[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: MasterYoda
Forum Index Profile for MasterYoda »» Messages posted by MasterYoda
User Generated Maps » Conquer the world - Diplomacy playlist » Go to message
Aqua Race
This race worships H2O! Without water we are nothing. We prefer to live on the edges on lands. We pray to the sea's to wash away our troubles and drown our enemies. We are an honest race. Who has a high respect for trade agreements. Everything we do is for our own personal gain. Our deals will appear appealing (which they will be) but not for the betterment of others but for ourselves. Preferably Titans. Second choice sapiens lastly khral. A MasterYoda Race Description
General Discussion » Voting After Game Is Played » Go to message
I like to think of myself as a map maker, making maps for me personally makes this game I take pride, spending many days or weeks staring at a map I'm making, making it very balanced, I test my maps with fellow players and eventually get it to a ranked stage. WOOHOOO! All that hard work paid off right?? NO!! getting it ranked is the easy part, now you sit and watch as thousands of people play your map, any positive votes? A few maybe. Any negative votes? Yes many of those, these negative votes pop up for two reasons, either the map really was terrible OR the usual reason, they lost and that's enough to rate down, unfortunately players will usually delete the game afterwards, not giving a second though to a thumbs up when the map was clearly made well. This becomes a big problem in my opinion, all the hard work people put into building a map, just to have sour people rare the map down after loosing. This needs to change, I beleive that if after a game there were three manditory options in order to leave/delete a finished game. 1. Vote Positive 2. Vote Negative 3. Vote Neutral. This way we can ensure that votes are being done, otherwise all the well balanced fresh maps will get a chance. All the old established maps, sometimes are not even well balanced, due to all the changes of units etc. Let's change this!
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.29 Submitted to all AppStores » Go to message
I like the changes was the bug for multilayer maps only registering 1 vote fixed?
Bug Reports » Voting in maps » Go to message
Voting simply does not work ... I vote on a map and no votes register .... there are no reasons the votes should not register ... must be a annoying bug ... playing so many maps yet no votes register ... we need all advanced clear guide lines for voting on maps ...
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » How to post ranked maps that should be made unranked » Go to message
All built in games should be deranked
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » Map Votes Not Registering » Go to message
You mentioned about certain units having 10 attack and that infector had 8 defense plus 2 for terrain ect ... does this work with all units? I've never been able to understand the importance of a unit having 9 10 or 11 attack on any unit ... and how defense of a unit makes a difference... like if I have 10 defence and I'm foot soldiers and a ship has 8 unit attack will I most likely loose 8 health? Would like to see a video on that for sure
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » Map Votes Not Registering » Go to message
Legia very interesting I learned a lot from the video. And I think I understand the attack defence points too now... a more specific video on attack and defense understanding would be very interesting
Hey Dunanski I'm happy to put down some of my starting votes here ... for example packing Heat map has 19 votes and master six I beleive has 36 ... I also check days later to see if there's any lag but when votes do register they always happen immediately
What are all the requirements for votes counting when rating maps? Sometimes my votes count and sometimes they don't. I've seen this happen many times over the year and I would just like to know all the specifics on votes registering, it seems most people don't actually have an answer for this, I understand that if you play same scenario over again it won't register but if it's a newly tested map then there's no reason that I know of for votes not to register. Map is.woth all human players. Games are played for atleast a 10 rounds ... what's the cause? Error?
New Feature Request » New map system » Go to message
I think forcing players to give feed back is a good thing ... even if they vote neither good or bad (have a neutral vote) for those who don't want to vote for example atleast this will make sure that feedback isn't being forgotten
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform - Part 4 » Go to message
If you were to put up the percentage of positive ratings for ranked games, I highly suggest you make rating games the final action before ending a game off your game list. Players typically only vote negatively and players who like the map don't bother giving positive feedback ... and it's unfair for many reasons... one being the older maps in the game are already very far ahead on votes ... I think ALL old ranked maps should be set to a few ratings upto 90% and watch them all become deranked also ... I make very good balanced maps but they rarely survive the voting process because of this issue with players only giving negative feedback back and like I said when they like a map they don't bother voting at all
New Feature Request » Improving the quality of user-generated maps » Go to message
It's true I have not made any maps since I can loose map tokens ... I'm too cheap haha
General Discussion » Is there something I don't know about attack formula ? » Go to message
That actually confused me more than you know. So should I randomly attack with weaker units till I find a high attack sequence then use high hp unit? Ughhhh
General Discussion » only paid undo will work soon » Go to message
I know I'm not a veteran of uni war but I personally think stopping free undo will make me feel like I've paid to win, I'm ok with players using free undo because I feel they have same ability as myself. Free undo also takes time to do so that's what I was happy to pay for, if you take free undo away from players, new players will quit before giving game a real chance. I'll also feel as though I won because I can do something my opponent can't, I'll never be proud of my victories
General Discussion » Field of view update delay » Go to message
Interesting idea but what if you land ontop of an enemy?
Forum Index Profile for MasterYoda »» Messages posted by MasterYoda