[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: blight111
Forum Index Profile for blight111 »» Messages posted by blight111
Tournaments » TOP PLAYERS TOURNAMENT » Go to message
  johnalei wrote: Blight111, I already made it very clear I was very lucky to win you in the email I sent out to the tournament participants. It's hard for a 2500p player to win a 2700p one, right? I also told my best Uniwar friends that you have very good skills. However, I think being a top player, you should tell the whole story. At the time of the "luck" hit, you already 250p behind. And about the "lucky" hit, you should let the readers know it was a 10p marauder attacked by 3 marauders, 6p + 8p + 10p. If you think the last hit my 10p marauder kill your 5p (which was brought down from 10p by the 6+8 ) was unbelievable lucky, I would say 6p+8p+10p marauders kill a 10p marauder is normal.
This tournament organized by Soli sparked an exciting point to the Uniwar. I don't want to raise any argument with you to ruin the wonderful environment. I am not going to reply to any post if you argue back. You are welcome to replay these games with me for fun, just like I did with rainbow on 1v1 and with theJinx/Danndruff on 2v2. I added all players in this tournament to my friend list, including you.

I was already down 250 points because you were very luck in a previous turn (which you fully admitted in the chat). Then you got super lucky and killed another Marauder by hitting it for 5 damage. Try playing a few test games and see how often a marauder does 5 damage to another marauder with no gangup. Its very rare. Even doing 4 damage is not very likely.

Yes, there were 3 marauders, but your 10 marauder was out of range initially, and the other marauders had to run away or else get killed themselves, so its not like you had 6 attacks or anything like that. You killed my 10 health marauder with just 3 attacks and no gangup at all.

You got lucky and that's part of the game. I have gotten lucky in previous games myself. If you only did 4 damage to my marauder (or did not kill my previous marauder), I would have had 2 more marauders and a win. I find it frustrating to play a game where luck completely overrides skill. You must admit the entire outcome of our game came down to killing my 2 marauders where you had 2 lucky shots.

Again, I think you are an excellent player and you played very well. I am not saying there was any foul play. Every player gets lucky sometimes. My complaint is about the game itself.
Tournaments » TOP PLAYERS TOURNAMENT » Go to message
I decided to quit the tournament and surrendered both of my games to Johnalei.
The reason is that he was having amazingly good luck in his attacks.
The final straw was when his marauder did 5 damage to my marauder (with no gangup), just managing to kill it.
(this is not impossible, but unlikely, especially after lots of good luck in previous turns as well).
Just to be clear - I am in no way saying there is any foul play - Johnalei is an excellent player, and he also had some amazing luck.
Its just that I am interested in games of skill and have no interest in playing a fancy version of coin-toss.

General Discussion » Unfair players » Go to message
  nfong wrote: I've always accepted peace in an unfair game when someone offered it to me.

Also, I've never played blight before, so I'm curious to know why he's accusing me.
*shrugs*

I laughed when I read this. You admit that we never played each other, yet you had no problem accusing me of: "asking for peace in every other game" in your post under "players with no honor". I included your name in the list because of your posts there indicated that is what you do.
  talone wrote: We know, that some random games is unfair(for example dead monk sap vs tit, or scramble sap vs khral and many others. Now it's time yo know players who likes play unfair game.

If you get unfair game, write in chat "unfair! " and offer to draw peace. If your opponent don't want to draw, write his name here. We should know this shameful heroes

JB-- , forefall, ignotus, nfong
General Discussion » Players with no honor » Go to message
  nfong wrote:
  blight111 wrote: Sorry for getting angry, its obviously just a game and not that important.
The problem is that I am being forced to stop playing.
For the record, you morons are not even in my league in terms of skill.

You still seem angry. Need a chill pill?

blight111 wrote:My only recourse is to try and shame some of these guys into acting honorably and not insisting on playing grossly unfair match-ups. And then I get these 2 morons above with their idiotic comments - it was just too much.

Hey, I guess you like to use the word "moron" a lot. Also, the fact is, you seem quite dishonorable being unable to take a few losses every now and then. Grow up and learn to play with real honor and actually PLAY the game. I know, it sounds ridiculous to stop asking for peace every other game. But believe me, it's been done before.
I'm curious to know if all of your 110 wins were in fair matchups. Or were you "dishonorable" and took a few free wins every now and then?

Also, can you please name a few "fair" matchups that are not mirror matches? I can only think of one or two in my head, maybe you can enlighten me.

blight111 wrote: Anyways, I am done playing random games and probably done with Uniwar. Just cannot get a fair game going and keep getting stuck in grossly unfair matches against low rated players with no honor or skill.

Bye

Also, listen to ignotus and try out chess.
You can go cry on their forums about dishonorable players that won't accept a draw from you just because you lost your queen.

I want to reply, but there is just zero substance in everything you wrote. Just non-sense. Comparing an unfair matchup in this game to a player losing a queen in chess and asking for peace is just idiotic - do I really need to explain to you that chess is 99.9% fair? I wont respond to the rest of your nonsense. I ask for peace in extreme cases and you turn that into asking for peace in every other game.... and yes, every single one of my wins was fair.

Also, I don't think I ever got you in a random match (despite having played 100 or so random matches) so I guess you are also great at talking, but don't actually play random matches much at all - more hypothetical BS. Since you don't mind taking a few losses, lets play 10 games of ForestWalk. I'll be saps, you be khrals. Just send me 10 invites. Its not a fair match, but chess is also not fair according to you....

Sorry for getting angry, its obviously just a game and not that important.
The problem is that I am being forced to stop playing.

Above the 2600 rank, its impossible to get any regular (non random) game going. None are offered.
So I have to play random. Not only am I getting assigned 2400 (and sometimes lower) rated players, but a lot of times its into impossible - no win situations.

One player shamelessly wrote me that he views this like he won the lottery - getting assigned an easy win against a much higher rated player.

My only recourse is to try and shame some of these guys into acting honorably and not insisting on playing grossly unfair match-ups. And then I get these 2 morons above with their idiotic comments - it was just too much. A low ranked player and a player who does not actually play both think its fantastic to play unfair match-ups against high ranked players - give me a break.

Anyways, I am done playing random games and probably done with Uniwar. Just cannot get a fair game going and keep getting stuck in grossly unfair matches against low rated players with no honor or skill.

For the record, you guys are not even in my league in terms of skill. The only great players I have seen so far are: Talone, Lion1, and thewall. Those 3 would never dream of playing an unfair match-up. They have some honor.

ignotus wrote: Feel free to add me to this list because I perceive randomized unbalance as part of this game and never accept peace if someone insist on this due to "unfair" map.

If you are looking for fully balanced game (no random in attack / defence and no random matching map / race) try chess.

I play lots of random games and have never been assigned to you, so I guess you don't actually play many at all. So your comment is just hypothetical BS then?
  boourns wrote: This game has very few truly even matchups. Some are more severe than others obviously, but where do you draw the line?

It is an inherent flaw in this game that must be overlooked in order to have fun (in my opinion). To ask for draws in random is not practical since most matchups would end in draws. True random players should just accept when they get a bad matchup and play it out, knowing that next time around they may be the one with the advantage. Either that or stick to non-random - although I can't see how someone could call themselves a top player if they avoid random.

What is your rating? I could not find you on the ladder. Not surprising that a low rated player wants to play unfair matches against high rated players.
The Random game system is very flawed since it sometimes creates very unfair match-ups.

The top players have an honor code. If you get assigned an unfair match-up, just say so right away and ask for peace.
An honorable opponent will accept.
Insisting on playing an unfair match-up is cowardly, pathetic, and dis-honorable.
It also ruins the game because it forces the top players to stop playing random matches.

First let me mention both Talone and Lion1 who are both very honorable and will always grant peace in such a situation.
They are true champions that earned their rank. They don't need to play unfair games just to get points.

Now for some players who lack honor and insist on playing unfair matches:
1) JB--
2) forefall
3) More to come...
abc
  TheOwner wrote:
  blight111 wrote:
  talone wrote:
If you get unfair game, write in chat "unfair! " and offer to draw peace. If your opponent don't want to draw, write his name here. We should know this shameful heroes

got random game on Wildplains. I play blue Khraleans. FOREFALL play red Sapiens.
I say unfair and ask for peace. FOREFALL refuses twice.

Now when did you ask? I often have players asked late into the game when I've already beaten them and they had the game in their favor. If you ask within the first 3 turns I'll give you peace, but any later I probably wont.

I asked right away before the game even began.
Exact same story happened again in another unfair random game with him (Chato Hill) and again he refused peace. I will also say that he is rated over 2500, but plays no better than a 2000 rated player. Does anyone know how he got rated so high?

I actually ended up beating him in Wildplains with me as blue khrals and him as red saps after he refused my request for peace. That is one of the most unfair matchups in the game, so its sad that a 2500+ player plays so poorly that he actually loses that match.

talone wrote:

got random game on Wildplains. I play blue Khraleans. FOREFALL play red Sapiens.
I say unfair and ask for peace. FOREFALL refuses twice.
Forum Index Profile for blight111 »» Messages posted by blight111