[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: gspy
Forum Index Profile for gspy »» Messages posted by gspy
Bug Reports » Feature Request - Quick replay setting » Go to message
A setting to skip all animations and delays when you replay the oponents turns
(or something like this)

At previous versions of uniwar there was a settings buttons that when selected, the replays of the oponent turn was without the animations and other delays, providing a realy quick overview of the turns.
It had a name like "playback animations" or similar. I don't remember the exact wording.

This button was removed at some point.

Now, in order to see a reply, you need to wait for all turns with their animations.
Especially at team games and with big maps, it is too time consuming to see the replays and make your turn.
You may need more than 10 mins if you have some team games to make your turns.
(example. now takes 1 minute or more for on single player match. With that setting, took approx. 10 to 20 secconds

If you have a lot of games, it is too time consuming to replay all games and make your turns if you are at work/at uni,school,etc
and this prevents you from doing e.g. multiple turns inside the day.
This will improve the gameplay for me, as like to play a lot, but i have small time slots to play.

[I'm talking for the Android version of uniwar for the missing settings button. i do not know for the ios version)

Thanks

(i added the post here instead of the "feature request" as this was a setting removed. Fill free to move or remove the post if not appropriate)
Bug Reports » Bug bounty: find a new bug and receive uni-coins » Go to message
Android 6.0
UMI Super
Uniware 1.12.11

Navigation Menu issue:
The button"Main Lobby" that is available inside the menu of match navigates to another random match.

Steps:
* From the list of online games, select a game entry
* Do you turns.
* At the screen of the game, press the menu button
* Press the main lobby button
--You navigate to a another random match (that ypu don't have currently turns) instead of the list of games screen.

This issue occurs randomly. Mainly when i'm on mobile data (not so fast internet - 3g).
When this issue occur,s i may need to go back and forth and press the Main Lobby button up to 5 to 8 times.
Some times i get the "unsycrhonized" error message after i try the "back and forth" pressing the button.

This is an anoying bug i have with the latests version (appears between the last 2 to 4 updates).

General Discussion » only paid undo will work soon » Go to message
Just my two cents
The previous weeks/months concerns were raised for the paid undo and the balance affect inside the game for players how pay VS players that will not pay.
The counter argument in the forums was "the undo is also free! Here are the steps for free undo. Why you behave like a child? Stop nagging. There is no balance issue"
Now the free undo will be removed.
So .... what next?
General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
  fobos_rus wrote:
If I buy this game from 4$, why I paid for my convenience else 13$!? It's triple more expensive than the game itself!
Aren't you interested that people feel comfortable to play your game?
Devs makes a button UNDO for the price of 1$, but who already buy this game button must be free.

Now i saw more seriously the price for the unlimited undos because i wanted just to support the game.
Realy? 15$ for unlimited undos???? or 2.2$ per 100 undos? for something that as said above many times is "offered" also for free?
Are you seriously going to make uniwar a pay as you go game?
I realy need to meet this marketing guy!

General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
  simsverd wrote:
  gspy wrote: Here we are talking about affecting the outcome of the battle by paying more than the other players.

Adding a button to redo even easier that logging back and forth between accounts is NOTHING new, and a find it very strange that you think it ruins your game.
It will not affect the outcome of the battle by paying more than others - get real, and stop the drama... please...

Sorry for this but i cannot and will never agree to this view.
Because a faulty game mechanism was exposed and used by some players to "bypass" some game mechanics, this does not mean that this bugs is promoted to feature by default.
Not all players (especially the new ones and i beleive the majority of the uniwar community) know it.

I will stop any reply from now on, because it seems that childish replies are provided WITH NO JUSTIFICATION (not all of them were)

... but considering this drama ..... and considering a game exploit a feature ..... THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG PEOPLE!! Please, be serious as a moderator for the good and the future of this game.

and actually YOU DIDN'T GOT THE POINT!!!!

When i said that i have problem with the undo? i always mentioned the PAID (you can read, right? the undo limited to people explicitly paid for this) UNDO!

PS: You can delete this thread. Seriously. O lost any hope for any meaningfull discussion about this and any other game related aspect after the reply from @simsverd who is a moderator.
If you want to expand the community ... please treat the comuunity with respect as the community treats you
  Duaneski wrote:
..... Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.
It's very simple.

Sorry Duaneski but your reply hit a nerve of me!!
This is exact the behaviour and approach uniwar should avoid. This is the exact oposite of what they should do in the uniwar communite. Who gives a shit about shiny buttons? Have you ever played uniwar? Here we are talking about affecting the outcome of the battle by paying more than the other players.

And lastly, is not about the money. I will gladly donate to uniwar if there is such an option. I never saw one. And i will gladly re-purchase the game. Many times. believe me. It was the switch in the strategy from "paid/free" game to "pay to get valuable battle features, probably this is how we will extend the game!" game (this is my own extreme phrasing of the approach used to give my point).
As it concerns the switching of the accounts for the undo i considering this a "bug/cheat/why the hell is not fixed all these years!" than a feature.
It is known in this forums for many years. If not all players know it, this also creates a advandage and it is not fair to be used. The undo button closes this gap at least but not in the way i expected.

xavi wrote:Turn redo is a NECESSARY feature.

One day we removed it. It didn't take a day to receive an overwhelming number of requests to bring it back.

We thought a lot about allowing vs not allowing turn redo. We believe that it is much better to have the redo to allows players to fix their mistakes rather than being unforgiven. It might give a slight advantage but it will NOT transform the strategy of an average player into an expert. It will not tell you which unit to buy and so on... We see that more as a convenience than a game changer.

As i say above i consider the undo at least "fixes" the bug mentioned above, but the paid undo was not the right move in my point of view. I didn't know that this change will come (paid undo) and when i saw it inside th egame i was very frustrated when i realized that if i pay more ... i will be able to win more games.
  Duaneski wrote:
If Xavi goes to the trouble of adding new features to his game, do you feel like you should never have to pay for them?

If he comes up with art work, sounds, and performs testing for new units or new races and wants to be reimbursed financially for that work, would you pay for that?
Nothing was taken away with the introduction of this button. Nothing. Want the new shiny button?? Pay up.

It's very simple.

I appriciate all replies
My post was intended to be a critical view on the "marketing" decission because this was a marketing decision that got me upset and nothing else.

@Duaneski
You realy don't get it.
I have a huge respect to the devs and of course they need to make money. I'm working in the field, so let me now better!

But from your replay ... you just don;t get it or you are too young to get it.
As for the COC example again you don;t get it. i'm sorry. probably you never played the game.
If you carefully read my post i don;t have problem with the addons that are offerend as long as they don't affect the outcome of the battles.
The UNDO is one that affects the outcome. The colors or the extra archived games are not.

As it concerns the "paid once" and "pay again" for the extra materials that you mentioned etc ... yes sure. Just be carefull because this is the exact reason why many games from success become fails in the app market places. And believe me. The defacto in the kind of games paid-once in advance (and uniwar was not the cheapest game at the time) is that you don;t expect to pay more except if there is something like uniwar 2. Uniwar had too slow evolution in the years that can not justify the "re-purchase" of the game. Maybe when the cutsom maps features were introduced were the appropriate time. This is another discussion.

You mentioned Xavi and you made it personal. What i see in my critic is a game and a "company" that offers it. This is not personal and for sure this thread is not supposed to be about Xavi or anyone. If you think you helped with your replay ... believe me, this is what i believe uniwar missed all this years and what is holding the game from being a huge global success. To move from an "indie" game to just a game. With a support from a "team/company" that will involve it instead of the "guys" just "improving" and "mainteining" the game and just strangle to create an income.

Uniwar was/[is?] a great game
I don't know if you have a marketing department but for sure something is wrong.
In order to PAY for undo turns is at least lame.
So, the more you pay ... the more you advance. Great.
I;m player for many years (paid version!) and i will pay again and again.
But NOT in the current situation.
The evolution of the Uniwar game was slow. there were millions channels for income but there were not utilized. This is totally your mistake.
And NOW, the undo feature (an ambiguous feature from the community feedback) is a paid feature.

Thanks for ruining my favorite mobile game.

PS: just the reason why is a different thread. My issue is not the UNDO. My issue is the paid undo on top of the paid game.
Tournaments » Spring freshet: basic rules and registration » Go to message
Is registration still open? If yes:

gspy
score: 2001
Experience more than 3 years
Greece

Good luck to all!

Edit: score corrected, from 20001 to 2001

New Feature Request » 90 day rating reset! Vote in poll » Go to message
[continued]

It will give us a better idea of who the good players REALLY are.
So, you care about the scoring right? and how this will be done if score is reset every 90 days? you will need to have a new ladder of e.g. "Players that finish first on the most '90 days scoreboards'." This is actually a new ladder and will result in the same effect. Cheaters still will finish first.

I didn't want to sound aggressive and sorry for my long reply, but uniwar has problems and these are not the scoring.

Dev team, please fix the existing annoying bugs as the random games and the matching algorithm, and provide more maps and better game management.

The scoring is anyway to 'un-stable' for a casual player. I may go from 1700 points to 2000+ and back because i may lose 15 games in a row or win 15 games. Scoring is a motivation.

If you see the whole mobile gaming ecosystem, there is an demand for global/online scoreboards (just check the comments in the mobile markets). There is a reason for this. If uniwar remove it, will be a step back.

And finally, as for the cheaters, ok. You may lose a game playing with them, but if you are able to identify them, just don't play anymore games with them and make a notice here in forum for their username.
New Feature Request » 90 day rating reset! Vote in poll » Go to message
I vote no and i want to explain why.
Why on earth someone wants to play a game that his score is reset every 90 days? whats the point to have a score in this case? Just remove the whole scoring system.

First, it would piss off everyone who cares too much about their points.
Yes. But you also care about the scoring. You propose to remove the scoring because 'cheaters' score more than you probably.

Second, it would really piss off the people exploiting 3 minute games or team games, or any other exploit that wins them a minimal amount of points.
So, because of cheaters remove features of the game? Remove the cheaters form the system and prevent the exploits of the game.

But in all seriousness, it would deter people to use exploits because they would have to start over in 90 days, and to me it doesn't seem worth it to do all that just for it to get erased in 90 days.
Again, So, because of cheaters remove features of the game? Remove the cheaters form the system and prevent the exploits of the game.

Also it would make the game a lot more competitive. All players will be ranked even at the beginning of the 90 days and it would be a "race".
What you describe as a race should be a tournament. I will vote up for a tournament system that users may start/create/etc.. This will be a good new addition and a request that should be made. To introduce tournaments more often and user driven, because the official tournaments are too rare and for limited players.

Imaging a game like 'angry bird' to reset your score every two weeks! Different games, same concept. Scoring. And also imaging a player of e.g. 2000 score to much up with random games with newbies. will be no fun for both of them.

Yes, there will be really good players matched up with "bad" players at first, but it should even out after a few days when it's obvious those players have more points then most.
A uniwar game may take days to finish (i usually play 24h turn games) and in order to gain some score it may take weeks. So, i will more correctly say ... it should even out after a few months ...
Forum Index Profile for gspy »» Messages posted by gspy