[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: vonknut
Forum Index Profile for vonknut »» Messages posted by vonknut
General Discussion » 4 pre-game-teaming players to stay clear from in FFA » Go to message
Wow, crazy coincidence, what are the ods for that
General Discussion » 4 pre-game-teaming players to stay clear from in FFA » Go to message
Actually I think its a variant of french, they talk both some french and german in switzerland.

But anyways, in the code of conduct it says that "pre-start-teaming-up" is a violation and will result in ban.
http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/812.page
-but how do you petition a ban?
Heya, just played a un-ranked FFA game (Kingshill - 8 players), where 4 of the players had teamed up before the game started:

Sy-BorG (1463) karadoth (1554) Csharpmao (1647) jannos (1616)

How do I know for sure?

Well, they are all from Switzerland and started talking swiss instantly a lot, about
"au prochain tour j elimine mon adversaire direct, apres, i arrive avec quelqu helico pour t aider" (something like "I will kill my adversary quick, then help you with helis").
and
"j'ai pris le centre, mais si vous avez besoin de ressources, venez vous servir" (I will capture center bases for ressources, then be ready to help out").

And Lo and Behold, they did not attack each other, instead teamed up first against one of my enemies, then against me, with a combined heli-rush + eclipse teleport (in the same round, without having line of sight to the other).

While it indeed is "just a unranked game", that I should care about, I find it pretty pitifull, that people need to play unfair, to bolster their egos. And its a shame, that they ruin a fun leisure game. - I mean its an unranked game, so there should be room for sportsmanship.

But I guess their scores sais it all - "we tried ranked games, but got our asses kicked. So now we practice playing unfair in unranked games, then we might try getting points by taking that strategy to the ranked games".
-pathetic...

Any ways, Just to warn you all, if 4 swiss players have already joined, then don't bother, its probably those 4 guys and its no fun...

Edit:
The quotes above were the very first ones in the chat and were written in the first 1-2 rounds btw..
General Discussion » when surrendering before 3. round, I still loose points... » Go to message
Anyone?
General Discussion » when surrendering before 3. round, I still loose points... » Go to message
What am I doing wrong?
General Discussion » player skipping on purpose? => anonym094003 is shifty » Go to message
12 hours ranked game, Peninsulas90428:

Had a "anonym 094003" (2060points) and Grudge (1632points) somehow skip a turn on me.

-I moved in the morning.
-2 hours later, the 2 other players had moved, but it still said it was one of the other players turn.
-a couple of hours later, they had both moved again, and then it was finally my turn.
=> so I missed a turn

I wouldn't have been so mad, if it was not for Anonym made some prettyshifty stuff before that:
Somehow getting 8 mechas transformed (he was human), from another player (dennis pyle, 1504 points)
That other player then suddently skipped his next 2 turns and was removed
-which - surprice - happened just after Anonym90428 had teleported all the transformed mechas close to his bases.

So it might "just" be a case of trying to hide playing with double accounts + luck with a bug.
-but....
Frequently Asked Questions » the scoring system in numbers? » Go to message
can't find an explanation on how the scores for ranked games works.

but to the question:

do you loose more points for surrendering than for loosing 'normally'?
Forum Index Profile for vonknut »» Messages posted by vonknut