[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: charnal
Forum Index Profile for charnal »» Messages posted by charnal
Guides & Tips » The Hate Units » Go to message
Good point, guolin. You can really tear apart a player's domestic defense with underlings. They are basically phantoms when you surface them again and again in different spots. In another article (http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/403.page, at the bottom) I explain the effectiveness of using underlings to capture bases and/or force your opponent to spend credits that are lemons because they are never used.

It seems as though the Khraleans have many hate units. *cough* But that's why they're the best race *cough cough*
Khraleans » Khraleans. Youre favorite khralena unit and why » Go to message
I agree. Also, with a wall of them with a couple infectors behind them, they heal at six. Pretty cool.
Also, Garuda's are basically flying Pinzers. They also have a repair rate of two and have a high defense with high attacks, even on Aerial units. The Garuda usually makes up a large part in a Khralean army (I mean, many could argue against that notion, but any Khralean player who has not seriously exploited the use of Garudas should try them in large packs to see their effectiveness) and are probably one of the best unit when considering it's only 350 credits.

I like to think that they are a Pinzer's best friend because they work well together, one taking the ground while the other takes the sky (and ground). Since they both repair at the same rate, which is high in Uniwar, they can just sit there and defend while repairing every turn.

If you have one Pinzer with two Garudas, you have a great team. It only costs 1150, which I suppose is expensive, but compared to teams of other races (A tank and two helicopters (which wouldn't happen because helicopters are superior) is 1400 or a Plasma tank and two Eclipses (It seems like a good team) is 1300). They can take down a lot of heavy equipment if used correctly.

There are countless little teams that work well with each other in all races. The engineer units are many times part of it, especially if their special abilities make the team more effective. I really like Khraleans for the repair rates of the two more powerful units and the underlings and for many other reasons.
They're called the Wyrm. There's a units section on the site that I just looked it up in.

They are pretty awesome. Their weakness is range, although since they can attack after moving, this pretty much cancels it out. They're the same price as Batteries. Because they have high attacks (and it's right up there with the Walker, save for one less against Aerial, so it's not weak at all) they are very deadly to anything. I see what you are saying, which is that Pinzers, although great for defense, are not really the best attackers even though they have high attacks (except against Aerial units), so they are mostly just used to sit there and repair themselves, or with an infector if you have a wall, until Wyrms can take down the enemy. Wyrms are more active, is what you are saying. They are doing something where the Pinzer is just sitting there. Good point.
Khraleans » Leviathan Rush: Why Khraleans have the best water unit » Go to message
Agreed. Also, I recognize that it is possible to say that Underlings are more powerful than Pinzers proportionally, but you still wouldn't replace them against heavy units (or something like that).

But here's how I see it:

You against an ant (which seems appropriate). Yeah, it's stronger proportionally, but you can still crush it after a few stomps once you've collapsed it's exoskeleton. But because the water units are all pretty close, you are able to compare them with more equality (probably not the best word here, so input one of your own), if that makes sense.
New Feature Request » Completely remove 3 min games / Add better filtering » Go to message
There IS a filter. Tap on the button that looks like waves and click something like 3D - 3M which is 3 days to 3 minutes, 3 days first, 3 minutes last. That's what all those option mean. For player points and time lengths.
New Feature Request » Self Destruct Unit? » Go to message
Also, it would give you a flank bonus. Sometimes it is worth it just to make a unit as cannon fodder and use it for the flank bonus.
New Feature Request » Seeing the map when joining a network game » Go to message
Usually there is an icon that looks like a magnifying glass in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. Also, the title of the game should be something similar to the map, and right below the title is which map the game is being played on.

Unless you are talking about something else?
New Feature Request » Transport Ships » Go to message
So... how do I contact kralux or the UniWar team?
New Feature Request » Full-game replays » Go to message
I agree.
General Discussion » iPhone app free for a day -- Bot ranks jump to 1600+ » Go to message
Yeah, I noticed something was slow about them. It used to take like ten seconds for them to go. Now it takes like a minute. I think they added a couple bots to lighten the load though. Seems they need more.
I have noticed in my days playing UniWar that there are a few units of every race that I refer to as "Hate units". These are units that, when playing against that species, you will loathe those units because of their unfair strengths.

For the Titans, I have decided that the Hate unit is definitely the Eclipse. If you aren't Titans you have flying units and this thing will make you go nuts. It has a range of two, so it guards a relatively small area, but is shreds aerial units like mozzarella. It's weakness is heavy units. Another Hate unit for Titans is the Plasma Tank, although I think it is overrated.

For the Sapiens, the Hate unit has got to be the Helicopter. This is one of the main reasons I played Sapiens (now I play Khraleans). The Helicopter is one of the best units in the game, can cause extreme amounts of damage, and, wait for it, can retreat after attacking, allowing it to get out of risky situations and perhaps let another unit attack in that spot. This unit can be countered by lots of Khralean aerial units or artillery.

For the Khraleans, since I play them most of the time, I don't really know which is the Hate unit. Based on what I play, I think it would most likely be the Pinzer. This unit is also one of the best in the game, with a huge defense and a high repair rate of two. Where most units are slowed down, this unit does very well in the desert. These tanks can hold choke points and are very difficult to destroy (I believe they are tougher than Plasma Tanks, to be quite honest, because of the repair rate). Their weakness is flying units.

Now, let's consider the strengths and weaknesses of these three Hate units. They actually counter each other. The helicopter, the Pinzer, and the Eclipse are like rock, paper, and scissors. Most people might think that the rock, paper scissors thing comes from the engineer units and their special abilities, but I believe that the RPS aspect comes from these three Hate units. Think about your past games. Did they revolve around these Hate units (you can include the Plasma Tank)? I would guess so.

BUT, that's just my modest opinion. Thoughts?
Khraleans » General Khralean Tips (Submit Your Own!) » Go to message
Here is an underling method of taking an isolated base:

Gather up at least five healthy buried underlings around a base behind enemy lines that has no troops on it or near it. Place them around it and when they are in position, resurface only one. The enemy will see the threat and get out a soldier (most likely a cheap unit) to defend against it. He WILL be able to detect the buried underlings around him, so he will probably undo and get out a heavy unit (sometimes they won't see the little number, bonus points). Resurface all your other underlings and attack the unit on the base, maximizing the flank bonus as much as possible. Then, using the underling you resurfaced to scare the enemy, capture the base. Then resurface all the other underlings that weren't used to put a ring around the capturing one to protect it from whatever.

This also does the enemy slight psychological damage as one of his bases behind the front lines is being taken. He will have to spend credits recapturing the base, drawing him away from the front line.

If they put out a plasma tank or something, you need all your underlings to take it down. Also, if they get out a flying unit, you cannot proceed with the plan. However, you still forced him to spend money getting out that flying unit, which is good for you. Simply bury your underling and move the rest to another base. Ultimately, this is not necessarily a plan to capture bases, although it is a bonus if you do. You want your enemy to spend credits defending from phantoms. Spread your underlings out and attack several bases at once, forcing him to strain himself.

In some cases, when he doesn't have enough to defend ALL the bases, he will completely abandon the front lines to recapture his bases, giving you a huge bonus and tilting the tide.
User Generated Maps » Lord of the Rings: Middle Earth [8 player] » Go to message
I really like this map. I'm eying the desert lands in the bottom right. Any race could create a very strong, reinforced choke point in that opening, and could build up and send out large raids and still be safe. Also, I like the idea of having maps that aren't symmetrical. Personally, I would like to see a map where there is one large player and three or so smaller players on one team working against him. Or perhaps (assuming my "transport ships" idea goes through) have one player on a small island with large income (Like 100 credits/base and he has 10 or so) and lots of naval bases. The other guy would have a very large island with 20 bases scattered everywhere. But the bigger guy would only have one naval base, straining his naval strength.

The smaller player would not have as much income, but would still have an advantage. Of course, this could result in a standoff of navy and ground artillery or something.
New Feature Request » Transport Ships » Go to message
I don't know if this was suggested before but...

I was thinking that it would make maps much cooler to have naval transport for ground units. You could have islands and still be able to win. Of course, there would have to be rules about the transports, like the units in them cannot attack or something. I think it would make for some interesting games. Thoughts?
Forum Index Profile for charnal »» Messages posted by charnal