[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Nicko
Forum Index Profile for Nicko »» Messages posted by Nicko
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Features to Come! » Go to message
Damnit thread necromancy! I thought there was some dev activity going on....
General Discussion » Theres something wrong about this.. » Go to message
No
Sapiens » Marines: Underated? » Go to message
Marines kicks ass! Although they don't have any abilities, they rape air easily and gets you a cheap AA unit. Countless times i've pulverized an incoming swarmer swarm (lol) and on the right terrain (forest/mountain) swarmers just don't stand a chance! They say mecha is slower but more powerful, I really don't see how he's powerful if it isn't for that +1 in defense.
And I don't agree with phishster, marines don't just own swarmers, but every air units. Make a wall of them on forest and attack enemy air first with them then go for the kill with the copters or batteries if you have the,

As a newbie I didn't understand why marines didn't have any special ability, but now I understand why, they just rock
General Discussion » Skipping and other etiquette questions » Go to message
Surrendering is only up to you, your opponent will always be glad to save time and win the points.
As for skipping, if I know the person I don't skip (unless it's for months and on a 8 player map), if I don't I wait a few hours and then skip.

Of course if he told me he's going on vacation without any wifi there I won't skip.
General Discussion » New player. Do people still play this? » Go to message
Lol @ Orion

Also yeah, I had a few bad games and they took me back at 1960 from 2040
Oh well, it's not like I can't catch back up
Bug Reports » Uniwar not working » Go to message
Did you try to restart the iPod?
As for your games you can always log in on another iPod and play your games there, hope your friends has the game!
2000-2300 is a pretty wide range man

Oh and yeah, I agree with playing the campaign first, as it teaches you the basics of gameplay, then you can hone your skills and develop your tactics on multiplayer, and have fun of course!

PS: Orion, there's an edit button
Of course there is still an active community, you can be sure of that, but when you start off at 1500 points you often get idiots to play with. It should be getting better at 1650-1700.
But if you want further help you can always make friends with people on the chat in-game, just beware of the trolls and spammers since we get a lot of them recently...
Also as an FYI, a higher ranked player will rarely play with a newbie, so your best bet is to go on the chat and ask for an unrated games or simply ask technical questions on the forum or the chat yet again.

PS: Check sphink's guide for new players, it should be in general discussions and would no doubt help you!

Best of luck!
New Feature Request » UniWar 2 Suggestions » Go to message
Oh wow you have GREAT ideas man. I'm not too fond for your version of aquatic units, but the idea seems great, submarines...
Also that sort of hyper engineer, GENIUS
No really don't have false modesty, i'd love to see that, and to use it! Seems damn hard to do so though, so it compensates it's power!

I really hope x-pressed listen to you man!
New Feature Request » The Uniwar forum » Go to message
Very mighty idea indeed. Its a pity the devs dont seem to be very active anymore recently and that the community is plagued with nuisances such as spammers or simply put trolls...
I too find the forums empty at times...
General Discussion » Simple question » Go to message
Sadly no...
Frequently Asked Questions » Blue G in Current Games? » Go to message
stevo got it right. It just means you have an unread message for this in-game chat, nothing more nothing less
New Feature Request » Complete Chat Log » Go to message
Oh ja in that case I suppose it might be an issue. I just tried it myself and it indeed erased, pretty annoying too.
In that case I second that idea and make it so the in-game chats becomes more persistent and doesn't erase itself.
New Feature Request » Scratch Pad » Go to message
Oh well sorry if I offended you in any way, that wasn't meant to be. But I said that because personally I can think of it and not forget it, but if you wish that scratch pad and if it doesn't make it a burden to the developers i don't see any inconvenience, but I don't think that would be a priority for them IMO.
New Feature Request » Complete Chat Log » Go to message
Actually for me the in-game chats never erases itself, i'm not sure what you're asking for...
Forum Index Profile for Nicko »» Messages posted by Nicko