[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Kevor
Forum Index Profile for Kevor »» Messages posted by Kevor
New Feature Request » View the map/game/messages before responding to a peace offr » Go to message
I gotta agree with Gargoyle here -- too open to abuse. Should be unanimous for multi-player games.
I also agree with the need to see the map and comments before deciding to accept/reject peace. It is very annoying right now. I always reject, and then check the board, and send a chat message. (But most players don't seem to read them... or are not polite enough to respond to them...)

But there is sort of a special case for team games. In fact, I think I should make a separate post for this, but I'll mention it here:
I was just in a team game, where one member of the opposing team dropped out, leaving his teammate in the lurch. I rolled over the zombie units and took the bases of the missing player. I felt guilty about it, but the other guy never asked for peace (even after I mentioned via chat that maybe we should stop, since he no longer had a chance... once again, no reply... oh, well... we ate him up.) Anyway, maybe there needs to be some kind of system where majority would rule in such a case. I say that, but I am not 100% sure about how it should be implemented... comments?
New Feature Request » New Feature: Day and Night System » Go to message
Yes, I agree. I think it is a very cool idea. But you would definitely want to be able to start some games as 'standard', especially for newbies.
New Feature Request » confirmation after second move helicopters and speeders » Go to message
This one seems pretty obvious, but I thought I'd mention it since I did not see it in the earlier posts, and it was not addressed in the update (1.0.3). When you get a second move with helicopters, the game does not ask you if you want to 'stay'. This can be a problem if your finger slips and you hit the wrong spot. It has tripped me up a few times. I can no reason why this would affect game balance. Same goes for speeders. (Its not a problem with marauders, because it does offer you the choice, since you can also attack.) So, for units that can move (but not fire) after second move, it would be great to have a confirmation.
New Feature Request » Walker Unit: Range Toooo Long. » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: start playing titans, then you will get destroyed by better players using the other 2 races, then you will realise there is no advantage

Absolutely true! Against every unit, there is at least one strategy that works -- usually more than one. The walkers are cool, but they are also very delicate. They cannot fire after moving, and if your unit gets within 1 or 2 hexes, the walker can do nothing but run. I find with the Khral's that I can send in some buried underlings (cheap), and between them and some garudas and/or swarmers (relatively cheap), I can take them out pretty easily. The key is NEVER to let the titan build up his defenses first, like surrounding the walkers with other units, etc. Once they do that, it can get very tough...
New Feature Request » Limit Number of Random Games You Are Available to Play » Go to message
I fourth that! I keep making myself available and then immediately taking myself off because I get added to too many. Maybe some kind of limit you could set -- like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc games before the program has to ask you again if you want to make yourself available once more.
New Feature Request » See enemy unit that fires on you even if it is hidden by FOW » Go to message
That walker that just fired should be visible no matter what.

Actually, I believe that Rolando said just the opposite -- and I agree with him. If the walker is beyond any of your units' ranges of vision, then it should be invisible, even if one of your units gets hit by it. That is one of the advantages of having a unit with that long a range (and one of the disadvantages of having units with a short range of view.) So, if you saw it in the replay when you should not have, then that was the bug.
Guides & Tips » Requesting help for mission 14 » Go to message
Another thing to keep in mind when playing the Khraleans is to use the Bury feature. You can send a bunch of Underlings underground and over to surround an enemy base. Then pop them up when defenses are weak, overwhelm the defenders and capture the base next turn (cannot resurface and capture on the same turn).
Forum Index Profile for Kevor »» Messages posted by Kevor