[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: lion37
Forum Index Profile for lion37 »» Messages posted by lion37
General Discussion » Marauder vs. Swarmer » Go to message
Both units cost 250.
In my humble opinion, a Marauder is far better than a Swarmer.
Marauders have much stronger defense.
Both have simmilar attack stats.
And Marauders can move twice in each turn.

Yes, its true that Swarmers can shoot from a distance, but they only do meaningful damage to GroundLight units.
And Marauders kill ground light units as well.
In fact, a Marauder is the only unit in the game that can kill a ground light enemy in 1 turn.
In most cases, I think a Marauder would even be more usefull than a Garuda (which costs 350).

A Marauder is just all around much more usefull than a swarmer in my opinion.
I think that Marauders should cost 300 or maybe even 350 each.

Yes, I know that we should look at the entire army and not just compare unit to unit. But I also think that Heli's and Engineers are too powerfull and need to be toned down.

What do others think?

New Feature Request » UV blasts should hurt buried underlings » Go to message
I will respond to your silly post if you identify yourself.
Ok. Thats why I said it was "almost useless".
There are very few situation where I found it really hepled much at all.

Regardless, do other players agree or disagree that the game would be more interesting/ balanced/ fun/ exciting if UV blasts would also damage burried underlings?

General Discussion » Cheating in multi player games » Go to message
I no longer play free-for-all multi player games.
The problem is that they *almost always* end badly.

1) At some point alliances are formed and someone will accuse someone else of cheating. (I've been on both ends of this).
2) After alliances are formed, there comes a point where they must be canceled at which point one of the players will accuse the other player of having no honor and going back on his promise of an allaince.

Since multi-player games always lead to "teams", I find its much better to just play team games to begin with.

Hachiman,

I assure you I did not post that request just to change the balance in our current game.
Do you honestly think that I care so much about the outcome of 1 single game that I would ask for the entire game rules to be changed just for that??
It is very unlikely that the developer team would make this change fast enough to influence our current game in any case.

In my honest opinion, this change would make the game more fun, interesting, and balanced.

Bug Reports » Random attack factors are very annoying and dont work right » Go to message
Newuser - you are correct in your analysis.
The fundamental problem with the approach you describe is this:

Your iPhone will know in advance the result of each attack before you make it.
This means that a clever hacker can make his iPhone tell him these results in advance and can then use this to cheat.

Bug Reports » Random attack factors are very annoying and dont work right » Go to message
Rolando, any word on this?

I am 95% sure that I am right here and this seems to be a major bug that must be fixed.
As I have explained in previous posts, the best fix would be to just get rid of random factors all together.
I understand that having UV blasts expose all the underlings would be "cool". But I think it would also be all but useless.
You can tell fairly well where the underlings are right now by looking at the numbers on your units.

What I am saying is that if we want to make UV blasts even a little bit usefull, then they should damage buried underlings.

Also, they could do both.

New Feature Request » Disband unit » Go to message
I feel very strongly that you should not be able to disband your own units.
Part of the games strategy is using the opponents units to block his army.

But, the developers must add a way to get rid of the units of a team member that has been defeated or has surrendered.
New Feature Request » Buried underlings should not heal when under a heavy unit » Go to message
Buried underlings that are located under a heavy unit should not heal just because they dont move.
Right now, crush does 1 damage to buried underlings. But they can heal that 1 damage by simply not moving.
This makes crush damage all but useless.
We all know that the Titans UV blast is almost useless.
I suggest that it be slightly enhanced so that it also damages buried underlings.

While it would be very difficult to do, this creates the possibility for a titan player to clear an area of buried underlings by detonating 10 or more UV blasts in the same area at the same time.

Without this enhancement, UV will remain almost completely useless.
Frequently Asked Questions » How exactly does crushing burried underlings work » Go to message
Thanks Aepryus.

I have to say that UV blasts would be far more useful if they did damage burried underlings.
Also, I think the game should be changed so that the answers to most of my questions are yes.
Right now underling crush is practically useless since by not moving, the underling heals 1 point every turn.

Frequently Asked Questions » How exactly does crushing burried underlings work » Go to message
Can someone please explain in detail how exactly burried underlings get crushed when they are under a heavy unit.
1) Does crushing always do 1 damage? Does the heavy unit type make a difference?
2) Does the underling take damage when it moves under a burried unit?
3) Does the underling take damage when a heavy unit moves over it?
4) Does the underling take damage when it is under a heavy unit but niether the underling nor the heavy unit move?
5) Does the underling take damage when it is under a heavy unit. The heavy unit moves elsewhere and a second heavy unit moves over the underling?
6) Can enough crush damage kill an underling?
7) Any other cases I did not think of?
8- Does a UV blast damage buried underlings?
New Feature Request » REQ: Can we have a poll about skip turns? » Go to message
  rolando wrote:
Not to sound rude, but in terms of game play there is no difference between a player ending their turn making no movements (just auto repair) and a player getting skipped (which is no movement with auto-repair). The difference is psychological; the mistake was in the assumption. Personally I do not see it as unfair because I do not know whether that player purposefully waited for the time to run out in order to be skipped or if he/she was not available in time to take their turn.

There is a big difference between being skipped and just not moving. If you dont move but are still in the game, that means you are still defending your bases and will put up a fight. When a player is skipped, there is a 90% chance he is never coming back. Now there is a mad scramble by all the other players to take his bases. You have to scramble because if you dont and the other players get the bases from the skipped player, you will lose. So everyone scrambles.

rolando wrote:
I have been skipped before due to being late on a turn. A couple times I have been late, but the players were courteous enough to wait. Some players do have other priorities, like work, and can sometimes miss their turns, even if UniWar is conveniently available on their iPhones/iPods. Time is spent on thinking what moves to make and that can sometimes take more than a few minutes.

If a player is going to be late, all he has to do is write a short message: "sorry, need a few more hours to play my turn". I would never skip someone that wrote that and I dont think other players would either. But if someone writes nothing and just does not show up, yes, I will give him a few extra hours and then I will skip him every single time and he will no longer be welcome in my games.

rolando wrote:
The purpose of the Skip was in response to players having the problem with others abusing the Kick option.

When someone signs up for a game, they should play the game or they should surrender. Or at least ask for more time if they need it. The "abuse" here is from the players making everyone wait 24 hours just to go on playing a game that they just ruined.
New Feature Request » POLL- Skip, Kick or Both? » Go to message
in 90% of the cases the skipped player is not comming back.
The 10% of the cases where they do come back are usually the most annoying.
Not only have they already ruined the game for everyone and probavbly made sure their team will lose, but now we have to still play with them.
Also, in my experience, if they got skipped once, they will get skipped again.

You sign up for a game - you play your turn on time. Period. If you miss 1 single turn there is usually no point in going on.
Forum Index Profile for lion37 »» Messages posted by lion37