[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: lion1
Forum Index Profile for lion1 »» Messages posted by lion1
General Discussion » Titan Buff Officially released! DISCUSS » Go to message
Ok, here are some random thoughts about the update:

1) Glad to see the devs are doing something. It seems that they have abandoned this game.
2) The devs should have first read the many posts on this forum and spoken with the top players before making the change.
3) This change will not fix the main balance problems in the game which are:
-Khrls beat Titans
-Saps beat Khrls
-Red has a big advantage over blue
4) Eclipse heave attack to 4 is a good idea. I dont see many cases where it makes a difference. On rare occasions it will help. Speeder and Marauder attacks against eclipses will now be slightly less beneficial.
5) Speeder mobility to 16 is not a good idea. Even before this change I have noticed many players just spam speeders. Now they will do so even more. I think the speeder was too strong even before this change and is now way too strong.
6) Khrls will continue to beat Titans. On some maps, the speeder might be able to hit the Wyrms, but only in cases where the wyrm was using terrain as cover (Dead Monk comes to mind).
7) Titans vs saps will now be very different. I see swarms of speeders hitting trucks, heli's and Marauders from far away. On many maps this change will give Titans a very big advantage.
Titan player can now build a wall of PT's. Behind that wall put Walkers and speeders and slowly advance. Use the speeders to kill any trucks that are even remotely close to the battle front. The Sap player has nothing that can stop that strategy (except maybe terrain on some maps).
9) Sap Trucks were already rare, not we will see them even less since the Speeder is now a truck killer.
10) It is unfair to change the rules in mid game. I am playing a game where I was going to win and will probably lose now. Not fair.
11) There are more changes that the game urgently needs and that would be very quick and easy to add. More maps. Option to decline game invites. Better random game matching system. I dont see why this change got top priority.

General Discussion » Unfair players » Go to message
  blight111 wrote:
  talone wrote: We know, that some random games is unfair(for example dead monk sap vs tit, or scramble sap vs khral and many others. Now it's time yo know players who likes play unfair game.

If you get unfair game, write in chat "unfair! " and offer to draw peace. If your opponent don't want to draw, write his name here. We should know this shameful heroes

JB-- , forefall, ignotus, nfong

If this is true then it is shameful. Why would you insist on playing unfair random games?
Khraleans » Garudas » Go to message
Yes, absolutely 2 garudas should kill a heli.

Helis strike and fall back to hide.
If they get chased by 2 garudas, those Garudas cannot fall back and are often stuck in enemy territory where they get easily killed by marines and other helis. So its usually not a good trade-off anyway (2 garudas for 1 heli).

If the heli actually survives, its easily a death blow to the Khral player.

General Discussion » A River Runs » Go to message
ok well, I obviously cannot read any Russian or question marks, but here is my take on that game.
I think Titans should win, but its not easy at all. I am happy to play as saps against Titans as well.

In that game you were offering so little resistance for so long (100+ rounds) that I just got careless and advanced my walkers to fast.

We are now playing a re-match game which I fully expect to win.

nfong wrote: Have you guys (lion and talone) played yet?
I'm curious to know the outcome of the games.

Yes, we have probably played about 10 games so far, using various race/map combo's.
I'd say we each won about half the games.

I don't mind posting the specific outcomes, but only if Talone agrees.

Right now we have 1 game going: RiverRuns. Me as Titans, Talone as Saps.

My posting above lists a lot of map-race combos that I would be happy to play against any top players - but so far I have very few takers.

Ok Talone, so based on your reply, I would be happy to play with you any of the following game invitations:

Greatwall - Khral vs. Titans.
Starvation - Khral vs. Titans.
Laguna - Sap vs. Khrals
Hurtgen Forest - Sap vs Khrals
Forest Walk - Khral vs. Titans
Rubicon - Khral vs. Saps and Khral vs. Titans (we already played this once, remember?)

Please let me know which one(s) you want?
And my invitation extends to other top players as well.

Also, can you please list the specific maps where you think Titans beat Khrals and are willing to prove it by playing?
(non-naval maps please)
ok then, here is my (partial) list of unfair matches.
Send me game invites if anyone thinks they can prove me wrong.

I am ignoring same race matches (since I dont like them) and naval matches (since the ships will often alter the balance between races).

Deadmonk - Titans beats Saps, Khrals beat titans, Saps beat Khrals.
Wildplanes - Titans beat saps. Saps beat Khrals. Red Khrals beat blue titans, red titans beat blue khrals.
Chato Hill - Saps beat Khrals, Titans beat saps, Khrals beat titans.
Great Wall - titans beat saps. Red saps beat blue khrals, red Khrals beat blue saps, Khrals beat titans.
Starvation - Saps beat everything. Khrals beat titans.
Bog - Khrals beat titans. Probably even between Saps and Khrals. Titans beat saps.
Laguna - Khrals beat titans. Titans beat saps. Saps beat Khrals.
Hurtgen Forest - Saps beat Khrals. Khrals beat Titans. Saps beat Titans.
Forest Walk - Khrals beat titans. Saps beat Khrals. Probably even between saps and titans.
River Runs - Probably one of the most balanced maps. Not sure who wins. May be a tie.
Rubicon - Khrals beat titans. About even between saps and Titans. Khrals beat saps (after 200 turns).
Scramble - I think saps always win, but Talone is the expert on this map.
Thermopylae - Saps beat Khrals. Khrals beat Titans. Titans and saps should be even.
Desolate - Saps beat titans. Red khrals beat blue saps. Red saps beat blue khrals. Khrals beat titans.
Goldrush - I think saps always win.

As you can see, almost no fair matches when we exclude same race and naval matches.
Also note that Titans never beat Khrals.

ignotus wrote: [1] Blue sap vs red krahl on scramble.
[2] Red sap/khral vs blue khral on starvation.

Obviously most same race matches are fair. I meant to list fair matches that are not same race.

I am not an expert on scramble, but I think blue saps should beat red khrals.
I think red saps should destroy blue Khrals on Starvation - send me a game invite if you disagree.

Talone - please post a list of map/race combinations that you think are fair?

I can think of very few.
General Discussion » How to fix the game balance » Go to message
This topic has been talked about at length, but I feel some of the suggestions out there are too extreme and might actually fix one imbalance but cause other imbalances.

What we need are some simple, changes that address the main game imbalances yet have few or no side effects.

So here goes:

1) Blue player does not get base credits in turn 1. There is a small advantage to going first, but the penalty is much too extreme. This also creates a big dis-incentive to set up games since the person setting up the game gets penalized. On many maps (eg: great wall), this is literally the deciding factor between victory and defeat. Fix: on team maps blue should not get penalized at all. On 1 vs 1 maps, blue should get 50% base credits in turn 1.

2) Khrals always beat Titans. No top player will ever play Titans vs Khrals - we know that Khrals simply dominate Titans. I suggest 2 possible fixes: a) Plasma Tanks do 2 damage to buried underlings when crushing them. b) UV blasts hurt buried underlings. "a" may not be enough. "b" may be too much. Either way, this will have no side effects and will not alter the balance of any other matchups.

3) Saps almost always beat Khrals. The combination of Heli + Marine spam is just too much for Khrals. I suggest that we choose 2 out of the following 3 fixes a) Underlings get an air attack of 1 (like Pinzers) b) Heli ground light attack be reduced to 11 c) Garuda air attack be increased to 10.

4) Khral vs Khral battles end up being nothing more than swarmer-fests. Same solution as in 3: a) Underlings get an air attack of 1 (like Pinzers) B) Garuda air attack be increased to 10.

After we fix these, the game will be 90% balanced. To make it 100% balanced, we will have to adjust the base payouts on different maps based on how much they favor certain races.

General Discussion » TALONE about the best warriors:) » Go to message
I would like to point out that I am the only high rated player that has (and always had) lots of open game invitations out there for many different maps (not just 1 or 2 maps).

Doing this hurts my rating since I expose myself to many games where I am both at a strategic disadvantage and end up playing lower rated opponents. I almost never get any high ranked players joining my open games.

For example, right now I have open game invitations for Starvation, River Runs, Great Wall, Dead Monk, Gold Rush, Laguna, and more.

Also, (modesty aside), I am the undisputed master of team games on the original FP map - which is the most complex and sophisticated map in the game.

Lastly, I have random games turned on, and continue to play anyone that gets assigned to me. I dont think any other top player has random games turned on (since I never get assigned to them in random games).
General Discussion » New Rules » Go to message
Well, I just set up a bunch of random games (using the updated version of Uniwar) and got assigned opponents that are much lower ranked than me. That is grossly unfair.
General Discussion » Been hunting and hunting for the new rules » Go to message
Well, I just installed the new update on my iPhone.
So far I only see 2 changes:
- Bigger text fonts
- ability to set rating limits (upper and lower) when you set up a new game.

I tried setting up 4 random games and all 4 of them were gross miss-matches (my opponents were ranked much lower than me).

no sign of new maps, no indication of new rules, random games matching not any better, no balance fixes., heck - you still cannot even decline game invitations...
This update was sure worth waiting months for....
Guides & Tips » CHN .xiang is cheating! » Go to message
Be advised that R666, K701, and Ubiyca are confirmed cheaters.
I have screen shots that prove it, but at this point its just too much effort to post them.
If the game developers are willing to look into this and suspend cheaters, I will send them the screen shots.
General Discussion » TALONE about the best warriors:) » Go to message
The reality is that the top players will almost never play each other.

Can anyone give me a balanced map/race combo?

Practically every map/ race combo has a pre-determined winner based on the best strategy.
Since the top players know these, they will almost never play each other.

There is no point in me playing against Talone. Just tell us the map and the races and we will tell you in advance who wins. Why bother going through the motions when we already know the ending?

This is also why the random games dont work. It just comes down to luck if you get the winning or losing map/race combo.

Until the game balance is fixed (and I have written a lot about how to fix it), it is pointless to speculate on who is the best player.

Forum Index Profile for lion1 »» Messages posted by lion1