[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Your Turn
Forum Index Profile for Your Turn »» Messages posted by Your Turn
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
@fobos_rus: Yep, he kicked me from those and skipped me in the other two. He never replied to my text either. Anyway too bad we didn't meet in two rounds, that would have been challenging.

@all: In that case you can donate the four wins to our Russian friend and stick them, where the sun doesn't shine. It's been 3 months since the start of this tournament. I've beaten 3 opponents during that period. Yes, that equals 1 opponent each month. Still you expect me to login every DAY? Perhaps this makes sense to most players, but I only play tournaments. Regular matches are simply boring due to overly defensive gameplay. Nowhere on this forum was an announcement for the next round and I instantly started UW, when my red notification label showed new games. And for the record: I did login almost every day to check if the tournament was progressing.

Hiding behind the rules is a choice. So are skipping and kicking. So is using multiple accounts to reset your actions. So is carefully selecting noob opponents to grow a 4k+ score. These are not my choices though. My choice is to simply delete UW from my iPhone and stick with doing things I enjoy. Don't mistake this for rage quitting, cause I considered it properly. And I'm fully aware nobody will cry over me leaving, neither will I. Best of luck to most of you and much wisdom to others.
Yesterday I opened UW and found out, the new round has started. My opponent Pipka has removed me from both mirror games, so only two games are available. He didn't accept my new invites to replace the mirrors and he doesn't respond to my text. What will happen now?

Personally I think it's insulting, that he would either consider removing me. The tournament is progressing very slow, so one should at least give his opponent some time to figure out the next round has started. The fact, that he deliberately kicks me from two games as soon as he got the chance, makes me wonder how he got his 4k+ score. If he is really that good, why not beat me fair and square? Then I looked at his friend list, which cleared things up.. The 'preferred by' part is filled with a huge number of anonymous players. You do the math.

I will not continue with the two current games, untill my question is answered. If this means he'll skip and remove me from the other two games too, so be it. Either we play four games or we play none at all. And so it happened (update): he didn't respond to chat, skipped me in the two other games, so I surrendered in the 2nd round. Have a nice life.

Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rounds and statistics » Go to message
Round 3: Your Turn wins 4-0 vs Dr. Pepper

1. Dr. Pepper (black tit) - Your Turn (red khral) Your Turn wins in 10 rounds
2. Your Turn (black tit) - Dr. Pepper (red khral) Your Turn wins in 8 rounds

3. Dr. Pepper (black tit) - Your Turn (red tit) Your Turn wins in 14 rounds
4. Your Turn (black tit) - Dr. Pepper (red tit) Your Turn wins in 10 rounds

Any 1800 player who reaches the third round deserves respect. Kudos to Dr. Pepper!
OK thanks for the info, Talone. We'll be patient as always
Any news?
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
I'm aware people will probably be offended, if I'd personally suspect them of resetting their rounds untill they get the desired outcome. This is not what I'm aiming for and that is why I don't and won't give names. Perhaps some in turn may consider me a coward for this or think I'm full of it. Though this is not my intention, I care as much about these opinions as my score. I simply want to explain why I stopped playing ranked games. Whatever you do with this info is up to you.

However other players may have similar experiences. And personally I think only few of us are willing to spend their time on a forum to explain how they feel about it. Furthermore I don't see a fitting solution to both problems. The new ranking system does not solve the probability of defensive gameplay and hence it will not encourage me to play more ranked games. And in all honesty I expect the second problem (resetting a round untill desired outcome) will only become bigger as more players will discover this possibility. If my gf is right about how it's done, this post will probably even be counter productive in that matter. So be it. I can only say I experienced these strange results and it's statistically very unlikely they are achieved with regular gameplay.

I even noticed these strange results in some tournament games, so I asked one opponent about it. Since I still managed to win, I figured this was a great chance for asking without being considered a sore loser. He was very polite and didn't deny at all (he didn't admit either), but he had a valid reason for not being able to explain without risking trouble. I respect him and leave it at that. But as you can imagine, it didn't exactly make me less suspicious about the whole thing.

In conclusion: a new ranking system will not make me play more ranked games. Changes to the game rewarding aggressive gameplay and either disabling manipulation of battle outcomes or openly allowing and explaining this possibility will make me play more ranked games. Untill then I'd rather lose my score than my self respect. As far as tournaments are concerned, I will consider taking and sharing screenshots when I have some 'hard' evidence. I don't think I'm the best player in the world and though it might sound masochistic I even enjoy getting a proper beating. As long as the rules are clear and maintained, all is fine by me.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on the matter.

1. I love that you're taking feedback seriously and reforming the ranking system.
2. I understand the problem of inactive high ranking players and the need to find a practical solution.
3. I agree with some players, that a time limit of ten days is not enough for casual gamers like me.
4. I have two specific reasons for hardly ever playing ranked games anymore, which I will explain below.
5. I am fine with whatever changes you make, cause I could care less about my score.

Some setups reward aggressive gameplay, but in most cases it's the exact opposite. The closer a battle is towards your bases, the faster your reinforcements can participate. Strong players usually benefit from this by keeping the frontline close to home. In my experience this often results in a massive buildup before anything interesting happens. To me this is similar to playing against a boring poker player, who folds 90% of the time. When there are no stakes, this passive gameplay bores me. As a game is meant to be fun, I simply play something I enjoy better. Lately I have only played tournament games, since these are much more exciting. And I think it is rewarding to see how I perform in a balanced matchup (because of the mirrors).

Apart from defensive gameplay there is another reason for my inactivity. Against certain players (no names) I experienced unexpected results. I honestly don't mind losing a fair fight, but I'm talking about ridiculous outcomes. I know about chaining, terrain bonuses, attacking from opposing sides and all, so I can predict damage and losses fairly well. This is why I'm pretty certain some high ranking players use tricks. After my gf told me about the concept of resetting a round by switching accounts, I suspect this is what they do. Of course I can never prove this, cause my opponent could just be extremely lucky. But in some cases this 'luck' was combined with very uncommon choices (eg braking a chain with other attacks and then returning to the initial unit where every hit is off the chart). To me this is not worth a discussion, since such players are unlikely to admit their behaviour. After noticing these extreme results I even considered getting a second account myself for the sole purpose of being able to do the exact same thing. Still I haven't done this even though I don't consider this cheating. It's just not how I'd like to win.

Hehe no worries Talone, we all respect you for organising these tournaments. Take all the time you uh I mean the sharks need, cause I can only guess how much effort you put into this. It's pretty awesome what you guys are doing for the Uniwar community. The good news is there will probably be three phases in this process:
- First some of us complain about everything we don't like (as you saw with some of the whining and silly questions in Spring Freshet).
- Then we get really quiet and only post our game results (everybody in the tournament seems to play dead on the forum at the moment).
- And finally we'll all realise these tournaments don't organise themselves and become thankful towards people like you.

I guess all I'm saying is keep up the good job and let's hope people will interact more on this part of the forum. These tournaments will definitely help players to get more involved and excited about the game. Even though most of us will never say thank you, I'm pretty sure we all appreciate the time and work you spend on it.
Those sharks aren't full yet, they just didn't like the taste of little boys. Time to feed them some real men..
Round 2: Your Turn wins 3-1 vs benbass11

1. benbass11 (black sap) - Your Turn (red tit) benbass11 wins in 23 rounds
2. Your Turn (black sap) - benbass11 (red tit) Your Turn wins in 14 rounds

3. benbass11 (black tit) - Your Turn (red khral) Your Turn wins in 16 rounds
4. Your Turn (black tit) - benbass11 (red khral) Your Turn wins in 8 rounds
1. Kosmik (black khral) - Your Turn (red sap) Your Turn wins in 19 rounds
2. Your Turn (black khral) - Kosmik (red sap) Your Turn wins in 23 rounds

3. Kosmik (black tit) - Your Turn (red khral) Kosmik wins in 28 rounds
4. Your Turn (black tit) - Kosmik (red khral) Kosmik wins in 22 rounds

Your Turn wins (2-2) in 42 rounds vs 50 rounds. Kosmik offered a great fight though!
Your Turn

Btw Talone: thanks for all the effort you put into this game! I respect you for doing so, but please stay easy on the red font..
Tournaments » Spring freshet: 2 tour » Go to message
Your Turn vs Unikz

G1: Your Turn (blue saps) vs Unikz (red titans)
G2: Unikz (blue saps) vs Your Turn (red titans)
G3: Unikz (blue khrals) vs Your Turn (red saps)
G4: Your Turn (blue khrals) vs Unikz (red saps)

All invites have been sent, the first game is started. Since all four will start soon, you can put them as 'started' in the list.
Tournaments » Spring freshet: 1 tour » Go to message
Pool 6, tour 1 completed

Yumbubbletea (sap) vs Your Turn (khral): Your Turn wins in 11R
Your Turn (sap) vs Yumbubbletea (khral): Your Turn wins in 8R
Yumbubbletea (khral) vs Your Turn (tit): Your Turn wins in 10R
Your Turn (tit) vs Yumbubbletea (khral): Your Turn wins in 11R
Tournaments » Spring freshet: 1 tour » Go to message
Yumbubbletea vs Your Turn

Sapiens vs Khraleans
Khraleans vs Sapiens
Khraleans vs Titans
Titans vs Khraleans