[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: zalcore
Forum Index Profile for zalcore »» Messages posted by zalcore
General Discussion » Veterancy? » Go to message
I believe it's something to do with the unit killing x times its own cost. An Underling will always get rank 2 veterancy when it kills a walker. It also only effects the unit the finishes the enemy unit... Past that... I'm not sure.
General Discussion » List of Playable Maps » Go to message
This is just food for thought, but you can't balance maps if the races aren't completely balanced yet.
General Discussion » Solitary changes race!!! » Go to message
  nfong wrote: Good thing I totally demolished you in that game! I was going to show no mercy!

Shh, you cheated... somehow xD I'll figure out how at some point in time, but I'm too lazy... I CANNOT BE BEAT BY A MERE NFONG!
What's New in the Latest Updates » Uniwar Balance Change » Go to message
And against sapiens, that shouldn't happen, except for high resource maps like Thermoplya (The dreaded), but mass helicopter deals with it quite nicely.
Because it was bugging you, and I live to bug others xD Along with laughing at my self.
Guides & Tips » Tricks » Go to message
Just like the next update is supposed to be out soon... though they said that... maybe a month ago? Soon is going to be in over a month, it might be best to remove these glitches, atleast 2 and 3, I know that 1 is in the forums somewhere else.
Sorry for being a skeptic, but the fix won't be for awhile.
Bug Reports » Receiving Push Notification and I'm not in a game » Go to message
It could just be late... I get push notifications 5 m in after it becomes my turn, when I close uniwar the notifications sometimes popup, but only if I wasn't in the app when it became my turn... This is a rare occurance for me, but it's a possible explanation.
  nfong wrote: Sometimes you gotta flame if someone deserves it xD

Here Here! Amen to that! Bring out the flamethrowers, it's barbecue time!
Oh... you again... Great...

As I said before the marauder does not need a buff, I repeat, THE MARAUDER DOES NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED.
And swarmers being uncounterable? A helicopter can take out 2 swarmers, and weaken a third by itself for the same cost, Swarmers are there to counter Marines, which just got hit by the nerf-stick, Garudas were meant to counter Helicopters. Vice-versa for the Sapien units. If you give the marine an extra 3-4 armor (lol?) the swarmer will do 3 damage to it and none when the marine is on mountain terrain. It would be able to take 2 of any of the other infantry units by its self and could no longer be killed in 1 turn by the marauder. Wait, forget that, it would be as powerful as a speeder for 150 credits less, that is simply a terrible... terrible... terrible... awful... horrible idea. If you can't counter swarmers you're playing the game wrong.

'Nuff said
kthxbai
What's New in the Latest Updates » Balance Changes... And The Topic of BALANCING THE SAPIENS. » Go to message
I was thinking something along those lines, but every page in the address bar is the same (http://www.uniwar.com/forum.page)...
What's New in the Latest Updates » Balance Changes... And The Topic of BALANCING THE SAPIENS. » Go to message
And if anyone know how to make links to threads on this forum please tell me, I'm still a noob to forums... I would've put one in in that parenthesis if I knew how to...
Technical Support Questions » How to get the update for iphone? » Go to message
Such... a.... painfully... long.... time... We'll all be older by the time it is finally in the app store...
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.... that is the only way to respond to you saying that "the marauder is weak".
1: It is the only unit that can kill an infantry unit in 1 turn
2: It is the only unit that can heal and then attack or vice versa
3: It can move past the zone of control of most units
4: It can move farther than any other unit in the game in 1 turn
5: It fairs well against air units (2 damage to a helicopter)
6: I'm not sure on this, but I think it is effected by the gang-up bonus of its first attack.

Don't tell me the marauder is weak, it's probably the BEST unit that costs 250, you just don't know how to use it. Learn how to play the game before you QQ.

Armor lock, this idea could potentially work... and imbalance the game. The idea isn't a bad one, but there would be a lot of things that would have to be done so that it wouldn't be OP, things I don't think you'd like. The marine wouldn't be able to attack in this Armor Lock state. The enemy would be able to tell that Armor Lock had been activated. This would make it... useless... but otherwise it would be imbalanced, though from the looks of it, I think you want that.

If you think that TvS is balanced... not really, and helicopters against titans? No. Just... no. Not in mass. An Eclipse can take down multiple helicopters before it dies, their damage against Plasma Tanks isn't very good. The only use I can see for them is one or two to use their attack after move ability to get passed the plasma barricade to attack the Walkers. This would only work if they had no Eclipses, and even then, it would be all that effective. Again learn the mechanics of the game, what works, what doesn't.

And losing a battle between 25 Swarmers and 8 Destroyers, you have the higher move speed/vision so you should've attacked first, taking out (Weakening to 2 health) 8 Swarmers. It takes 6-7 Swarmers to kill a Destroyer 2 of which will be near death, so it would be 6 Destroyers vs 13 Swarmers. In the end you would win with 4-5 Destroyers left, all slightly weakened (7-10 health). I'm guessing you failed at attacking first and retreated after you were attacked the first time...

The current thread for the recent changes can be found here (Uniwar Forum> What's New in the Latest Updates > Uniwar Balance Change) where thoughts on a marine ability can be found, along with discussion on the marine nerf and further balancing.
General Discussion » Is there a -3 defense modifier when capturing bases? » Go to message
I can't say there were any for yours either xD But I'll change it becuase I'm nice.

I did do the tests, and a base stealing mecha/marine/underling is not effected by any defence reduction, it recieves the normal bonus from the base but nothing else.
Death ray... Not the right name...as I recall... Death rays "destroy" everything... I would go for something on the level of sound, it wouldnt hurt the robots, but anything with sound "ears" would get hit (Do khraleans have ears?). Something like Ultra Sonic... Piercing Sound... I'm someone will think of something good. They sound waves would continue underground and damage burrylings, possibly even amplify it to 2 damage(?). I also mentioned the UV not hitting burrylings to Kralux and got the same explanation as nfong.

Emp on the go: The only reason I mentioned this was because I remember somewhere on this forumn that it had been in the original release and had been removed. It would be imbalanced, though it may even out TvS. Or even turn the scales (Woot!).

Smash damage: I agree with the 2 smash damage for heavy units, or it could alternate between 1 and 2. Burrylinhs should be killable... In their current state only marauders can do so, and the cost difference isn't worth it (100 vs 500). Giving 1 smash damage to light units would make them too easy to kill/weaken, nor would it make sense. Another on the topic of burrylings... This may not be important, but they should only get bonuses while an infector is on top of the burried underling. Again, it would make more sense (you have to be in contact to get the bonus.

Buffing the Sapien tank as suggested would make it as powerful as a Pinzer for cheaper, the price would have to be equalized. The sapien tank was created wothout AA because the other Sapien units make up for it. I'd rather have the engineer buffed than the tank, seeing as that's what's keeping it from kiling plasmas in the first place.

2 range Plague: I'm all for this, plague is way too under used, though the on the go aspect might need to be removed making it too similar to the Engineer's EMP. I think the devs were striving for all the races to have units that were completely different.

Any thought on my Armor Piercing Bullet idea? I forgot to finish the post untill now.

Last thing, the marine was nerfed, but the infected marine wasn't. The converted units have been known to be stronger but with the infector speed buff this might become too much of a hazard for the helicopters...
Forum Index Profile for zalcore »» Messages posted by zalcore