[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: nindatana
Forum Index Profile for nindatana »» Messages posted by nindatana
New Feature Request » Simple solution to unfair games - role reversal challenge » Go to message
+1 for both ideas.
New Feature Request » War fund » Go to message
This sounds like a good idea. I've noticed my primary strategy is often get an extra base as quick as possible. It would be good to be forced t be more adaptable and use variety.
New Feature Request » Minor UI requests » Go to message
+1
General Discussion » Uniwar coins? » Go to message
  serikde wrote:I was curious about the coin stuff and therefore went to the forum. Reading about the undo decided to test it.

Excellent description of the situation. Thank you for taking the time to write it up and share.I

have used undo from time to time, sometimes for strategy, never to destroy fog of war, but mostly because of mistakes like moving a character unintentionally. I feel dirty using it for anything other than fumble fingers.

I wish there were other things to spend coins on, the disabled "support development" for instance. I've bought as many concurrent games as I need and don't see myself using archived games.

I worry the statistics of my coin spending will be interpreted as support for pay-to-undo, so have decided I'm not doing that any more. I'm pessimistic this will have any real effect other than keeping my standings lower than they otherwise might be but its what feels right for me.
New Feature Request » Add setting to only start games with players in same country » Go to message
I've no problem with 17 hours, 25 would actually work best for me personally.

Maybe something like the way "preferred race" works, preferentially matching with people who are active at he same times, based on individual usage patterns. (?)
General Discussion » Tournament has less hours per turn than regular? » Go to message
2-4 months with 12hr turns? Oh wow. I guess I won't be trying any tournaments again for awhile; maybe next winter. No way I can do twice a day spring and summer.
General Discussion » Tournament has less hours per turn than regular? » Go to message
  Apercent wrote:I think that tournament games are 12 hours

Yeah, confirmed here:
http://www.uniwar.com/tournament.page?tournament=beginnersluck

Part of my confusion was not knowing the first round is 24hrs. I saw 23 hrs left while waiting my turn and didn't notice that change to 11 hrs after. Oh well, my opponents will get an easy knockout and advancement to 2nd round. Good luck to them!
Do tournament turns have less hours than regular random games? I signed upfor my first tournament, Beginners Luck, and so far I've had my turn skipped in all of the tourney matches, and its only been around 18 hours since I played last night.
New Feature Request » Add setting to only start games with players in same country » Go to message
I like playing with people in different nations.

It would be nice to choose some of the games by when people are active though. If we're playing at the same time, 2 or 3 games at once is enough for me. If at opposite ends of day 7 to 10 is better.

Time zone or nation isn't a good filter though. Some play in morning, others at night, even when in same zone. One of my favourite opponents is 17 hours different from me, but we're often on at same time.
General Discussion » Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo » Go to message
I'm not sure I understand bit about damage control. Do you mean using undo for the purpose of testing how much damage various attack tactics would acheive and then selecting and "saving" the best one?
General Discussion » Pay system items » Go to message
A pay feature that might be popular and not adversely affect gameplay between those who pay and those who don't: music and sound effect packs.
General Discussion » Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo » Go to message
I agree FOW makes for a richer game.

I think undo for purpose of recon is unethical, is cheating. However I don't know what could be done about that, short of just asking people to be honourable. Perhaps in the beginning through chat like you suggest would keep honest people honest. A repeated system message of same would just flip the ignore bit in people's heads and be counter productive, I think.

If undo had a time cost it might help, e.g. 1st use costs 5min, 2nd ten and so on. However at present this would only affect people using the button, in effect punishing only the honest or broke. From other threads a remedy would have to involve the clients communicate with the the server constantly, or after every in-turn move. A major undertaking.

Sadly I'm beginning to think the best response might be to do away with the pretense that fog of war, and just remove it entirely. At least until such time as undo can be implemented fairly.

General Discussion » How old are you » Go to message
  TheDragon wrote:Wildwest was a total conversion mod of Return to Castle Wolfenstein. We went as far as we could with the quake engine and sadly could not find a good MP game engine to migrate to. (many good ones only suported 4 human players) There's still an active group that play every Sunday afternoon.

OMG Wolfenstein was awesome. We would play in pairs, one controlling shooting and the other movement on a single keyboard. I was disappointed when Wolfenstein 3d didn't pick up any of the original game subtlety like dressing up as SS in disguise and hope to sneak by guards without a fight. (Still spent way too many hours playing it mind you. I just think it was a lost opportunity.) WildWest you say? Hmmmmm.

Edit: turns out I've never played the first Wolfenstein game, I started with the sequel Beyond Castle Wolfenstein.
General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
  Duaneski wrote:This was already possible without the button. The button is sold as a convenience.

Free way is undocumented, I didn't know about it until this thread, surrounded by lurking question of its legitimacy, while paid option is front and centre, clearly supported. Its not the right approach.

Duaneski wrote:If you would like to play some practice games and or get some tips, send me a game invite in game i would be more than happy to share what I know with you! And welcome to Uniwar

I'll take you up on that! Thanks.
General Discussion » Pay system items » Go to message
I'm curious why the "support developers" button is there but disabled.

Being able to buy more concurrent games is good, I'm glad that is there.

Personalization options like changing colours, flags and names are all good ideas. It would cool for units to have badges/arm bands/insignias.

I'm having trouble coming up with other ideas that don't affect gameplay (e.g. see the thread on pay-for-undo)
Forum Index Profile for nindatana »» Messages posted by nindatana