[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: markus_b
Forum Index Profile for markus_b »» Messages posted by markus_b
Bug Reports » Server very slow » Go to message
Thanks for the reply.

I've started another game and that other new game is working fine.

The game in question is 'f79957'. It timed out and I was able to skip the other players turn.

After looking at it closely it seems that this is actually a game against a human player and that this player did no longer respond in time. This would be my 1st game against another human being. The way I play in short bursts with long breaks, don't lends itself to play against someone else, so I played against bots exclusively. Here I signed up rapidly with another player without noticing...

Thanks ! Markus
It has now been 16h since my last turn has been submitted. It looks like the bot server is down completely.
New Feature Request » Consistent deselection of units » Go to message
This is not really a new feature, but an uniformisation of the user interface.

Currently, when the map is inactive, because I'm waiting for an opponents turn, I can select an unit by touching it and deselect it by touching an empty field. This independent of who the owner of the unit is.

When it is my turn, this is the same for enemy units, but not for my units. If I touch one of my units, then I have to explicitly 'cancel' the selection. I'd like it to be sufficient to touch a map tile outside of the currently active tiles for the selected unit. As the screen reloads, when a turn comes back, often the first move is to zoom in on an area of the battlefield and most of the time a units gets selected inadvertently. Searching for 'cancel' in the menu for this all the time is a pain, just touching a free map tile would be much better. This would be consistent with touching enemy units too.
I'm mostly playing against a bot and it works pretty well with a turnaround time between 15 and 30 seconds. But since this afternoon the bot takes 1-2h per turn. There is definitely a problem. Am I the only one ?
Bug Reports » Drains batteries on android » Go to message
I just got the update to Uniwar HD and think it is much better now. I just played a short solo game, so my findings may be incomplete. But unless before my SGS2 did stay cool and did not heat up as before.

Edit: Just played a couple of games during 2-3h. Battery drain is still there and it is still bad. Even when running with the power-supply connected it drains the battery. The phone also gets quite warm.
General Discussion » Make Your Own Maps - How To Tutorial » Go to message
I tried to connect to 'http://earlyaccess.javaground.com:443/' but just get an error.
Here the battery consumption screen shot when playing uniwar for 2 hours on my SGS2. After 1.5 hours I got a low battery warning and plugged it in. It is clearly visible that the battery level declined further, even if plugged in.

My SGS2 has a 1650mAh battery, the battery drains in a bit more than 1h30. So the phone draws about 1A during that time. 1A at around 4V give 4W of power, no wonder the phone gets very warm. The charger supplies 700mA, so it is clear that playing uniwar can not be sustained as 300mA have to come from the battery, even if plugged in.

Also the graph implies that lots of power goes to the display. This is not true, as I can do other display intensive things, like watch movies with dramatically lower power usage.

axl79 wrote:Uniwar drains a ridicoulus amount of battery on Android.

I want to confirm this. I'm playing on a SGS2 and UniWar drains the battery, even if the phone is plugged in. After a couple of hours of playing the phone switches off due to the battery being empty.

It looks like UniWar on Android is consuming an ungodly amount of CPU.
Forum Index Profile for markus_b »» Messages posted by markus_b