[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: gemo
Forum Index Profile for gemo »» Messages posted by gemo
General Discussion » Surrender without a loss? » Go to message
This info is outdated!!! I just surrendered in a ranked game before making the first move and lost a lot of points.

I think the map TwoNeighbours was not possible to win for a second mover. Let's see if the revenge helps...
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » Condemnation of Mortals » Go to message
Map name: Condemnation of Mortals
Map maker: Prime Carrot
Number of Players: 2

Reason for down voting: "=== ATTENTION This is a FUN game mode where empty BASES generate RANDOM UNITS.....===" - How did I get THIS in a Random Ranked game? My turn is second and it generated an Assimilator for me. How am I supposed to defend from a Mantisse and a Marine with an Assimilator?
Change recommendations (if you have any): Remove FUN mode with RANDOM UNITS from Ranked games.
Technical Support Questions » Lost ability to undo turn today » Go to message
Hello Uniwar Support:

I always had ability to undo last move, but today this ability was lost. It just asks me if i want to undo all moves during this turn. Was this change intentional? Can this be fixed?

Thank you
- Gemo
Technical Support Questions » Unrealistic battery damage » Go to message
Hi, I am playing a HvH unranked game, and my opponent just managed to unload 3 consecutive battery shots against my helicopter with 3 damage each. These are his first 3 moves during this turn, so there is no previous gang-up bonus. The terrain is also normal, so no penalties for the helicopter.

Is this even possible? What is the probability of doing this during the first 3 moves? Does he have a paid add-on that I am not aware of? Is there a damage hack available?

Thank you
- Gemo
Sapiens » Unrealistic battery damage » Go to message
Hi, I am playing HvH unranked game, and my opponent just managed to unload 3 consecutive battery shots against my helicopter with 3 damage each. These are his first 3 moves during this turn, so there is no previous gang-up bonus. The terrain is also normal, so no penalties for the helicopter.

Is this even possible? What is the probability of doing this during the first 3 moves? Does he have a paid add-on that I am no aware of? Is there a damage hack available?
Bug Reports » Tournament spam messages » Go to message
Please stop opening a tournament invitation pop-up every several seconds. It ruins the experience. If I want to join a tournament I will find a way, thank you.
Bug Reports » Crash on startup after today's update. » Go to message
Reinstall fixed it for me, thank you
Bug Reports » Crash on startup after today's update. » Go to message
After today's update app fails to start. My phone model is Huawei Honor Note 8
Technical Support Questions » End of turn ad » Go to message
I got an ad followed by a message "uniwar is a free game. Ads give us revenue..." in an offline game. I am pretty sure that I paid $5 for the game + in-game purchases. This is not even an argument about having to maintain a server since the game was offline.
General Discussion » Skip a turn » Go to message
@duaneski:

> But if you can't get 10 minutes every 24 hours to play your turns consistently

24 hours is perfect, but life is not uniform. I try to not start games before vacations. Last Monday I got into a snow storm during a road trip with my children across a few states. I would have to be a psychopath to take that 10 mins. I got skipped in a 3v3 where I controlled nearly half the game, not to mention that it also took me 30 mins to make a turn in that game given the sheer number of units under control.

> then you may have to be relegated to unranked games

I honestly don't care if the game is ranked. I don't put my rank on resume nor do I post it on a singles website. I play for fun and for strategy, and turns being skipped ruin both.

> No one has unlimited game slots, most have about 10.

This limit is very artificial and can be increased to compensate for my proposal, should it ever get implemented. I don't ask for a bigger time limit, just an occasional brake.
@amidama: The comparison with the Chess clock is close but unlike Chess, Uniwar is not played in real time and should use a different clock design.

Proposal:
# of hours allowed for turn = turn_limit + K1 * turn_no + K2 * time_saved_by_making_turns_b4_turn_limit + K3 * % of bases controlled by player

where
turn limit - current turn limit, usually 24 hours
K1 - how many hours is added as game develops, I suggest 0.02 * turn limit, so for each turn of a 24h-limit game you get a 30 min allowance, up to some limit.
K2 - 0.02 * time saved, so if for example you made turns every 12 hours in a 24h-limit game, you get an additional 15 mins per turn.
K3 - should be adjusted for number of players in the game. The idea is that if a player controls half the bases of the game, he should be allotted more time, as it both takes more time to take a turn for him and skipping his turn will have drastic consequences on the outcome. On the other hand, a player who is clinging to his last base should not get this allowance.

As far as skipping other player, it should be a vote by players multiplied by % of game they control, so someone who controls almost no bases should not have a say.

The "skip a player turn" feature does more harm than good. Lately it is mostly regulated by etiquette rather than the game, but there are always some freshmen who race to skip anything they can rather than play the game.

Players are also people, we have weekends and families and sometimes cannot login for more than 24 hours. It should be ok to miss 1 or 2 deadlines during the game.

The other issue is that in a game where some players have been eliminated but kept one base can skip others, ruining it for everybody else, since they themselves are no longer vested in the game and there is nothing better for them to do.
General Discussion » Do you know how to code? » Go to message
@Apercent python is very useful and actualy preferred by many professional developers. I believe it is 2nd to Java and the latter is getting old.
General Discussion » Unit BALANCE changes » Go to message
Love the changes. It is funny how I already knew about all these imbalances. Last battery price ibcrease by $100 kinda ruined it, this should make it a better unit. Please include battery and speeder retreat move points on the in-game info card.
Bug Reports » Enemy burrowed lings are visible in team multiplayer » Go to message
Enemy burrowed lings are visible in team multiplayer. I have a screenshot but do not know how to attach it. The game is currently in progress.
Forum Index Profile for gemo »» Messages posted by gemo