[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: rarebitfiend
Forum Index Profile for rarebitfiend »» Messages posted by rarebitfiend
Guides & Tips » Yet another cheap exploit » Go to message
This has happened to me a couple of times now:

- Person starts a 3-minute game
- I join the game
- Person waits an hour or more to start the game (in one case an hour, in the other at least a day) and I forget about it. In both cases I was checking every few minutes to see if it started yet then lost track when it looked like the game was never going to start.
- I come back to see I was defeated and lost ranking because my turns were skipped 3x.

I'm more than willing to admit it's partly my fault for losing track of the game, but these people (different names both times) obviously have figured out that you can get a free win this way. After all they can wait an unlimited amount of time to start, and if they hold off longer than thirty minutes or so on a 3 minute game it's likely the other person won't be standing by.

So, be warned, and you should probably abandon games that take too long to start. I wouldn't recommend joining short games with folks you don't know at all unless this was fixed. If it even can be fixed.
New Feature Request » POLL- Skip, Kick or Both? » Go to message
All right, a better suggestion that what I offered before:

"Skip Turns" could be another option that is enabled or disabled when you set up a match.

That should make most people happy, right? You don't like to have to "skip", you don't have to play in a game where it's enabled. It's trivial to go set up your own game where it's disabled instead.

You also know what you're getting into going in so you can seek out or avoid multi player games where it's enabled or not.

For example I would leave it on when playing friends and turn it off when playing strangers.
New Feature Request » POLL- Skip, Kick or Both? » Go to message
Suggestion...

If the opponent is rated 1500 or under, you have the option to kick the first time they miss a turn.

If the opponent is rated 1501 and up then they can skip turns as we have it now.

This would let you clear out the "noobs" (hate that word) who join games and then quit but anyone who's actually won a few games will be able to skip a turn when needed. It seems like a good compromise to me.
Forum Index Profile for rarebitfiend »» Messages posted by rarebitfiend