[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Mew2468
Forum Index Profile for Mew2468 »» Messages posted by Mew2468
New Feature Request » Suggestion: Fair map set-up thought » Go to message
Sounds like a great idea!
User Generated Maps » Canals [6 Players] » Go to message
Do 2 players share the isolated islands, or is it 1 player per island? I love the map, but wouldn't the game never end unless there are Titans in the game because a player could just "turtle" in an island and nobody could take their bases?

Maybe you could add one piece of land to connect the island to the mainland.
User Generated Maps » Shuriken [6 Player Map] » Go to message
  Star Driven wrote: I think a single row of water surrounding the map would be best, still my favorite map on the forums.

Thanks for the compliment ! I like your maps too !
  _jnc_ wrote: Great map; I'd love to play this one!

As I mentioned on my "Full Naval", I personally like naval battles, but for this map I'd also tend towards the non-naval version. Maybe you could replace the most outer rim with black space instead of water. Like this, swarmers could attack titans without them having a chance to fire back (except with walkers which I doubt would be realistic on this map).

Good idea. I'll change it sometime tomorrow.
  Star Driven wrote: Personally, I really dislike games that tend to have main focus on naval warfare.

Same here . That's why most of my maps don't have harbors.
Khraleans » General Khralean Tips (Submit Your Own!) » Go to message
  IzzyNobre wrote: One killer strategy I've been using a lot lately is "2 Swarmers backed up by an Infector" team. Swarmers are dirt cheap and you can pump those out early in the game, and you can get a "free hit" by attacking first since the Swarmers have ranged attack. The enemy will attack you back on the next turn, and his unit will be hit back again.

On the following turn, simply repair the Swarmers. At that point you will establish the lead in that particular combat and 9 times out of 10, the enemy retreats once he realizes that from that point on, he'll be hitting you and being hit back, but you'll be healing back 2 points every turn anyway. It's a great way to deal with those pesky Marauders and Helicopters, I find.

In fact, the ranged attack makes Swarmers pretty damned effective against Helicopters. You just need to time your attacks right, so you can have an Infector out to back them up.

Nice tip! Added it to the first post.
User Generated Maps » Please Help =/ » Go to message
No problem .
User Generated Maps » Please Help =/ » Go to message
  Star Driven wrote: I have the editor, along with a few maps that i would really love to post.

The problem is, I've no idea how >.<

I'm clueless on how to turn the maps i have made into a picture file, nevermind getting it into a post!

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. =)

Click the icon next to the one used to resize the map. It's a blue floppy disk in front of something. Then, choose the name of the file and the directory you want to save it in. Upload it onto your favourite image hosting site, then link it to your posts.
General Discussion » Make Your Own Maps - How To Tutorial » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: I'm afraid this is a dumb question, but what is the purpose of entity: mapcontrol? I understand the others but have no idea what that one does. Any help would be appreciated

I believe its to set the different aspects of the map (money/base, how the game is won, etc).
This is my favourite map out of all the ones I've designed. I also think it has the most potential. I made a version with and without harbors (I don't really like naval battles). Each player begins with the base (and harbor on the version with harbors) on their section of the star, and an infantry unit of their class on the other green dot. I set up the players so the teams are alternating.

With Harbors:

Without Harbors:

Less Water (and there could be a ring of water around...I don't want to make another screenshot just for that ):

No Water (how would this play...would ranged units be able to attack across the voids?):
New Feature Request » UniWar 2 Suggestions » Go to message
  dingo wrote:
  Mew2468 wrote:
  didude wrote: How about pre-deployment maps (maps where the units you use are already created and no units can be built)?

There is a way to do that currently on the Level editor.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I don't see any level editor in the game currently. Is there a way to create custom maps that you can actually USE?

There is currently no level editor in the game. It's a program you download onto your computer (you can't use the maps ATM, you submit them to the UniWar team).
New Feature Request » UniWar 2 Suggestions » Go to message
  didude wrote: How about pre-deployment maps (maps where the units you use are already created and no units can be built)?

There is a way to do that currently on the Level editor.
User Generated Maps » Caverns [4 player] » Go to message
This one I really like. Nice job .
General Discussion » Guess what » Go to message
Nice Photoshop job .
General Discussion » Make Your Own Maps - How To Tutorial » Go to message
  khabarakh wrote: What is the policy for reviewing the maps to potentially be used within the game? Also, will there be some sort of testing mechanism?

Thanks.

I'd also like to know - I've already emailed one map in.
Forum Index Profile for Mew2468 »» Messages posted by Mew2468