[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Tvetan
Forum Index Profile for Tvetan »» Messages posted by Tvetan
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
I have an Idea for the "Amphibian Unit"
The Amphibian Unit should have to be next to land to be able to use the land ability
The Land Ability wouldnt actually allow the watercraft to move on land but rather across it to another water tile
to activate the ability you simply 1) Move Next to a Body of Water 2)Activate the Ability 3) After activating ability highlight the hexs that you want to travel across, hexs must be linear so from A to B no random paths
~I do not know how fast the unit should travel across the land should it be instant and a cool down? should it have a mobility of 13 while using ability?
Also i think that there should be a attack associated with said ability for instance if the amphibious cross paths with another unit maybe the ambiphibious unit can Trap the opponent in place doing 2 points of damage per turn (If the unit is inflicted with plague then the amount each turn is doubled) sapped unit cannot be controlled until A) Amphibious unit completely saps said unit or B) Said unit is freed by a friendly unit by killing Amphibious unit- also the amphibious unit should have all negative stat bonuses from land terrain except Swamp/Marsh which should give it a significant defense bonus.
If the Amphibious Unit Successfully kills the locked unit then the Amphibious successfully kills the said unit it should be granted the ability to move on land and sea also changing its land tile stat bonuses. Maybe mimicking Infantry Bonuses?
Amphibious unit should have 1-2 Range
Tournaments » Uniwar HD Tourney » Go to message
Thankyou guys; i wish the both of you could go on. however the other match is close to being finished, i apologize for the delay. I thought that having only 4 contestants left i wouldnt rush you guys. After all this is for fun
i will have a 15$ iTunes Gift Card for the winner
Good luck in the finals!
New Feature Request » Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution » Go to message
  lantry wrote: Ideas:
- Dynamic visibility (see farther when standing on mountains, etc.)
Further explanation: a ground unit standing on a plains would not be able to see past adjacent mountains, a ground unit standing on a mountain would be able to see a bit farther, basically making the lines of sight more realistic. This would add a lot more depth to the strategy in this game by allowing players to sneak units around, and by making certain ground even more valuable. Ofc, air units would be (mostly?) exempt from these visibility rules, as they can simply fly over things.

- Chat to players team/global before a game starts
allow the players to chat with each other, so that teams can set up plans, hosts can establish unofficial rules, and much more.

- Possibility to reject invitations
Currently the only way to reject an invite is to accept the invite, then drop out of the game right away.

- Separate ladder for team and 1v1 games
pretty straightforward. Different people are good at different things, and it should be charted this way.

- Show in chatlog who skipped who, who asked for peace, who rejected, etc.

- Categorize players as "trustworthy" the same way as you add "friends". Then show this in profile (number of recommendations)

- Ability to save recordings of online matches
after the match is saved, one of the options will be to save a recording of the game. This would be very useful in discussing strategy and evaluating the balance of the races/units, especially if there is a way to share it online so that everyone can look at them. Perhaps a simple web applet that could load and run recordings?

Each of these would be great additions in my opinion, and very reasonable ones. I love the idea of the terrain affecting visibility; i think it would give a richer experiance to the strategy without disrupting the way the game plays. also would encourage players to make decisions and allow players to more realistically use vision to their advantage "like they say knowing is half the Battle and currently it isn't hard to hide what kind of units you're spitting out allowing a player to Always be able to build 2 unit types without worrying. Maybe Flying units would be affected but a X Percent less then Ground unit?
New Feature Request » Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution » Go to message
1st; Add Custom Decals and Color's
~I personally love the ability to diversify myself from everyone and there's no better way then being able to select your own color comboination. Players should have 3 Custom Slots for color for each race that they could alter in the Account section in Uniwar; the 1st slot would alter "Main Color" ,2nd the "Secondary Color", and the 3rd "Decal Color" and 24-32 Color Options. Which brings me to my second half to this idea. DECALS - decals are symbols that appear on your units, For Example; If you chose the "Skull" for your decal and you were titans a Skull would appear on the hull of your Speeder. The ability to not have a Decal would obviously be available. The Decal choice slot would be right under the Slot to change "Decal Color".
Infantry would not bear the Mark as they're to puny on screen. Also acquiring Decals would be like Acquiring Achievements; For Example; the "Skull" decal would be unlocked after winning 20 games as sapiens. If this were added i would want a broad range of unlockable decals usable by all races ranging in difficulty from "Everyone has it" to "How did you mange that?!?"
2nd; Add New "Credit Patch" to Exhisting Tiles
~Resource tiles would be a normal tile but rich with extra credits to spend on units. resource tiles should only be able to be accumalated with "Healing" units (ie; Assimilator) and after each time of "mining" becoming increasingly saturated, also it takes the move of the "healing" unit each time you exhaust the "credit patch". also the amount each "credit pile" could be altered in the Custom Map Maker along with the amount of turns until pile is fully saturated. This would force players to expand and not turtle, create points of intrest ie; hotspots, and allow more variation in games (For Instance you wouldnt lose a match becasue you let your opening Helicopter die). After a "credit patch" becomes exhausted it reveals the original sprite of the tile; and credit rich tile would look like the the normal tile but would have crystals or some diversifying mark added. Any tile should have the ability to have a credit patch.
QUESTION:One thing im not sure on is should the "healing" unit have to carry the credits harvested back to a base or should they automatically be added to bank? And if the "healing' unit does have to go to a base could he be intercepted by another unit and have his credits drop to be taken?
Hello Everyone; I have a HUGE Announcement for all of you. I am doing public response research on revolutionary new features for Uniwar HD; Xavi has appointed me to get feedback on our ideas (pro's and con's) and even acquire your guy's very own additions to the game. We need thinkers who are not afraid to post their thoughts. The more in depth you go on Your ideas and ours (ie; Mention balancing pro's and con's, how it would add new depth to Uniwar, etc.) the more likly each new addition will be added. Uniwar is all about the community and me and Xavi have been frantically searching for ways to spark the intrest of a large number of players. We want to see a growth of players that are active in community events like tournaments, discussions, and even a "Pro League" of the most skilled Uniwar Players.
THESE IDEAS AND OPINIONS ARE GOING TO BE FREQUENTLY LOOKED OVER FOR GROWTH ON UNIWAR; VAST FEEDBACK FROM EVERYONE IS IMPERATIVE TO SEEING ADDITIONS!!!

Sounds cool; but how can i help?
~ Just post your ideas and point of view; it's as easy as that. each bit of information is critical in the growth and evolution of Uniwar. And who knows, maybe your idea will be agreed upon unanimously and appear in a upcoming update
Well where do I go to post?
~ Uniwar.com/forum.page -> New Feature Request -> Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution
Awesome! Is there any Rules?
Yes and they are as follows-
~Be as thourough as possible; Im not expecting each of you to develope a graph and power point to support the changes/decisions/comments you want to see, but do explain your reasoning. ie; Explain how the new suggested unit balances the game, what help a new feature could provide,or why adding a new resource tile would deepen the strategy of the game.
~ Don't insult or demoralize; there is nothing wrong with disagreement and stating disagreement is agreement is encouraged, but racist or offensive slurs will not be tolerated. IMPORTANT- If i catch a player Verbally Abusing another steps will be taken to suspend or even freeze their account,it will NOT be tolerated as we all have an opinion.
~ IMPORTANT- Keep Your all your ideas in one post, seperate each idea with bullets-that way we can stay organized with thoughts and each players ideas can be easily quoted and reflected.
ie:
1.New Unit
2.Feature Request
3.New Tile
etc.
Hello Everyone; I have a HUGE Announcement for all of you. I am doing public response research on revolutionary new features for Uniwar HD; Xavi has appointed me to get feedback on our ideas (pro's and con's) and even acquire your guy's very own additions to the game. We need thinkers who are not afraid to post their thoughts. The more in depth you go on Your ideas and ours (ie; Mention balancing pro's and con's, how it would add new depth to Uniwar, etc.) the more likly each new addition will be added. Uniwar is all about the community and me and Xavi have been frantically searching for ways to spark the intrest of a large number of players. We want to see a growth of players that are active in community events like tournaments, discussions, and even a "Pro League" of the most skilled Uniwar Players.
THESE IDEAS AND OPINIONS ARE GOING TO BE FREQUENTLY LOOKED OVER FOR GROWTH ON UNIWAR; VAST FEEDBACK FROM EVERYONE IS IMPERATIVE TO SEEING ADDITIONS!!!

Sounds cool; but how can i help?
~ Just post your ideas and point of view; it's as easy as that. each bit of information is critical in the growth and evolution of Uniwar. And who knows, maybe your idea will be agreed upon unanimously and appear in a upcoming update
Well where do I go to post?
~ Uniwar.com/forum.page -> New Feature Request -> Project Evolve-A Community Driven Evolution
Awesome! Is there any Rules?
Yes and they are as follows-
~Be as thourough as possible; Im not expecting each of you to develope a graph and power point to support the changes/decisions/comments you want to see, but do explain your reasoning. ie; Explain how the new suggested unit balances the game, what help a new feature could provide,or why adding a new resource tile would deepen the strategy of the game.
~ Don't insult or demoralize; there is nothing wrong with disagreement and stating disagreement is agreement is encouraged, but racist or offensive slurs will not be tolerated. IMPORTANT- If i catch a player Verbally Abusing another steps will be taken to suspend or even freeze their account,it will NOT be tolerated as we all have an opinion.
~ IMPORTANT- Keep Your all your ideas in one post, seperate each idea with bullets-that way we can stay organized with thoughts and each players ideas can be easily quoted and reflected.
ie:
1.New Unit
2.Feature Request
3.New Tile
etc.
Very honorable of the both of you; you guys are both great Uniwar players and excellent strategist's. Thank you Samruaj especially for being selfless. It's so rewarding to see auch skilled players also display such kindness. And thank you Cpt Hawaiin for having such good sportsmanship and positive influence. i will be posting the outcomes FORSURE today. I have it all ready and typed its just when i get back from class and have time posting it from my PC.
Keep up the good work!
Jon W. Tvetan
Currently im in class; but sortly after i will post in regards to Samuraj's situation, i will update contestants place ments, and i will address the players who have had technical difficulties. Currently i am also conrtucting an organized format to which we can play tournaments more frequently with more productivity and interaction
Im here to Samuraj; it's hard to communicate with all the players at once. thats why i have all of you ina a game in Uniwar. That way i can see when you guy's are on and make sure i can have a word with you. Or vice versa. Also guys if you need to contact me at ANY time at all just Msg me at Tvetan@hotmail.com or make a game against Ludwig or Thanos
Also i have a XBL Gamer Tag and a Steam account if anyone wants to communicate or play some other games, just let me know everyone!
  samuraj wrote: tvetan, did you work on HD with Xavi?

We all worked on HD with Xavi; indirectly of course. We gave him and his brother information to create a better a more polished game that will change and grow based on our feedback. I've given some input but in now way did i assist to create Xavi's game.
Map was posted on top of the matchups it's Forest Walk for all those who didnt see. Sorry if i didnt make it obvious enough :l
Im here guys, im just extremely bent on time. i will be displaying the next ladder in 10min just be patient like you have been (which i really appreciate)
I promise i will not abandon you guys; and once Uniwar HD arrives and i get more time (which im also working direly on) i promise to do everything i can to make this community thrive. i've just been blind sided by work and school lately and those are unfortunately a higher priority at this point in my life; but nevertheless- WE will get Uniwar booming!

NEW TIME RULES
Games last 2 weeks from initial match START time. If a player fails to accept game invite; that player is disqualified after 2 days failing to respond to match INVITE. For example i send Xavi a match invite on 1/15/12 and he doesnt accept, once it hits 1/17/12 (Pacific Time) he is eligible for disqualification. To check for when the match was created go to current games, select the game that you invited your opponent to and look for Created: TAKE A SCREEN SHOT AND SEND IT TO ME!!!!!

IMPORTANT---The new Matchups are EXACTLY where the old ones were on Page 2! GoodLuck!
  WolfCat wrote: I won both games, sent screenshots to Tvetan. Thx to my opponent Dlem, the games were interesting

Congrats on winning WolfCat! Keep it up! Thankyou Dlem for giving your best shot; stick around and root on the contestants!
  samuraj wrote:
  rwieczor84 wrote: congrats samuraj, great played games. i got no chance

and i think if someone did not join games should be eliminated and first player is lucky and advanced for free. ITS OBVIOUS!

thx for interesting game too. You realy play better than your rating is.

And good job on your victory Samuraj!
  rwieczor84 wrote: Tvetan good respond one week longer is ok becouse its christmas and new year time so its dificulty to play for 100%.
Happy NEW YEAR!

Good Job on your match btw Rwieczor84; damn good job. i really appreciate your participation and support. Continue to root on the uniwarriors and stick around. i encourage all the contestants to do the same
Forum Index Profile for Tvetan »» Messages posted by Tvetan