[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: youownme
Forum Index Profile for youownme »» Messages posted by youownme
Sapiens » Cant beat em, Join them » Go to message
Khraleans can sometimes counter this strategy, invite and I will show you. I suggest playing a wide variety of games so that you are actually good. Play players with higher ratings then you, you will learn from your losses, not easy wins. So I'd say sure, go for the Jungle thing if you just want points, but otherwise if you want to enjoy the game.
New Feature Request » Our Balancing Salvation! » Go to message
Alemolghi, yes I understand your concerns. Repeated plague like that would be very powerful and I have suggested a cooldown. I was thinking nine turns. Problem with many balancing options however is that they may require a new version of the game, then all old versions would have to be abandoned. In regards to multiple infection, I agree with you it is too powerful.

Anytime anyone would like to discuss 1 v 1 feel free to invite me.
General Discussion » My opinion on balancing. » Go to message
First of all, this post is from February. Second, all three races need balancing. Third, there a quite a few players in top 50 who do not deserve their rank. Fourth of all, I am not whining, just trying my best to reach balance in this game. Fifth, titans are not necessarily unbalanced, just a lot harder to play. I know that is a lot of things but I hope that is not too much for you.

If you'd like a demonstration, invite me.
Alright, after some reconsideration here is what I am proposing: sap tank defense +1 (maybe), battery to 650 move after 1 tile, multiple infections, plague range 2, UV on buried and speeder move after landing on buried underling.

This doesn't address the disadvantage titans have when there is some water/terrain in the map, such as in Tactical Strike, but perhaps that is for another time.
Bleeding and unable to heal sound better than a reduced bonus when you have more buried units than other units?

The comparison would start and the beginning of the turn of course, and not change halfway through.
I think more than UV is needed. I am basing this off of my experinces against talone. He spam underlings all under my units, then killed my plasma tank by using 1 underling, and two wyrms that were previously out of range of my walker. After he killed my plasma, he proceeded to rape my walkers and assimilators. With UV, he could have just waited till his units healed, and then proceeded anyway. Unless I had ten assimilators I guess. But that is 2000 credits of a unit that can't attack. Enough for two pinzers and two wyrms. Or 20 lings. Maybe if speeders could move after landing on an underling I would be okay with that.

Remember in our first match dan? Where underlings and swarmers totally destroyed eclipses in forest. Titans really couldn't compete. Underlings would still have increased attack, and swarmers would still have way more mobility for gangup opportunities. I don't think it would be overpowered, khral would just have to be a bit more cautious. And for 2 repair, by the time eclipses are in forest they are already dead, and I am against +1 heavy because of the effectiveness versus sapiens.

As for plasmas, I think the 6 mobility is essential for saps.
Tournaments » dan1's tourney number 2 » Go to message
Wrong thread buddy
If you read my post, it was one of the changes I was wary about. And no, one defense will not make it a plasma tank. Even ismael said sap tanks needed something. Maybe he'll change his mind after battery buff.

And I find uniwar to be fun.
Our balancing Salvation

So over the past few months I have been trying to come up with a solution for the balancing of this game. It is hard, we have to be careful with the changes we make, and we need to try and maintain the diversity of the races. So after pondering many ideas and talking to some good players, (talking individually with some and creating free for alls with others where we discuss, which I believe is how the leviathin air buff was put in effect) I have come up with a list of changes that will lessen the advantages the races have over each other, which I will list below. After I have listed those, I will will list each of the changes of each race, and the pros and cons of each change.

Same race matches are balanced.

Sapiens versus Khraleans:

Those pesky marines.

Sapiens versus Titans:

Walkers and plasmas. Walkers tear batteries apart, and plasmas are very hard to kill without batteries or engineers, which walkers are very good at destroying.

Khraleans versus Titans:

Underlings and Swarmers. Buried underlings are great for killing walkers, eclipses, and assimilators. They also provide great gangup opportunities. A spam of burylings when used properly is very deadly. Also, titan units are very slow moving. In terrain they are even slower. Khral swarmers can fly over these no problem, and any eclipse, which is the usual counter to swarmers, suffers greatly from terrain disadvantages. Mechas also have good aerial, but they move too slow for underlings and swarmers.

Proposed solutions:

Khraleans:

*Allow infector to infect as many marines as are in a one tile radius. This will provide more protection and get rid of more of those marines. A possible downfall is the effectiveness on close maps, such as powerplay. Keep in mind batteries, marauders and helis can one-shot infectors.

*Plague range of 2 with cooldown. This will help limit the ability of sapiens to pull back and repair. Also get them to spend some credits on engineers. A possible downfall is the ability to sit behind pinzers and plague.

Sapiens:

*Battery cost increase to 650, and a move AFTER attack of one tile. This will allow batteries to dip in and out of walker range after attacking plasma tanks. It will also get batteries off of being stuck on bases. It will allow batteries to have five tiles of attack/movement like the other two artillery. A possible downfall is the effectiveness against sapiens. I think the increased cost, and the cheapness of khraleans will help counter this. Batteries still wouldn't have a range of 2, so burylings and swarmers would be very effective.

*Sap tank defense increased by 1. This may not be necessary after battery change, but sapien tanks are destroyed pretty easily. Helis can easily hit them for 3 damage, and I think maybe even 4,which I was suprised when first played sap versus sap. Also, titans can tear the tanks to shreds with gangup. Possible cons, 1 defense is more a drastic change than anticipated, and Talone might have to change his sap vs sap strategy a little

Titans:

*Eclipse has -1 attack only in marsh, and -1 defense only in forest. This will help it compete more with swarmers. Possible cons, khraleans have to play a little harder.

*I know this should have went in the khraleans section, but I wanted it here. One of the greatest enemies to titans is underling spam. So I am suggesting this. If a khral player has more buried units than other units on the map, their bury bonus is reduced by 1, so they do less damage and can't one hit assimilators. You will have to be a little more careful with burying your units! Possible cons, I can't really think of many.

Looking forward to hearing your guys' thoughts! Kralux says he will look at this thread when it comes to some sort of a conclusion. We already got the leviathin air buff through, so there is hope. Also, since this is my thread I will be replying a lot to people's responses. Thanks guys!
Ha! I was going to say the same thing sims. I got the same impression when I talked with him about balancing. Doesn't want to have to change his strategies.
General Discussion » Sapiens vs Titans vs Khrals » Go to message
Hey guys. From my experience this is what I find to be true. Sapiens beat khral in most air and land battles, but khral can cut it close with proper gangup knowledge. Sapiens beat titans in close maps, but titans own sapiens in bigger ones. Titans generally have a disadvantage against khraleans, but when there isn't as much terrain for swarmers to cripple eclipses and other slow moving units with, and walker positioning is protectable, it can be a pretty close game. As for naval battles, I'd say titans are the worst off, and khraleans and sapiens can be a close battle as well, although sometimes khral pulls through because of how many more units they have.

If I left anything out, let me know.
Frequently Asked Questions » Puzzling Scoring » Go to message
First of all custom games earn you half as many points as random. Next, the more you beat someone, the less points you will get. This was done to help prevent cheating. Slows down account boosting tremendously. Hope this helped.
Sapiens » Sapien Help » Go to message
I'm trying my best to get something done about this.

I have been considering increasing battery cost to 650 and introducing a MOVE after ATTACK of one tile, or a mobility of 5.

Also considering sap tank defense increased one.

Not sure if battery change would eliminate the need for the tank, some testing would have to be done.
New Feature Request » Advanced Teamplay » Go to message
The other player could just surrender and would essentially be a 2v1.
Guides & Tips » Gangup bonus » Go to message
Really dislike that pesky +3 two tiles behind the attacker. Was basically made for a buryling and wyrm...
Forum Index Profile for youownme »» Messages posted by youownme