[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: shaithis
Forum Index Profile for shaithis »» Messages posted by shaithis
General Discussion » Beware Player "Kentian" » Go to message
So, I joined a Crossroads map game hosted by this dude (2448 rating); I was the second player in. I was expecting a good game as I love this map. Instead, here is what happened:

1) A 1700 rating player "shishi" joins in the third slot, Kentian starts the game.

2) Shishi allows Kentian to capture the middle base (he had a turn during which he could have stopped it).

3) Shishi flanks my army with 3 swarmers and 2 resurfaced underlings while Kentian attacks from the front. Shishi definitely not playing at 1700 rating.

4) Shishi takes my forward base with an underling, Kentian ignores it.

5) Shishi creates a Pinzer from my second base, and advances it towards my last, completely ignoring Kentian.

6) Shishi finishes off my last few units and sits a flyer on my base. I am defeated.

7) Shishi leaves the game.

Neither spoke on chat at any point, not even to respond to pleasant small talk at beginning.

Conclusion - "shishi" is Kentian's account; his strategy is to host FFA games, wait until decently rated people join, then fill the game with smurfs and just play 2+v1. In this game, he was so lazy that he did not even bother hiding it; in fact he barely made any moves with the sapien after demolishing my army, and just used "shishi" to clean me up b/c of faster units.

Play with this tard at your own risk, he probably hacks as well.

TALONE, you are recommending this guy on his profile; I suggest you do something about that.
Khraleans » Garudas » Go to message
  youownme wrote: I think two garudas should kill a heli with a +2 gangup bonus. I'm not sure if the price would have to be increased or not, a big change like that could spell certain doom for khraleans on certain maps.

Neg on the price increase. Garudas are just not a very worthwhile offensive unit right now, the only reason to use them is that they can regenerate 6 health with one infestor. My opinion is that they could use +1 vs air and +1 vs heavy, or perhaps something else entirely like an extra square of movement (to make them more maneuverable than helis and thus easier to get gangups). Helis really do need to lose a point of defense.

I wish ants had at least 1 aerial attack. Dealing with helis is still far too difficult for khrals, you literally have to rely on amazing resurfaced underling walls or you have no chance, whereas they can just advance behind forested marines which destroy everything that kills copters.
General Discussion » Unfair players » Go to message
  wasp wrote: Dear Administrator,
I would like to inform you about two unufair players - Dougie and jamac8, I would be very appritiated if you will check out those battle logs to validate this information. for detailed information, please contact me danilov_ilja@mail.ru.

Thank you for your consideration

wasp

nfong wrote:
  shaithis wrote: For the khral, if you must attack with +1 bonus, you should have a swarmer handy to finish the job.

But then you're spending 950 credits (2 garudas + 1 swarmer) to kill a 500 credit unit.

So? You are left with all 3, albeit one garuda is weakened (have to leave him in a good spot).

There's nothing wrong with copters being so tanky, as the other sapien units are not as sturdy as enemy counterparts (marine, marauder, tank).
Guides & Tips » Invitation time limit? » Go to message
This is a known scam, operated by the Nigerians. Invite a player to a 3 minute game, or host a 3 minute game, then wait until it's the middle of the night in their time zone (can see flag) and collect free points.

Fortunately, the majority of Uniwarriors have wizened up to this, and even the silly newbs surely can realize that if a player has 10x 3 minute games hosted, he is probably not up to any good.
Khraleans » How to fight burrowed underlings » Go to message
  lantry wrote: moving heavy units onto them only does one damage; not nearly enough to kill them. I don't know the exact circumstances but I would suggest just avoiding them as much as possible, without letting them get a base or knock out artillery. If your opponent is spending so much on spamming underlings, you should be able to get the upper hand in the real fight aboveground. Spamming underlings isn't (IMO) a good strategy, the best way to use them is to send just a few to screw with your opponents heads XD

What is this crap??? Doing 1 damage to underlings is huge! If they move after the first squish, you can step on them again to bring them to 80% power. If they keep moving, you keep squishing (does not work on mountains obviously, and careful moving that expensive eclipse into forest). On some maps, underlings literally have to nap under a heavy unit to at least stay on the same health, otherwise they will be so weakened that you can basically count them out of your opponent's strategy.

Some advice for newbies - create an Excel spreadsheet, and "trick" it into creating a hex grid by placing x's into every other cell horizontally, then doing the next row and starting with a space. The result will look something like this:

_x x x x
x x x x x
_x x x x

Look familiar? Now, substitute x's with underling counts, esp. incl. 0, and highlight the 6 locations around a 0 cell green. This makes it a cinch to pinpoint locations and squish them every turn.
General Discussion » New player questions » Go to message
I am guessing that you played campaign and thus have basic concept of all units and counters.

For now, start up 20 random games as random race. There are a few basic lessons that you can learn now, everything else will come with time.

Play random, don't join games. If someone is hosting, it's because they know they have a map advantage. The game is not balanced.

Tips -

0) The vision trick - create a speeder, garuda or heli, get vision, then undo. Hax, but everyone does it so you may as well.

1) Mobility and zone of control - know where to put that 3 health marine so that he will prevent their full health pinzer from chewing on your marauder next turn, which will in turn allow your marauder to pick off a worm or get a flank on a fly.

2) Sacrifice units to generate gang-up bonuses. Attack from the furthest possible angle with your marine, then attack from behind with your heli or tank, and then from the far side with another. Terrible, terrible damage.

3) Predict their moves - place yourself in their shoes, how would you move? What can you do to block? Zone of control is 90% of strategy.

4) Squish buried beetles - get good at predicting where they are (digit to right means there are x bugs next to you, bugs you stand on do not count), and move your heavy units on them. Marauders can hop on 2 different ones every turn, which is why good khrals will generally not waste time burrowing vs saps.

5) Marauders can create a gang-up bonus for their own succeeding attack (cannot be +3 because of zone of control, but +2 very possible with lots of plains).

I'll post more later, going to bed now.
New Feature Request » Naval improvements » Go to message
My personal wish would be for harbors to count as half of a base, granting credits and ability to make non-siege/tank units. Naval warfare itself is fine. Saps and Khrals use navy to backup their heavy air on the maps where it is relevant; Titans can generally ignore navy and advance with walkers, or abuse the 4 range of hydronauts on maps like Rocky where they can dance around. On Piropolis, it's just dumb to build navy unless your opponent is Titan, as 3 range does not cover all bases.
I voted "yes," but would like to qualify that; 2 garudas should be able to kill a heli with superior positioning (+2/+3 gangup) 100% of the time (at that point, if it survives, it's gg for you). +1 is not superior positioning. For the sap, if you let your heli be surrounded, it means that you got too greedy chasing my beetles and deserve to be shown that you are not immortal. For the khral, if you must attack with +1 bonus, you should have a swarmer handy to finish the job.
General Discussion » Unfair players » Go to message
  nfong wrote:
  zalcore wrote:
Another thing, a few months ago the devs actually did make an attempt at fixing the imbalances and remove unfair players, they didn't do it well, but they tried. They made only random games rated. But of course the community bitched and moaned until the devs changed it back. Blizzard made the Ranked ladder based only off of random games and their community have never complained, so I have absolutely no idea why the Uniwar community has issues with it.

Yeah, I agree with this. Starcraft is amazing, and no one ever complains about all ranked games being random. The problem with the people on Uniwar is that they're used to playing rated games with anyone, and in short, they're rating whores. I would say at least 70% of the top players either bot-farmed or fed off other accounts.
It's quite disturbing that whenever I try to look for a good game to join, half of the games are scramble or maps like jungle.

Bad analogy honestly guys; map imbalances in Starcraft do not automatically hand the win to one player unless he makes a mistake

I did not see the Jungle map discussed. Blue saps or red khrals always win, only blue sap vs red khral is borderline interesting.

I wish that the devs would open a map making utility for us and then run a contest. I'm sure that we can come up with 10 or so maps that can approach balance. Also, I think that each race needs a new utility to round out its weakness (saps - too much plains and they are weak, give ability to plant forest on swamp and plains, however marauders need -1 mobility / +1 on forests (to retain 2 squares) immediately; khrals - let infector burrow and resurface > plague / infect; titans - they need lots of help, good start would be decreased forest penalty for plasma and have UV block all healing next turn on victims - more strategy.
General Discussion » TALONE about the best warriors:) » Go to message
I highly doubt this game will ever be balanced. Honestly, I would rather have them work on Uniwar II and make that a far superior game.

However, another fix would be to (1) reset ratings like others have suggested, (2) force people to play random race for random games (custom games still rated, of course all have host advantage unless he is idiot), and (3) prevent peace in random games. This would give everyone the same odds.

Of course, there are a few fixes that would be very easy if devs were paying attention. Uneven starts, broken strategies on certain maps, and that damn top forest square on Dead Monkey, would be a good start. Jungle could do with a bit less forest too.
Forum Index Profile for shaithis »» Messages posted by shaithis