[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: johnalei
Forum Index Profile for johnalei »» Messages posted by johnalei
Tournaments » Frozen planet - first tourney in round robin format » Go to message
My opponent plingis2 has not showed up for about 2 days, should I skip him or not?
Tournaments » Frozen planet - first tourney in round robin format » Go to message
Sim, when measuring rounds, would round of win - round of lose sound better than simple round count? In a 2 player game or mirror game, count of round will be the same. An example here: player a win player b in game 1 for 7 rounds, player a lose to player b in game 2 for 10 rounds. Count of rounds are both 17. Count win-lose round for player a is 7-10=-3. Win-lose round of player b is 10-7 =3. Player a should win because he use less round to win and last more rounds in the game he lose. Just my 2 cents. Happy games!!!

simsverd wrote:Congratulation on you winning the group Invul!

I would think that "fair" is a better word here than "honest" in an automatic evaluation of a game

The method for determining winner automatically has to be simple, robust, scalable and fit for different scenarios.

In a group of 4 it is quite possible to have 3 or 4 players with same ammount of points and wins. Actually they can all have beaten each other.

Win by least ammount of rounds in the winning games is a good (but not perfect) method. There have to be some reasonable tradoffs when doing this automatically - and a manual evaluation will just not be possible with hundreds of games in each round..

And the method of evaluation is known to the players in advance.

But if you like i would be happy to discuss it further to see if we can improve upon current chosen method
Tournaments » dan1 tourney 5 » Go to message
  J.C. wrote: I can't believe johnalei won all his games in less than 13 turns... .-.

J.C. Thanks for compliment. I think I was lucky. And it really doesn't mater how fast or slow to win. Win is win, fast or slow is just personal preference. Of cause, to break tie we need to define which is win.
Tournaments » DefenseZone: New Levels » Go to message
Congrats to vogon. Our games are not finished yet but I am going to lose both of them. Good fight vogon. Thanks for playing.
Tournaments » To win TALONE » Go to message
Not as good as Dan and vogon. But want to learn. Same as you coach me in jungle. I need more practice. How many times can I try this time?
Talone, good job. Long time no fight.
Johnalei blue sap vs supercc red sap, Supercc surrendered at round 12
Johnalei red sap vs supercc blue sap, supercc surrendered at round 13
Vogon, invite me first. I don't know which map is using.
Johnalei blue khra won zullosutra red sap 10 round
Johnalei red sap won zullosutra blue khra 13 round
Thanks for playing zullosutra
Johnalei won Blue sap vs Maslor red sap 4 round
Johnalei won red sap vs Maslor blue sap 6 round

Johnalei blue sap won earth red sap 7 round (earth surrendered early because I won the mirror game)
Johnalei red sap won earth blue sap 9 round
Do we have to play different races? I think the rule is you need a mirror game, but you can chose same race or different race.
Wow. Two great players! This map is super hard I think. Maybe a little favor to red. Go Dan go! Hope you get it back next game.
Still have space? I want to be in.
johnalei vs dan1 blue khra vs red sap jonalei won 1st game in less round. dan1 surrender the 2nd game although he was winning.

johnalei vs vogon blue sap vs red sap jonalei won 1st game in less round. 2nd game is still going, vogon is winning the 2nd game but will be with more rounds.

Johnalei blue khra vs lavr red sap, lavr surrendered at round 19.
Forum Index Profile for johnalei »» Messages posted by johnalei