[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Michaelrn
Forum Index Profile for Michaelrn »» Messages posted by Michaelrn
New Feature Request » Blaster balance? » Go to message
I still haven't played too many games with the new units, but here are my thoughts about them:

Guardian: It is very strong. I see people complaining about the inability to repair but I think that first we need to worry about how powerful it is. I'm not sure if there is a good reason to build a tank class unit against Titans because guardian is cheaper, has more mobility, devastate them and still has a good attack against other units. I also find it a bit weird that Titans, the most defensive and slow race, has the most mobile and aggressive blaster unit. I think that at least a slight nerf in the attack power will be welcome.

Bopper: I played only one game with the updated version with attack after move (AAM) and the game was against bot, so my opinion here may not be much reliable. Bopper is much more useful now because of AAM and now it can threat up to 5 hexes away, enough to dive into walker’s range and attack a plasma in the same turn. It is easier to protect bopper than protect the guardian because it attacks from greater distance. Overall it seems a to be a very interesting unit.

Borfly: It seems to be the weaker unit, with very situational utility. It is too easy to avoid its attack: marauders and speeders can hit a unit that is defending the borfly and run away from its range (or they can just hit the borfly); a walker or speeder backing up a plasma can keep the borfly away; tank isn't supposed to be used against Khraleans and pinzer is rarely used in KvK so there is no need to worry about the usefulness against them. It's lack of mobility doesn't seem to fit well in the style of play of Khraleans. If we add AAM to it and keep the attack range then it can make swarmer obsolete in most cases, so a different solution could be found.

I think that would be interesting if guardian and bopper had their mobility and attack range exchanged with each other; this way the guardian would fit better in the overall idea of the Titans race.
About the borfly, I have an idea that may sounds crazy: give it 4 hexes mobility and attack range 1 (threat range of 5 hexes just like the 2 other blaster units). This way it would turn into a very unique unit. It would almost always dive into certain death to attack but, being so cheap, could be disposed to finish a weakened and more expensive unit or to gang up on a plasma. The increased threat range would help it to have more utility.
Guides & Tips » Guide to game’s mechanisms and other useful information » Go to message
SUPPORT UNITS

There are some important facts concerning the abilities of the support units (infector, engineer and assimilator).

-It is not possible to convert a unit that is capturing a base.

-It is possible to convert allied units in team game.

-Support units, in team game, cannot help allied units to repair faster, even if they are both from the same race.

-Engineer’s EMP doesn’t interrupt the capture process of a Titans unit.
Guides & Tips » Guide to game’s mechanisms and other useful information » Go to message
UNDO TURN

There are many reasons to undo a turn. It can be used, for example, to correct a move made by accident or because you realized you could have played better.

Besides the most evident uses for the undo turn, it has other two main utilities:

1 - It can be used to scout the map with safety. For example: you can kill a unit, leaving your own units exposed to a heavy counterattack, just to allow your marauder to advance and see farther, and then you undo the turn.

2 - Find a damage sequence that better suits you. To understand this part, you must have learned the basics of how the damage is determined (explained in the “damage formula” topic). A string of random numbers is generated at the beginning of every new turn. That string will remain the same even if you undo the turn. Every time an attack occurs, a certain amount of numbers of the string will be used; these random numbers are used in order, from the first to the last. So if you change the order of attacks you can change the damage of an attack because you'll be using a different part of the string for that attack. If the defender unit can counterattack, it will use numbers of the string too (the defender use the numbers immediately posterior to the ones used by the attacker).

There are two different ways to undo a turn:

1- You can buy undo turn tokens or buy the unlimited undo turn in the game shop.

2- You can delete the game data to undo turn (beware, you can lose you progress in the map editor). You have a few options to do this: you can delete the game data on the app manager; you can uninstall/install Uniwar; You can create a second game account and then whenever you log in in one account you undo the turns of the other account.

SPECIAL MOBILITIES

Some units can have a mobility different from their basic mobilities, e.g. units who can move after attack or move underground. You can find below the value of those special mobilities:

Mobility after attack:
-Battery: 7
-Borfly: 6
-Helicopter: 6
-Wyrm: 5
-Speeder: 6

Mobility underground:
-Underling: 7

Mobility underwater:
-Kraken: 9
-Skimmer: 10
-Submarine: 7
(Portuguese version/versão em português: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2788.page )

There is a lot of knowledge about Uniwar not directly related to the strategic part of the game but that is important because it concerns practical aspects, as well as providing the bases that allow you to better develop your strategies.

Most of the veteran players should know about all this information but beginners may take time to discover it. It can be found in the forum but it is all scattered and may be hard to find it all. So I created this topic with the objective to gather here all this useful information.

GANG UP BONUS

The information about gang up in the campaign mode of the game is not a 100% accurate.

If you attacked from distance, the following attack will receive +1 gang up.

If you attacked adjacent to the defender, the positioning of both this last attack and of the next attack will determine the bonus received. Use the image below to discover the bonus:

DAMAGE FORMULA

For those who want to know how the damage is determined, it is explained in this topic: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/1354.page
(The damage formula has been updated and now every hp of the attacker / defender generates 12 random numbers instead of 6)

If you don't want to spend your time understanding the damage formula, just keep in mind the following (this information will be used later): The damage is determined by a string of random numbers generated between 0 and 1 (think on them as dice rolls). The relation between the attack of the attacker and the defense of the defender will determine the likelihood of these random numbers to become “hits”. The more the hits occur, the greater will be the damage caused. The more health points the attacker has, the more random numbers it will use (so it can get more hits and consequently inflict more damage).

DAMAGE CALCULATOR

Maybe you are not willing to calculate damage by yourself. Fortunately there are nice players who already did all the hard work creating incredibly useful calculators.

Here are an online calculator in 2 different versions that can be used in the browser:
https://unicalc.github.io/web/desktop
https://unicalc.github.io/web/

There are also calculator app in Google play
Guides & Tips » Guia para os mecanismos do jogo e outras informações úteis » Go to message
UNIDADES DE SUPORTE

Há alguns fatos importantes envolvendo as habilidades das unidades de suporte (infector, engineer e assimilator):

-Não é possível converter uma unidade que esteja capturando uma base.

-É possível converter uma unidade aliada em jogo de equipe.

-Unidades de suporte, em jogo de equipe, não podem ajudar unidades aliadas a se repararem mais rapidamente, mesmo que ambas sejam da mesma raça.

-O PEM (EMP em inglês) do engineer não interrompe o processo de captura de uma unidade Titans.
Guides & Tips » Guia para os mecanismos do jogo e outras informações úteis » Go to message
DESFAZER TURNO (UNDO TURN)

Há muitas razões para desfazer um turno. Isso pode ser usado, por exemplo, para corrigir um movimento feito por acidente ou porque você percebeu que poderia ter jogado melhor.

Além dos usos mais evidentes de desfazer o turno, ele tem outras duas utilidades principais:

1 - Ele pode ser usado para patrulhar o mapa com segurança. Por exemplo: você pode matar uma unidade, deixando suas próprias unidades expostas a um severo contra ataque, apenas para permitir que seu marauder avance e veja mais adiante, e então você desfaz o turno.

2 - Encontrar uma sequência de dano que lhe seja mais favorável. Para entender essa parte, você precisa ter aprendido o básico sobre como o dano é determinado (explicado no tópico “fórmula de dano”). Uma cadeia de números aleatórios é gerada no início de cada novo turno. Essa cadeia permanecerá inalterada mesmo que você desfaça o turno. Sempre que um ataque ocorre, uma certa quantidade de números da cadeia será usada; estes números aleatórios são usados em ordem, do primeiro para o último. Então se você mudar a ordem dos ataques você pode mudar o dano de um ataque porque você estará usando uma diferente parte da cadeia para aquele ataque. Se a unidade defensora pode contra-atacar, ela usará números da cadeia também (o defensor usa os números imediatamente posteriores aos usado pelo atacante).

Há dois modos diferentes para desfazer um turno:

1- Você pode comprar fichas para desfazer turno ou comprar o desfazer turno infinito na loja do jogo.

2- Você pode apagar os dados do jogo para desfazer o turno (atenção, você pode perder seus progressos no editor de mapa). Para isso você conta com algumas opções: apagar os dados no gerenciador de aplicativos; desinstalar e instalar novamente Uniwar; criar uma segunda conta no jogo e então sempre que você logar em uma conta você desfará os turnos da sua outra conta.

MOBILIDADES ESPECIAIS

Algumas unidades podem ter uma mobilidade diferente de suas mobilidades básicas, p. ex. unidades que podem mover-se após atacar ou mover-se enterradas. Abaixo você encontra o valor dessas mobilidades especiais:

Mobilidade após atacar:
-Battery: 7
-Borfly: 6
-Helicopter: 6
-Wyrm: 5
-Speeder: 6

Mobilidade em baixo da terra:
-Underling: 7

Mobilidade em baixo da água:
-Kraken: 9
-Skimmer: 10
-Submarino: 7
Fico feliz por poder apresentar este pequeno guia, sendo o primeiro feito em português aqui neste fórum! Espero, com isso, poder ajudar os jogadores novos que falam a nossa língua.

Há muitos conhecimentos acerca de Uniwar que não estão diretamente relacionados com a parte estratégica do jogo mas que são importantes porque concernem aspectos práticos, além de fornecerem bases que lhe permitem melhor desenvolver suas estratégias.

A maioria dos jogadores veteranos devem conhecer essas informações mas os iniciantes podem levar tempo até descobri-las. Elas podem ser encontradas no fórum mas estão todas dispersas e pode ser difícil achá-las (além delas estarem em inglês). Então criei esse tópico com o objetivo de reuni-las todas aqui.

BONUS DE GANG UP

As informações sobre Gang up no modo campanha do jogo não estão 100% corretas.

Se você atacou à distância, o ataque seguinte receberá +1 gang up.

Se você atacou adjacente ao defensor, o posicionamento deste último ataque e do ataque seguinte determinarão o bônus a ser recebido. Use a imagem abaixo para descobrir o bônus:

FÓRMULA DE DANO

Para aqueles que querem saber como o dano é calculado, isso é explicado nesse tópico: http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/1354.page
(A fórmula de dano foi atualizada e agora cada hp da unidade atacante / defensora gera 12 números aleatórios em vez de 6)

Se você não quer gastar seu tempo entendendo a fórmula de dano, tenha em mente apenas o seguinte (essa informação será usada mais tarde): O dano é determinado por uma cadeia de números aleatórios gerados entre 0 e 1 (pense como se fossem rolagem de dados). A relação entre o ataque do atacante e a defesa do defensor determinará a probabilidade desses números aleatórios de se tornarem “acertos”. Quanto mais acertos ocorrerem, maior será o dano causado. Quanto mais pontos de vida o atacante tiver, mais números aleatórios ele usará (então ele pode ter mais acertos e consequentemente causar mais dano).

CALCULADORA DE DANO

Talvez você não queira calcular o dano por você mesmo. Por sorte há jogadores legais que já fizeram todo o trabalho difícil criando calculadoras muito úteis.

Há uma calculadora online em 2 versões diferentes que pode ser usada no navegador:
https://unicalc.github.io/web/desktop
https://unicalc.github.io/web/

Também há aplicativos de calculadoras no Google play.
General Discussion » Pay to win? Uniwars new business model » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:What do you think?

Instead of when only 1/2 players has the units, instead of both getting to use units, neither do?

I feel like part of the sticking point for the devs may have been: not wanting the content to basically be given out for free by being able to piggyback other players ...

Or maybe it would be good to have these units not be usable in unranked / custom games... so there's that making people want to buy the units?

And maybe also don't allow to use units not purchased in unranked games, as you suggested. It will not affect the rank, so it's not so unfair anyway
I don't like the idea that a player isn't allowed to use a unit that he/she have purchased.

What about that first suggestion (both players using units even if one have not purchased) improved a little? Players that have purchased new units have priority to be matched among themselves in random games.
  Duaneski wrote:Yeah we had a big discussion thread about this a while back, a lot of the same things being said.

I was also in favor of an 'expansion' mode or something where players can only use units if the other player has them.

I think maybe to encourage players to buy the units it might make sense:

- when a game is started where only 1/2 players has the units, initiate a random event and only 50% of the time allow the new units to be used. This way not every game has the new units, so people who want to play with them more must still buy them instead of just planning on getting matched against people buying them. (To clarify: half the time both players can use the units. Half the time, neither can)

- as a community, I hope that regardless of something like this being formally implemented, that people wouldn't use the new units in games where their opponents don't have them... and hopefully people wouldn't lie hah. But that's my plan until if / when something is formally put in place to keep that balance: -ask at the start: do you have new units? If not I won't use mine. I think this could become a part of Uniwar etiquette.

I'm glad you guys are passionate, but at the end of the day every discussion regarding this content needs to be framed in this question: is the way you're proposing things to be done financially viable for this game? Try to be realistic, and keep in mind that Xavi doesn't want to lose one player, AND NO ONE wants pay to win OR for someone to have to decide between a basic need and a Uniwar unit.

But the game needs to make money somehow!

You've got a point, the developers really need to make money, I also don't expect they work for free.

But, at least in my opinion, a pay to win feature like that can ward off players (potential supporters). There are many games that are pay to win, but one of the major aspects of Uniwar is that it isn't (at least yet). If this is one major aspect of Uniwar, then I think this is one of the reason that people who play uniwar chose to play it.

I also think that most of the players, if they really like the game, will eventually buy the units to have a greater gaming experience.

But this is just my opinion so I may be wrong. All I hope is that Uniwar keeps getting better and having an ever growing community and that the players support it.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.65, 1.9.74 Maintenance releases » Go to message
Thank you, Xavi, for allowing us to test the map on the map editor, that's great! Just one little suggestion: to have an option to play with itself to test the map.
I love Uniwar and I'm really excited with the new tiles and the upcoming new units (although they are still too powerful and unbalanced with their current status).

I gladly pay for new units, in fact I have already bought them on the pre-purchase. BUT I don't want to play against someone who doesn’t have them and get and unfair advantage against him/her. In that case I would just abstain myself from using those units to keep a fair play (but I would be sad because I would not be using the units).

I support the idea to allow new units to be used in a game as long as any of the players have bought them. I would prefer a thousand times to play against someone who have access to the same units that I have; I don't care if he/she have paid for them or not, I like to play in conditions of equality. I believe most of the people here think the same way.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:There will have a period to test and balance the new units before they are officially released?

It seems to me that they are too powerful with the current status.

well, since they're ground light and only have 2 defense, zerg spam (your basic soldiers), anti infantry units (such as helicopters and fast units like marauder), or artillery will demolish them no matter what while being able to be worth the kill. Having paper defense would make sense as it forces you to be careful about your surroundings. their slow speed is pretty balanced as well they'd be much more used as defense and hard counters to tanks as speed can and will catch them off guard in a matter of secobds.

But my point is that they are very cheap for all the huge status. Let's use the bopper for an example: he alone attacking (from distance) a plasma will cause about 5 damage (both standing on plains). If after that a speeder comes and hit bopper, both will cause about 9 damage to each other. Bopper will already have done it work with that huge damage to plasma. And it is cheap, so spend some credits on some marines to protect it. Don't forget it is light ground and can move to forest and mountains to become even more deadly. Remember that wyrm also moves just 2 tiles and and has a range of 1-3 but it is expensivier and still a very good unit.
New Feature Request » UPDATE - New units ! » Go to message
There will have a period to test and balance the new units before they are officially released?

It seems to me that they are too powerful with the current status.
General Discussion » New Units and why IAP can/will be a bad idea!... » Go to message
Well said, Kohtar, I agree with you.
Forum Index Profile for Michaelrn »» Messages posted by Michaelrn