not really practical to catch up. It would be interesting to double the income on those small maps though and see if it makes things a little less dependant on one or two combat results!
Wyrms are really powerful against titans sure but they are about right against sapiens. Khral needs the mobility in seige units to make them worth building against sapiens and raising the cost would unbalance that matchup really badly xD. My underling/garuda strategy needs other units to convert to a win in most cases where the sapien is turtling and in all khral vs sapien strategies then diversity is key (although tbh it's nice to see a sapien turtling as I find the arrogant charging in head first of most sapiens really annoying :p).

I'd like to see something done to even out titan vs khral though as it's unusual for me to even have to stop and think against titan players when I'm playing khral (only if they are exceptionally good).
General Discussion » Going 1st/2nd » Go to message
Also on chato hill, especially noticeable as khral against sap is that without that first capture you also can't spam underlings as effectively with blue as you're a base short and red will have a helicopter on your side of the map almost instantly. As red you can get an extra buried underling before your opponent starts harassing you with a helicopter. Things like that make a difference as well when it comes to going first or second. Montevideo you can cheese rush titans with a sapiens and a marauder if you go first and use the unit you're given to capture the naval base in the attack (this is dependant on them not quitting before turn 3, lol).

Small maps are very influenced by who goes first or second as getting on the terrain first is often critical, or getting the first attack in.
Walker is much better than battery tbh and it's range is the main imbalancing factor on loads of maps for sap vs titan. I'm not sure what I'd do to fine tune titans but it probably wouldn't be either of those things xD. Speeders are underrated but I think nerfing them would be better than increasing the cost as if you bump the cost of units as nfong suggested then you end up with an awkward development and on many maps only one unit which can be bought with credits from a single turn, which is one reason I think khral struggle on so many maps.

I wouldn't have a problem with nerfing walker ground heavy attack a little bit (maybe 2 points) and dropping it to 700 credits though as range of the walker is the key part of it's strategic power. With UV blasts as well that's still very powerful.

I'll be able to comment better once I set up a titan account and test things out myself :o.
Well, playing vs khral on jungle wasn't as easy as I thought it would be (apart from the first game, lol) but I still feel like khral are struggling to hold against saps rather than starting on equal terms. It's tough because the helis just have free run of the map once you kill or damage wyrms and khral ends up with masses of heavily damaged underlings for no cost to the sapien. Not sure what your views on the map are after the games cochise?
General Discussion » What would be your most wanted new unit type? » Go to message
I think it's fair to say most of all of them will be in the next one anyways >.<.
Khraleans » Beating Sapiens » Go to message
I'd be interested to see that in action as I can't imagine how you do it without getting crushed by helis while you prepare it xD.
That is annoying but tends to be less critical as you'll have other units around to finish it off probably without losing outright! My garuda/underling strategy is pretty much the only way of beating skilled sapien players and it's very inefficient having too many wyrms and swarmers around the place, so when the garuda fails it's generally fatal. I'm chatting with kralux atm about the lack of flexibility in khral and about random factors in general as one of those two things probably needs to change (although hopefully the map update will create some more prominent khral players).

For anyone following my stats I've got two losses impending so I'm now 2088 with 53 wins and 5 losses (soon to be 7 xD).

A fair number of those wins come from one simple fact, sapiens aren't afraid of khral. They just pile in with marines and helis in pretty much the exact same sequence regardless of what you build or where you move, use that to advantage :o.
Yea Nix, it's mostly to do with proximity and too much terrain I believe. Even 2000+ players seem to make hundreds of really basic mistakes on maps they aren't used to xD. I can send you invite unrated if you like, I just think marine spam is too hard to counter as khral on that map because the starting bases are in range of each other by helicopter which means you can't make underlings in them after like turn one. If there was a bit less terrain it might be playable but I haven't found a way to stop a quick push!
Khrals and saps is an odd one though xD. On balanced maps I think it's not so bad but the random element can totally screw khral over in a way that doesn't happen with the other two races, also there's potential for luck in covering buried units. For example if you hit a heli with two garuda and +2 gangup bonus then most times it will die but on the few times it doesn't then you've badly weakened two units for no gain, or you lose another tempo and screw up your attack. Also 10hp garuda will mostly kill 5hp heli but if it doesn't then again you often don't have the tempo available to stop from becoming disadvantaged.

Titans and saps both have less of an issue in that area because they have more units which can move after attack or attack with range so they have better strategic options from unlucky combat results. If you get unlucky with your garuda against helis then it's stuck right in the front row waiting to get mowed down by marines, and there's no real way to compensate for it.
I'm going to try titans once I get over 2100 with khral and then see what conclusions I get about races after playing titan to over 2100. Khral against sap is a matchup I'm going to do a big post on at some point though as I need to put into words exactly why I think it's unbalanced. It just sucks that saps can do almost anything they like agaisnt khral and have a chance of winning whereas khral you need perfect unit selection and very accurate prediction of the sapiens next moves in order to even get a chance. It's wrong to need such a high level of skill, prediction, and luck against a race that basically just needs to mix two units in different ratios then walk forwards!!!

I'm actually really struggling atm against a player with an incredibly clumsy advance, just because by moving everything to illogical places he avoided every single one of my buried underlings with his marines xD.
I don't think you can win laguna nigual with khrals against saps although feel free to prove me wrong on that xD. It's especially bad with red khrals as the helicopter is out earlier and it's harder to get your units in position to defend.
Forum Index Profile for Solitary »» Messages posted by Solitary