[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: mogrog
Forum Index Profile for mogrog »» Messages posted by mogrog
General Discussion » Suggestions » Go to message
One solution with unbalanced maps might be just to block the race that the map heavily favors, too. For example with Land Bridge, Titans have a huge advantage but I'm pretty sure sapiens and khrals have a reasonably fair fight. No sense chucking the map entirely when you could just grey out the titan selection.
General Discussion » Do you hate 1.3.0? Rant here. » Go to message
Here's how I see ratings... Ratings are for finding a decent match with another player. You get a general sense of their skill so you know if they're a noob or an expert. If they're 2100, you know you have to be on your toes. If they're 1500, you know they just bought the game. Etc. It's not perfect or exact but it's a good way to get a general sense of another player's skill.

So some people cheat. So what? If they have an artificially high score but still can't play, then they'll get their ass kicked in a "real game." If their rating is undeserved then it's painfully obvious to figure that out, anyway.

As for the ladder... Yeah, some people cheated to top it. So what? Does anyone really, truly care about being first place on a website that maybe 100 people visit, none of whom you know besides as a silly nickname? Get rid of the ladder and the cheaters won't have incentive to try and top it, and the rest of us can use rankings as a way of gauging our opponents.

Or reset it and make it a monthly ladder, or whatever, for those who do care. But I bet a lot fewer people care about the ladder itself than you think. I bet many of the problems with cheaters would be solved if it was just scrapped entirely.

Please bring back things the way they were before the update. This update was only for the purpose of making the ladder fair, but it's going to make the ranking system worthless as people abandon the game or play unrated instead. I know I'm only playing unrated games now, as I want to play the maps and races I want and I can't stand the messed up random pairing. You really had one of the best multiplayer match up processes in any iphone game and this update screws that up.

General Discussion » Skip Player » Go to message
Why do you have to skip players three times to clear them? The dropout rate is really high in this game and it kind of sucks to have 10 games out of 20 where the person obviously isn't coming back and you have to keep skipping them for the next three days. That, or just surrender, which I usually end up doing just to clear a slot, player rating be damned.

Additionally on 2 player games, missing a turn in many cases means you're going to lose anyway. On most maps all it takes is one screw-up. You're not even doing them much of a favor if you make an extra move and they are actually coming back, since the game is pretty much lost for them anyway.

Can't you just make it once, at least on 2 player games? If they miss a turn and you want to keep playing or think they'll come back you can just wait for them. If you're pretty sure they aren't coming back you can free the slot.

It just sucks that it's so much hassle for the person who's actually playing and contributing to this community to get rid of the people who just start games and drop out. Yeah it's not THAT much work for one game, but when you have 10 drop outs it really is a pain.
General Discussion » Going 1st/2nd » Go to message
That's because it's not twice as many credits as in double the starting amount, it's twice as many as in starting amount+2x the amount you get per turn (which varies on every map.)

Blue gets starting amount+1 turn's credits. Red gets starting amount +2 turn's credits, and can build a better initial unit, which matters some times.

Though blue can also safely pass on their initial build on some maps to build a better initial unit as well.
Forum Index Profile for mogrog »» Messages posted by mogrog