[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Michaelrn
Forum Index Profile for Michaelrn »» Messages posted by Michaelrn
General Discussion » Getting more out of the Veterancy mechanic » Go to message
Particularly, I like veterancy the way it is. I would not like to see veterancy giving overpowered effects and/or becoming easy to achieve. Uniwar could be shifted too much to a game of leveling up units and have its current strategic aspect affected.
New Feature Request » Upcoming new Terrains » Go to message
These are great news Xavi! There is a prevision for the release of these new tiles?
Guides & Tips » Gangup bonus » Go to message
  TheDragon wrote:I believe the app store app is out of date with the changes made a few months ago. Willingham's calculator is up to date

The app calculator was updated in July; the last balance update in uniwar occurred some months before, so the app is not out of date.
Guides & Tips » Gangup bonus » Go to message
  Little Omar wrote:So what are the latest (Sept 2016) Gang Up bonus rules? The help documentation is very vague. Is the chart posted above accurate? Can a veteran confirm?

Is this calculator (http://uniwar.willingham.net) accurate?

Yes, the chart above is accurate, considering that the previous attacker attacked in melee range. If you attacked from distance, the following attack will always receive +1 gang up.

This calculator is pretty much accurate. There is an app in the Google play store, unofficial uniwar damage calculator, that I prefer to use, although the difference between both are minimal.
New Feature Request » Quick Translation » Go to message
I approve these translations
New Feature Request » New Race - Sprites » Go to message
You have just read my mind! I was working on new units for each race and I created an ability called "blink" to a Titans unit that works exactly in the same way of sprites' blink
New Feature Request » Let's talk Infector » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:

Thank you for the feedback much appreciated.

I also am not a big fan of the passive ability.

I love the cloud idea. That would be really cool and would maybe deter counter attacks from saps to some extent ...

I feel like at cost 250 you wouldn't have to change the infector much. The race as a whole is considered under powered so would giving them SLIGHTLY cheaper access to heals really swing them to TOO strong in any matchup? I'm skeptical.

I think some of the other ideas are more fun though. So, yeah :p

Defense 4 seems like it might be a good spot ...?

Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of my own idea of the passive plague aura.

About the reduction in cost, I think it should have to come with a downgrade in the repair bonus to don't hurt the balance in KvsT. I never feel myself underpowered when I play as Khraleans against Titans (but sometimes I feel it in the opposite situation).
I particularly would like to see a 200 credit infector with repair rate X2.
New Feature Request » Let's talk Infector » Go to message
I like the idea to use the infector to try to balance the match K vs S. There are some interesting suggestions here that I liked :
- larger radius of plague;
- give it some defense ( 3 would be enough to reliably survive one attack from any unit );
- reduction in the cost ( although it would probably have to get a nerf to the repair bonus too );
- a buff to the infected marine.

And another suggestion : what if the plague ability create a cloud in the area, for the duration of one round, and any Sapiens unit already inside this area or that move into it become plagued? Alternatively the plague can be a passive ability, like an aura around the infector that automatically poison nearby units.
Tournaments » Championship tournaments » Go to message
Capture of friendly bases in a team game count toward the total number of captured bases to be used as a tiebreaker?
New Feature Request » Poll: Option for "no undo" games? » Go to message
The "no undo" could be optional, only available to players to who wants that.

I agree that the undo gives a big tactical aspect, but it also diminishes another one that is the fow. I like the undo but sometimes I would be happy to play a game where fow has a great impact.
New Feature Request » [Poll] [Request] New Race Request: Ignem » Go to message
  LkASr wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:Hauler is totally overpowered, it is equal or better than walker in every aspect and it is also cheaper.

And I think the race needs a 100 credits cost unit with mobility of at least 6 (preferentially 7 or more) or it will be very hard to capture bases and it will be weak on most maps.

comparing to his other units, an overpowered unit is an ok thing as long as he has some kind of underpowered units like his golem (too slow)

in actuality, his army would be underpowered because they're all too slow to cap bases and it'll cost you good credits if you want speed. The Khrals will have no problem killing this race in a few turns

Yeah, so I think that both these aspects should be balanced for the race to be playable. Or it will be too weak in maps in which base captures is an important factor or it will have an insanely powerful walker in other maps.
New Feature Request » Poll: Option for "no undo" games? » Go to message
I would like to see an option to play without undo.
New Feature Request » [Poll] [Request] New Race Request: Ignem » Go to message
Hauler is totally overpowered, it is equal or better than walker in every aspect and it is also cheaper.

And I think the race needs a 100 credits cost unit with mobility of at least 6 (preferentially 7 or more) or it will be very hard to capture bases and it will be weak on most maps.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.9.14 Upcoming minor release » Go to message
I must say that I liked everything about these last 2 updates, specially for the vision reduction of teleported units and for the visibility of adjacent buriedlings

Now I just wait for a balance update to give khraleans some boost against sapiens.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform - Part 4 » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:
  Michaelrn wrote:
  xavi wrote:I want to clarify certain points.

1. First, the reset of the current ladder for score above 2400 to 2400 is likely to happen soon. There is no yearly reset planned.

You mean every one with a score above 2400 will drop to 2400?

That post was from 2015

Yeah, I didn't notice that lol.

This topic came to the recent list and I got confused.
Forum Index Profile for Michaelrn »» Messages posted by Michaelrn