[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Duaneski
Forum Index Profile for Duaneski »» Messages posted by Duaneski
New Feature Request » 18 New units are coming... » Go to message
  The Impaler wrote:
  Xtynct wrote:
  xavi wrote:Yes, 18... You read well! 6 per race, multiplied by 3 races. Is that enough for you ?

You may take this as criticism, but actually I don't think new units are/were needed. They just serve to make the game more complex and convoluted unnecessarily, especially since they are basically not available to everyone. I'm sure some fanboys will shoot me down, but don't let yourself get stuck in an echo chamber that just tells you what you want to hear.

You wanna make more money therefore you're dropping new units; I get it. But I think you should figure out how to better market the game so you can get new users instead. This game is already pretty polished.

xavi no longer owns the game. yes it is to monetize the game but at the top level things are way more interesting. Imagine playing chess with 8 pawns and 7 knights. its boring without complexity. the more options you give people to solve problems, the more strategy can shine. its not about an echo chamber, its about experiencing the game for yourself and discovering. in the past it was "build plasma tanks, place walkers in behind". every single titan game played that way. new units like tankbusters have breathed new life into stale gameplay.

Was not! That was the plan against maybe Saps... but even still you needed speeders for early and mid game ... (I somewhat miss the old Titan endgame and playing against it... esp as Khral)
Bad maps - to be voted out of the rated pool! » Map "The Passage" - first player in advantage » Go to message
  MilanGM wrote:No, you are right. I played it a little bit more, and it IS actually balanced.
It's like you said, it's just not obvious.

Thank you for updating your stance and being so open minded welcome to the community
General Discussion » CTF map making challenge » Go to message
2 weeks is a quick turnaround ... you must be new here :p
Due date has passed... I've received final links from a couple people but I'm gonna be reaching out to each of you to verify your final map.

Once I've got all maps I'll start grading.

I would say expect the final results around 11/1/17 ("two weeks" )
Sapiens » new strategies for combating the krals » Go to message
  Pento wrote:Anyone else has a good strategy vs Khral?

Surrender for victory is not possible against the swarm
User Generated Maps » Bopperopoly rules » Go to message
ideas for bopperopoly with triggers ... I want to build the timer as a cross with all 4 players converging on the middle. Marines instead of boppers. IDEALLY they can only move when you kill an enemy troop. The marines can kill other marines who arrive at the flag first.

Once a marine dies he goes back to the start. THEN triggered on set amount of kills would be a battery that can shoot one time before vanishing .. (they'll appear within range of the timer area). At a certain kill count you get a bopper that appears there and can shoot unlimited ... meanwhile in the arena kills give you credits and at certain points spawn new units. (Assuming ability to restrict building to only bopper.
  uw-sandman wrote:Crap.. I shouldve entered this. Im gonna make one anyways.

You're in! I'll add ya to the list
Guides & Tips » Boarfly: how to defend against it? » Go to message
  GreyWulf wrote:I am currently playing as titans versus khrals. The game was quite balanced, with a good mix of units coming out on both sides. Then the boarfly appeared.
A full health eclipse gets hit for 5 points damage without being able to return fire. That's a 400 point unit designed to combat arial troops.
The speeder takes 6 points.
It seems to hit everything really hard whilst being out of range.
Can anyone suggest a decent strategy for titans versus khrals with this b#@+!?d in the mix? It seems unbalanced to me.

Lotsa mechas.

Honestly, the map needs to be well balanced. But a lot of mechas and speeder is usually my mix (1-2 assimilator ... )

Other than that. Depends on the map.
Bug Reports » Feature Request - Quick replay setting » Go to message
Ah good

Hasn't made it to iOS yet
Bug Reports » Feature Request - Quick replay setting » Go to message
Need somewhere to select replay speed as well.. I'll be totally honest the only way I've managed this is by never watching replays.

But I did get really pissed off today by the double click zoom.
Really a huge pain in the ass when you're clicking on every enemy unit to double check where they can attack ... and trying to go through it quickly.. so the map is zooming in and out while I'm doing it. So I can't see the entire area they can actually threaten.

Anyway. Yes. They should add your check box back in. They should make a menu option for default replay speed that effects the default replay speed for all replays you may watch .. (8x! Good addition!)

And they should fix this double tap thing before I murder a kitten :p
Maybe after this is done, we take the top 3-5 maps and host a little tourney
New Feature Request » Scenario building wish list » Go to message
Resurrecting this cause it's being discussed inchat
New Feature Request » Random race in custom games » Go to message
Good idea
New Feature Request » Diplomacy » Go to message
  Batteries wrote:I support this idea, but I think it would be good if it were contained to a specific game mode like CTF or survive missions. That way true FFA could still exist.

I imagine a check box upon game creation. (Only possible for unranked games)
1 spot left.

9 days until rough draft is 'due'
Forum Index Profile for Duaneski »» Messages posted by Duaneski