[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: EVR1022
Forum Index Profile for EVR1022 »» Messages posted by EVR1022
General Discussion » only paid undo will work soon » Go to message
I'm willing to test however you'd like, but that match up seems to favor K even with undo. Maybe a tournament map like 'Battering Boats'? It's big, but T can at least go after bases. If it's too spread out they have no chance. In general, I'd favor tournament maps, or at least rated maps that are well-regarded.

Anyhow, I guess it doesn't matter too much if we do mirror. Then we can just compare turns to victory if match up is unbalanced.

I hate KvK, so if that's not on your list it's fine by me

I think a separate topic would be a good idea for this.
  amidama wrote:
  EVR1022 wrote:
  amidama wrote:I can try to translate it to polite english
"i find your statment to be very, very unlikely and would want to see any kind of proofs that you may use to back up your statment. Im so sure that your statment isnt correct that i can bet against it."

Which part? My teammate in 2v2 has never used undo, and he's been 2200-2300 for ages.

And if you'd like to test the other part, invite me to a game.

but you already have the unlimited undo button.
i guess my 2100-ish score is enough to have a significant chance to win against you.
but how can i be sure that you are not using the undo?

You could take my word for it, or I can use my alternate account (EVR1022-S) for which I haven't purchased the undo button. Technically I could still log in / log out, but I won't. And I'll commentate my reasoning for each move, so you can see how I made my decisions.

It'd be an interesting experiment. I would like to refine my estimate of how much of a rating gap the undo button can make up for. Back it up with some data instead of just guessing.

You can pick any map you'd like, but I'd like a mirror for whatever map / race matchup we end up with. We can do 2-3 different maps/race match ups if you'd like.
  amidama wrote:I can try to translate it to polite english
"i find your statment to be very, very unlikely and would want to see any kind of proofs that you may use to back up your statment. Im so sure that your statment isnt correct that i can bet against it."

Which part? My teammate in 2v2 has never used undo, and he's been 2200-2300 for ages.

And if you'd like to test the other part, invite me to a game.
  nindatana wrote:Having a delay each time free-undo is used is interesting and bears exploring. Personally i'd go seconds to minutes though, not hours.

A set number of free undo per day is also interesting, and to my mind more attractive than per use delay. Of course they could both be used at same time.

However neither suggestion address the fundamental imbalance, that haves and have-nots unlevels the playing field. They would make the imbalance more palatable, but not fix it.

I think both suggestions address it. It levels the playing field in any individual game, since undo would be available (either by delay or a certain # per day). Now, if you want to undo lots of times, then you pay for it. Just like you would pay if you want more game slots, or bigger archives. You can play a small number of games at a level playing field with anyone. If you want to play more and remain competitive, then support the devs!

Sidenote - I know players that have reached 2300 w/o undo. Few players are above 2600 even with undo. It has an impact, but it's not the huge impact that some are implying. I'm pretty sure I'd consistently beat a 2000-2100 that's using undo without using it myself. It matters, but tactics and strategy matter far more.
@ Sims, Angkor -

This is an interesting idea. I agree that 20 sec is much too short, and that 6 hours is too long to be practical. I'd say 2 hours for a free undo seems fair. That would allow for up to 5 undos during a tournament turn. That's enough that it's no longer a pay-to-win feature, but still inconvenient enough to encourage purchasing the unlimited, instant undo. Also makes it possible to offer less expensive options. Say, $2 to reduce lag to 1 hour, $4 to cut it to 30 min, $6 to cut it to 15 min.

I do think it's important that there is some way to undo for free. It increases play level by 200-300 ratings point in my opinion.

Another possibility is offering a daily ration of undo tokens for free. Perhaps at midnight every night they would receive five undo tokens. This would have to be done in a way where they cannot save them up over time, just five total per day. Then, perhaps, players could buy the ability to increase that to 10 per day ($2), 15 per day ($4), 20 per day ($6), 25 per day ($8.), and unlimited ($10).
General Discussion » Whould you skip or not in this instance? » Go to message
My policy for 1v1 is that if they can log on, then they can ask for more time if they need it. If they don't, then I usually skip.

Team games are different, as often you are waiting for teammates to respond to your questions / ideas. Also, for me, team games are more for fun so I take them less seriously even in tournaments. But there are still times when a skip is warranted.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.8.87/88 available on Google Play, Amazon & Apple » Go to message
Cool!! Thanks Xavi
New Feature Request » Notes & Grid for 1 v 1 » Go to message
I actually meant for tracking enemy units that are buried.
New Feature Request » Notes & Grid for 1 v 1 » Go to message
Something I think would be useful is to have access to the same grid pattern that's available in team games for all games. Also, having a place to write down notes in a 1 on 1 game would be very useful for keeping track of credits, buried underlings, units outside of vision, etc.
General Discussion » Random ideas for Uniwar » Go to message
4) New mechanics - Interesting ideas that could be implemented with new units and races, or as modifications to existing units that are underpowered.

a) Splash damage - A special ability for an artillery unit (perhaps the battery?). All units surrounding the target would take a small amount of damage.

b) Multiple targets - Another possibility for long-range units: instead of one powerful attack against a single unit, the ability to target 2 units at 50% power. Perhaps a 2-3 turn cool down after use. Or a unit for one of the new races could simply have limited attack power but 2 actions every turn.

c) Pushback - The ability to actually push another unit back one hex with an attack. This would be for a 'tank' type unit with a physical attack (similar to the Pinzer, but since the Pinzer is fine the way it is it'd probably work better for one of the new races). If there is already a unit in the hex behind them, then the target would not be moved, but the unit behind them would take some damage.

d) Arc damage - Similar to splash damage, but for a short range attacker (range = 1). The two units on each side of the target would take a small amount of damage.

That's what I've got for now. Will try to think of more.

Next, ideas for new units & new races when I get time to type them up.
General Discussion » Random ideas for Uniwar » Go to message
This post is just going to be a collection of a bunch of random and incomplete thoughts and ideas about how UniWar can improve moving forward.

Some of these I've discussed with the mods and/or Xavi already. Others I haven't. Just wanted to write them down somewhere for future reference, and so I don't forget them.

[Note: if you want to discuss one of these, please copy & paste that number for reference instead of quoting the entire post. Thanks in advance ]

1) Championship structure - love the tournaments, would like to see some sort of yearly world championship cycle implemented.

One possible structure - 4 major tournaments where the top 2 qualify for a year-end world championship tournament. That year end tournament would be single elimination with 6 games each round (3 different race match ups, each on a different map, with mirrors). The final round would have 12 games (all 6 race match ups, each on a different map, with mirrors).

2) Titles - implementing a way to earn a higher title or rank through both tournament success and rating.

An example, using the titles from chess:

Class D = new players
Class C = 1600+ rating & reaching the round of 256 in a championship tournament three times.
Class B = 1800+ rating & reaching the round of 128 in a championship tournament three times.
Class A = 2000+ rating & reaching the round of 64 in a championship tournament three times.
Expert = 2200+ rating & reaching the round of 32 in a championship tournament three times.
Master = 2400+ rating & reaching the round of 16 in a championship tournament three times.
Grand Master = 2600+ rating & reaching the round of 8 in a championship tournament three times.

Once earned, a title could never be lost, even if you dip below the rating threshold. They would be a permanent acheivement.

3) New class of units - Creating a 'ground medium' class would open up many new possibilities for achieving balance as new units and new races are added.

Example - the Marauder and Speeder, which top players generally agree are the two strongest and most cost-effective units in the game, would be placed in this class. This way, we can balance units against them without upsetting the balance against other ground heavy units. This will be especially useful as more races (and thus more ground heavy units) are added to the game).

More to come, but it appears I've reached the character limit for a forum comment, so the rest will go in the next comment. Perhaps even a third
Sapiens » Marauder wins against titan » Go to message
That's funny. I did almost the exact same thing on that map as Blue Sapien vs Red Titan this week Capped during round 5.

Appreciate the video!
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion February 2016 » Go to message
@apercent - you can +3 gang-up on a ranged attack. Read through the forum thread about gang up bonus - there are 6 spots for +3, and two of them are at a range of 2.
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion February 2016 » Go to message
  Kroeger wrote:I presented your idea to the devs and they like it. You have convinced us it is worth considering. However, right now we are not in a place to implement changes like this. We will re-entertain this idea when we introduce the new units (sadly, we are still a ways off from this). Thank you for offering it. It would make it easier to balance uniwar.

Much appreciated. And I fully understand something like this would take time to implement.
Also, would like to get some feedback from top players on this, which could potentially help balance these match ups.

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2290.page
Forum Index Profile for EVR1022 »» Messages posted by EVR1022