[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Toss
Forum Index Profile for Toss »» Messages posted by Toss
New Feature Request » Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution » Go to message
@Up: Sorry m8 but symbian is a dead system and I highly doubt it, that someone will make a port to dead systems - even Nokia had announced that they will stop working on symbian.
EDIT: Sorry - didn't knew that UniWar is also available on symbian.

@Topic:
Idea - Upgrade stations

In the campaign the player could see the healing stations on some maps. What about making the upgrade stations on the map? The upgrade stations would have the ability to upgrade players units (present and future) with different abilities. Simplest example is + weapon damage and + armor upgrade. Each upgrade would have different time to finish: the more advanced ability - the more turns the station should be under players control.
The point in this is to make game more unique - the same units (on the opposite side) could be a bit different.

One example of ability - I saw that someone in another topic had written about special ability of infantry to make better attack vs heavy. There could be an upgrade of Sapiens engineer to give him ability to attack with bazooka at his healing ability cost - this upgrade would affect only engineer marked by us, not all of them. But some upgrades would affect every unit type.
New Feature Request » Couple of tweaks maby. » Go to message
Wow, to be honest I didin't thought about Uni like a game of chess. I was a really heavy sc player and I was caparisoning the Uni to SC, the well known strategies were collapsing here and thats why I were looking for reasons of that. But if comprise the Uni to chess.. well that makes sense, I need to know more counters in this universe and forgot about sc around here.

Thanks Cpt for Your tips and everyones replies, I have to remember those tips and rethink about game mechanics.

Cheers!
Sure You wont win without expanding, but think of it - the infantry is used mainly to that and nothing else. When I was attacking the Titans' plasma tank with couple of my ants (burrowed) - the tank was on gravel, most of my ants also. After 3 or 4 attacks in the same round the tank did major damage to every ant and the tank had received 0 dmg from all attacks. Now I know I need more heavy units to fight them, but still - this is a bit imbalanced because this mechanics makes the game more like the panzer general than strategy game in which every unit counts.

Really - the tanks should have less power vs light to make people buy units made to destroy infantry - like titans speedster or human buggy (I don't remember the name ).

Cheers, Toss.
I saw that thread, but I'm talking about game mechanics, not only units. I know that I'm a new UniW. gamer, but I really don't like the heavy units attacks. In most of the games I'd played the ppl are going str8 into tanks - bypassing the infantry units, simply because the tanks have gr8 firepower vs light. The light units should have do little damage do tanks, but tanks should do little damage to them as well. Simply because the 'mid' anti-infantry units are useless at the moment.
First of all, I wanted to say hello and thank you! I'm thanking because I didin't saw better android game ever - prob. because I'm such a great sc-bw and sc2 fan, and we don't need to play dumb - the UniW. takes everything best from that great pc games and makes it to work into turn based game - congratz! I'm a really oldschool gamer, and only this one is perfect, but some improvements would be nice.

Lets start with races - I think that every one of them should have something special, they should focus on something else and thier play-style should be diffrent. The Spaiens should have the ability of ranged combat, begining with marine till destro.

Simple example - just one, because I don't know if someone will read this anyway.
Marine should have 2 range, have one point power vs light less, should be a bit slower to compromise the range upgrade and shouldn't have repair ability. To be honest - any unit should not have it: only engineer would be able to heal / repair his allies.
I cant say anything about Titans, because I had never liked the hi tech races - but they should be the most expensive, but their units should be stronger than same tier unit of other races.
The KHRALEANS (I just had to paste it ) are quite ok, but if their unist in most cases are melee, so they should have a unit, that have an ability to 'fog' the area - so other units wont be able to attack at long range. Ofc only if the Humans would have the range ability of every one military unit. Since the KHRALEANS' units in most cases are weaker than units form other races, they should had the regeneration ability - 1 hp regen. per turn but no repair at all. The high tier units should be a bit cheaper, so they could mass more easly.

Thats all for now, sorry if someone will be mad after reading this - i just love this game and I would do anything to make it more attractive for people.

PS. Hope You'll understand me - my english have become a bit rusty, but I'll polish it.

Cheers, Toss.
Forum Index Profile for Toss »» Messages posted by Toss