Balance changes effective from 22/3-2021 20:00 CET
- Eclipse's attack vs ground heavy will be increased from 5 to 6. This will make the Eclipe a more viable choice vs speeder and marauder"spam".
- All blasters vill get a -5% reduction in armourpiercing vs ground heavy. This will increase tank survivability.
Balance changes effective from 22/10-2020 07:00 UTC
- Eclipse's defence will be reduced from 11 to 10 and ground light attack will be increased from 8 to 10 - to roll back a bit the last defence buff making it to "tanky" (+2 defence)
- Mecka movement increased from 7 to 8 - to give titan a better fighting chance on maps with much forest and also make it easier (more fair) for titan in getting faster on cities.
- Garuda defence will be increased from 8 to 9 - to improve khral vs other races
- Helicopter will get an increased air attack from 9 to 10 - to balance Garuda buff a bit
- Submarine will get increased underwater mobility from 7 to 9 - to give the submarine better playability/survivability.
Balance changes effective from 16/2-2020 22:00 CET
The eclipse have been underused a long time compared to units like the sapien helicopter and khral garuda.
The changes to the eclipse will make it fight better vs the medium units like swarmer, speeder and marauder while making it less effective vs infantry to balance it out and retain the 400 cost.
- increase defence from 9 to 11
- increase ground heavy attack from 4 to 5
- decrease ground light attack from 10 to 8
Balance changes effective from 29/8-2019 15:00 CET
The battery have been underused for a long time, and even more after the introduction of the "tankbuster-units"... (the Bopper being a better and cheaper tank-buster than the battery)
The changes to the battery will make it more flexible with 2 actions, but will get reductions in attack-strength.
- 2 actions
- remove MAA
- movement reduced from 7 to 5
- ground light attack reduced from 12 to 10
- air attack reduced from 12 to 5
- ground heavy attack reduced from 10 to 6
- amphibian attack reduced from 12 to 10
Balance change - effective from 20/3-2019:
Kraken gets increase in move and move underwater from 9 tp 10.
This will give Kraken 3 hex move also when one tile is bridge.
Balance changes effective from 27/1-2019 15:00 CET:
- Infector price reduced from 300 to 250 (Infector is a bit underused)
- Mecka II air increased from 3 to 4 (Mekca II air should at least be the same as orginal Mecka)
- Wyrm MAA reduced from 5 to 4 (Wyrm MAA 4 will prevent it from moving back onto a city after a move.)
0james0 wrote:... but I do not feel people who have had the game since 2012 should have to pay more money for basic things like stopping ads for undo turn.
I disagree on that.. as a long time player myself (29/11-2010). Undo was never part of the features when uniwar cost money.. it was a trick to log in between accounts.
Uniwar have evolved a lot from when it cost 5$.. and you really cant expect the developers to give away all new features for free...
here is the latest alpha : http://www.uniwar.com/app/uniwar.apk
(with uniwar pro in the works)
It is correct that infinite undo is removed from the store.
It will be part on a new purchasable item in the store soon to come : "uniwar pro"
Uniwar pro will be a purchasable for shorter or longer time and will include:
- unlimited undo
- all units unlocked
- AI bot to take your turn instead of being skipped
Btw, undo and use of units not owned will still be available by watching an ad if you dont want to spend money.
Those stats are wrong. There are at least 7-800 rated maps (probably more).
(i have a detailed list from pashaka)
We have also seen that the map-draw seems to have less variety than what should be ... we are looking into it.
Regarding map to "re-enter".. just read what i wrote above.. it explains all we have done and why some maps fell out out the ranked pool, and why some others got in.
thx for your input. balance team is not a secret, as i told you on PM and also can be found in the post about balance changes.
Regarding how maps get into the rated pool...
I believe very strongly that this has to be an automated process. I dont believe a manual evaluation of individual maps by a team of players to be a viable and robust solution... it just wont be practical over time and scale very poorly with the 10.000+ maps made by players over the years.
An automatic process will obviously have its flaws and will probably never be perfect for all maps/situations... but it will be good enough.
That said, we are always interested in making things better..
In the latest months we have:
- added higher value for upvote on loss and downvote on win (x1,5)
- disregard votes from players that have not played the map
- only make the last 200 votes count (will be done gradually as soon as the map gets a new vote)
I very much disagree with your suggestion on having tourney maps as a separate type of maps... i think tourney play and normal play should be as equal as possible, and it will be confusing to new players with different types of maps... I really cant see any benefit for this.
Just think of how to admin this.. can we make a player made map "tourney" without his consent? (as it would no longer be in the normel rated pool)....
I would much rather accept maps in tourneys that are good but not always perfectly balanced - as long as we extend tourney time in all rounds and use mirror games in all 1:1 tourneys, except perhaps in "round-robin"(group stages).
Alsan: Soon we will have (many?) players that make custom tourneys... Perhaps you or others that share your position on maps would like to be tourney manager for custom tourneys?
The beta program on google play is not updated.. all betas are on the uniwar website (download APK)
wookieontheweb wrote:There was a decision recently to reset the map vote counters and only allow votes after someone has played the map.
I think the result of this is we are about to lose all but the built-in maps from ranked random.
I'm not sure of the exact criteria that makes a map unranked, but from experience at least half (probably more) will be un-ranked before they reach 200 up votes.
This will leave us with only built-in, new maps (but only for a short while) and a few from Master Yoda (and a few others). From above that's less than 150 maps and it will fall.
Up vs down votes is not good enough as a way of determining the fate of a map. Some common strategies on some maps are flawed and other strategies are much harder to counter. The map may not be unbalanced but it will feel like it when you're on the wrong path. If you revenge and crush your opponent in a similar way then your assumption is the map must be broken. That's potentially 4 down votes for a balanced map that actually requires some original thinking, something that pushes you out of your comfort zone. Don't we want more of these maps, not less?
I think we need a better way of identifying maps that are "good" and then add them to the built-in list so there is no more voting on them.
Formula for map to get rated is not changed; its still 25+ votes where 70+% positive.
What has been done:
- disregard votes from players when they have not played the map (also for older votes)
- only use the last 200 votes on a map. This will only affect maps played very much.
- upvote on loss and downvote on win have 1,5 value
You are wrong that numbers of rated maps will decrease to the "buildt in". The analisys i have done predict more maps in the rated pool than before changes (based on current maps and votes).
Current system might not be perfect.. i dont think you will find that, but its a decent tradeoff between simplicity, practicall and fairness.
Your solution of making good maps "in buildt" will not scale.. as it rely on continous human evaluation of maps.. or the selection will be outdated with changes in balance and meta. In my oipinion the system have to be automated to be viable.
Uniwar is still being developed. Pashaka from spookyhouse have done much work, although not all visible to all..
- UI improvements (chat, chatrooms, report messages etc etc)
- some new campaign missions
- many usermade maps in offline mode
- daily replays
- daily challenge
Currently we are testing out custom tourney feature where players can make and admin own tourneys. (this will be an IAP)
the issue have been found, and a fix is on the way (to the appstore when apple can rewiew it)