[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Vogon Jeltz
Forum Index Profile for Vogon Jeltz »» Messages posted by Vogon Jeltz
New Feature Request » Our Balancing Salvation! » Go to message
Hi,

I think I have completely new idea for balancing. I would call it automated maps balancing. For every setup on any map special factor would be calculated based on statistics of games played with that setup. Credits earned by weaker side would by multiplied by this factor. For example if saps would win most of games with titans in certain setup, there titans would get slightly more credits at start and for every base e.g. 105 instead of 100. After every game this factor would be modified.

Above would be applied only to random matches. Matches with greater score should weight more in statistics.

I think balancing by modifying units is good but cannot overcome map diversity. I like that races are so different and every has its flavor. Loosing that in order to have balance, would be a shame. But of course units should be balanced for 'average map'. Idea of counting statics could help with it.

Idea of mirror matches is also very good. What I don't like in it, is:
- a bit complicated
- you have to hurry
- it slightly changes strategy (specially on unbalanced maps). If there is possibility to fight for some unclaimed bases or to delay capture of bases, it's better to capture them fast in order to have faster game (unless you plan to lose). Sometimes you need to risk more in order to win faster. One who has more luck wins.
Anyway, I would be happy if there was special ranking only for mirrors.

But I'd like to know, what do you think about automated maps balancing?
Forum Index Profile for Vogon Jeltz »» Messages posted by Vogon Jeltz