[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: ddeeaann
Forum Index Profile for ddeeaann »» Messages posted by ddeeaann
New Feature Request » Map editor! » Go to message
Either on iphone or possibly through the website. This would be sweet.

Guides & Tips » unfair advantage for second player? » Go to message
It's not just about the speed of the Khraleans- the second player's starting units are literally adjacent to the unoccupied bases, whereas the first player has to move to get there. The placement of initial units is the same for any race. The effect is that no matter what race you use, the second player starts not only with more credits, but also much better position to capture bases.

I'm not sure I agree that the first move has much of an advantage on this board- you really cant do much besides capture a base. No matter what races are chosen, by the end of turn two the second player will have many more credits than the first player due to the initial unit placements.

The game really needs some randomization (of boards or player spots) to account for this imbalance.

Otherwise it's totally awesome- I play it every single day, a great, fun game and app!
Guides & Tips » unfair advantage for second player? » Go to message
Start a two player game on Chato Hill, make p1 the Titans, and p2 the Khraleans. Notice the inequality of the starting resources:

p1 (titans): 1 base, 500 credits, 2 mechas close enough to only capture 1 additional base
p2 (Khraleans): 1 base, 600 credits, 2 underlings adjacent to two unclaimed bases

That's an unfair advantage! The second player starts with an extra 100 points and is poised to be in control of 3 bases after the first turn. Try reversing the players/armies:

p1 (Khraleans): 1 base, 500 bases, 2 underlings close enough to only capture 1 additional base
p2 (titans): 1 base, 600 credits, 2 mechas adjacent to two unclaimed bases

In this case also, the second player has an unfair advantage of more credits and more first turn bases.

Has anyone noticed similar inequalities on other boards, or with other armies? I hope not! Otherwise why ever start a game if the second player has an advantage?
Forum Index Profile for ddeeaann »» Messages posted by ddeeaann