[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Anonymous
Forum Index Profile for Anonymous »» Messages posted by Anonymous
New Feature Request » Three ideas I had... » Go to message
I think UV blasts should do 1 damage to all sapiens and khraleans and also heal all nearby titans by 1. Even enemies.
General Discussion » Starting money » Go to message
Okay. That's how it works now. So... What's the problem?
Bug Reports » (bug) Ghost Game! » Go to message
We have figured out the problem and are working on a fix.

Once the fix is ready we will be restarting the server.

I'll keep you posted.
... Yeah, that's how it works, so what are you asking for to be different? Person #8 will start with a lot more than #1.
Bug Reports » "Error Connecting to Server", then crashes » Go to message
I also have this issue.

The person that suggested a "ghost game" must be right because even when I know I only have my current game with my turn, it'll say "End Turn and Next Game" as if I have another game where it's my turn.

Another issue cropped up when this bug first started. And that is a game, not one in particular just random, where it is not currently my turn, will be lit up and say "Your turn". Like right now, I have 7 open games. The first 3 are currently my turn, and they are the top 3 games. Then there are 2 games that are not currently my turn, and say so. Then there is a game below those two that says it is my turn *when in fact it is not*. And below that one is a game that is not my turn.
This is player Jean Of mArc:
I'm have this problem as well. Must have something to do with a recent update, because I didn't have this problem before a day or two ago when I received notification of OS 3.0 from the UniWar team.
I'm also having this problem... Someone post a fix for this please! It is so annoying!
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.3 iPhone » Go to message
Sigh...still under review. We check it daily. Maybe some sacrificial lamb is required.
New Feature Request » Three ideas I had... » Go to message
the limits of the marine are quite evident on the thermopylae map. titans and krahleans start with 6 units each which actually have some use, while the six marines are barely worth as cannonfodder. so yes, something should be done about them.
another possibility would be to turn them to units who lay minefields or can change terrain (swamp to terrain), or build fortifications (like woods, but which also work for tanks and batteries)
New Feature Request » See enemy unit that fires on you even if it is hidden by FOW » Go to message
Actually you shouldn't be able to even see it in replay, that sounds like a bug to me. Part of the strategy of using walkers is having a turn or two where they don't know where they are...
It's different with every map. It says what you get at the bottom of the screen in the map details when you select it.

Like Dead Monk is
Initial Credits 300
Credits/Base 100 (so 100x how many bases you have/round)

And different maps give different amounts as part of the strategy/balancing. Can't be more specific than that.
You get a certain amount per round, including the round the enemy plays, so the person who goes next starts with more money. This is a big advantage on some maps where buying a better unit to start with matters and not too important on maps where you slowly build an army.
New Feature Request » Scoring algorithm? » Go to message
I wouldn't want to see scoring based on duration, bases captured, or units destroyed. As in chess, it's winning that counts.

What I would like is a system that considers the odds of winning a given scenario. For example, if one map favors first-turn sapiens against second-turn titans so much that the former win 75% of the time (as recorded by the uniwar server), there should be more points awarded for winning as a second-turn titan than as a first-turn sapiens.
General Discussion » Attack calculations » Go to message
I am sorry to keep harpin on this. But if the random calculations are seeded from the server then that means that the client can "know" the results of the calculation in advance. It is therefore possible to hack the client so as to tell you in advance how much damage your attack will do and then let you decide if you want to do it.

Also, does the server verify that the random results reported by the client really do match the results that are expected from the "seeds" that the server maintains?

Furthermore, how does the "fog of war" work? Does my iPhone "see" the entire map, or only the parts that I can see? If it only "see's" what I can see then offline play would be impossible. If it see's the entire map then it can be hacked into "revealing" the entire map to the player.

The iPhone client is fairly difficult to hack (but not impossible) once we start getting other clients (such as a web browser) I think these will start to be serious security issues.
General Discussion » Attack calculations » Go to message
No, I've never seen that happen or gotten that message. I lose connection all the time. Your moves are saved, you just can't end your turn until you reconnect with the server.
Forum Index Profile for Anonymous »» Messages posted by Anonymous