[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: youownme
Forum Index Profile for youownme »» Messages posted by youownme
Tournaments » The First space UniWar-tournament "Cosmo Battles" » Go to message
  unikz wrote: Demmi did not want to start game 2 until our first game carry into Round 10.

I don't really feel comfortable because it is not really fair for me.

Yes, unfortunately this is part of the rules. I got lucky because my strategy was difficult to copy...

I dislike the rules of this tournament. I dislike the tiebreaker method, I dislike starting ten rounds after so your opponent can see how well your strategy worked, and I dislike the section in the russian forum where you can post screenshots and get help on your turn.

But I guess I am not the organizer and should read the rules more carefully before joining.
Youownme wins vs anuaransat in 8 rounds.

In other game, anuar surrendered in round 17, although he was going to win eventually.
Youownme wins quesok as yellow sapiens vs blue titans in 9 rounds.

Youownme wins quesok as blue titans vs yellow sapiens in 18 rounds.
Quesok and I have begun.
Youownme 2343.

The map looks slightly familiar does it not? ; )
New Feature Request » Ladder Request » Go to message
I know there is supposedly a Pro Ladder coming out, but if it is going to take a long time, I have seen easy and effective strategies in other strategy games that I play to keep the ladder from becoming stale. After about 1-2 weeks of inactivity (no rated games) a players rank will decrease 5-10 points each day. In addition to that, there are different seasons throughout the game. Each season could be a time period (maybe like two months?). Then the leaders for each season would be put on the website and marked down in history, and there could be different leaders. I think this would be simple and effective.

Tournaments » dan1 tourney 5 » Go to message
  jb__ wrote:
  youownme wrote: I don't think it is a big issue... JB and I are rematching to see if his claims are legitimate... So far it looks as though I am winning both games again.

The issue is there no matter who wins.

And no matter that you do know this map well - your claim to win the 2 games is largely premature

This is true
I don't think it is a big issue... JB and I are rematching to see if his claims are legitimate... So far it looks as though I am winning both games again.
Can people invite me as camwolf009? I am getting kind of full on games. Also I am not in the bracket, and there is an extra slot.
Youownme wins vs deliann (red sap vs blue khral) in 30 rounds

Youownme wins jb (blue tits vs red khral) in 22 rounds

Youownme wins jb (red khral vs blue tits) in 19 rounds
General Discussion » Veterancy » Go to message
As I had mentioned in chat, it seems that veterancy for a 10 hp unit is determined by killing 1.5 times as many credits as you payed for it. I say credits, although I do not really mean it. The opposing unit's credits are equal to its total credits times its health percentage. So a plasma tank with 1 health is really worth 50 credits for veterancy. A marine/underling/mecha would have to kill three of them to achieve veterancy. I am trying to figure out how your own unit's health is incorporated, but it is more complex so it may take awhile.

Maybe someone else can do it, or I will tell you when I find out. I do know that a marauder with 5 health needs 260 veterancy points to gain veterancy. Thats what my tests tell me at least.
  jb__ wrote: Our first round is well underway. I have initial 3 remarks on the new system:

1) FAIRNESS - the current system is not fair.

Let me explain. Obviously the choice of the first race (starting race) determines the choices of the second race (reaction choice). Then the other game is a mirror.
The choice of a race is very important and depends on the map and our personal preferences/strengths.

I got 4 invites. and replied with 4 mirrors. Thus in 8 games I had 0 free choice of race and 4 secondary/reaction choices. The reaction choice is often forced or limited. The starting race is most often determining what game it is really.

Thus in all my 8 games I had 0 influence on the starting races. Potentially somebody else had selected the starting race in all his 8 games by sending 4 invites first. 0 to 8 - not the fairest setup.

Thus the rules should be amended by having everyone sending only 2 initial invites (if 5 players are involved in a round). This way the influence on races will be equal for all.

2) COMMITMENT - we have had one player leaving (surrendering all games after a few moves). That spoils the whole round for all and wastes the invested time.

Please do not commit to the tournament unless you can really make it.

3) 5 TURNS RULE - I personally think the the 5 turn base holding rule is harmful to the game and should be abandoned as it makes the game strategies poorer. And it is not like someone has written that it shortens the painful mopping up. If you have won in one game the since the games should proceed synchronously one turn latter you can abandon the other game if you are in a hurry - you have already won after all!

I agree with most of this. Although I had already won panda before he left.

I'm not sure if it is unfair either, just easier to display my strengths while exploiting anothers weaknesses. Shouldn't be a problem if you are well rounded with all of the races, but most people aren't.
Youownme wins vs simsverd (blue tits vs red khral) round 14
Youownme wins vs simsverd (red khral vs blue tits) round 17
Youownme wins vs bongpanda (blue khral vs red sap) round 7
Youownme wins vs deliann (blue khral vs red sap) round 20

Panda and deliann other games are not finished but have extended past these ones. Poor panda didn't really understand the rules at first, but I think he understands now and for some reason deliann did not move some of his helis one turn, but I think I would have won a couple turns later anyway.

Jb games are still at large.
Tournaments » EvCatz 2000-2350 tournament registration » Go to message
Im 2179, I'd like to play
I knew that five round rule would cause problems. I say just throw it out. In my opinion it takes away from actually winning the game and makes things more complicated.
Forum Index Profile for youownme »» Messages posted by youownme