[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: soupnet
Forum Index Profile for soupnet »» Messages posted by soupnet
Bug Reports » Game crashes whole phone » Go to message
I can usually get about 3 or 4 moves into a turn before my whole phone freezes and needs to be reset. I can't trigger it, but it happens reliably. I hadn't played for maybe 6 months or so... I'm not sure when this problem started. The game always has been dubious with the extreme heat and battery drain though.

galaxy s2 gt-i9100 android 4.2.1 cm10. If there's any specific info you need, please ask.
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
OK, I haven't been following this thread so sorry if I'm repeating ideas that have already come up. I don't have specific ideas for units but I do have one point I hope the developers will keep in mind.

I have noticed that as the size of the map scales up, Titans become proportionately over-powered. If there are isolated areas, areas that are slow to walk to due to mountain etc, Titans activate god mode. You could say this comes down to map design but now we have the ability to create our own maps it would be nice if the game design allowed for more flexible map design. Honestly I'd love nothing more than to play on massive maps four times the size of the current maximum, with 8 players. That would be epic... even if the game takes months to complete.

I have nothing against Titans, I just think their power scales too well with the size of the map compared to the others. While I don't suggest removing or nerfing teleport, I do think that the new units should help the other races scale up with the map in a similar way.

I think transport units are an absolute "must have".
New Feature Request » Map Editor allows neutral bases. » Go to message
These features are almost identical to the post I made in the WRONG request forum (site feature request). Glad to see I wasn't the only one who picked up on these things.

In addition, the ones I mentioned that weren't listed here were:

- Default to the "move screen" control instead of the "delete stuff" control when opening the editor.
- Editor buttons are difficult to select and overlap each other.
- Ability to save multiple maps
- Collect map statistics (times played per user, times played by all users, win / loss, etc)
- Ability to sort maps by statistics (most popular, highest rated, newest)
- Search map by author (or link from profile to created maps)
- When editing, the map's edge should be the edge of the placed tiles to keep the map automatically centered

I think if we can't test maps, at least we should be able to update them. The junk maps are gonna pile up.

I don't agree with 'all units addable' unless you're planning on making some kind of campaign map, aside from the basic dude, the other units don't have direct equivelants (i.e. one tank does not equal one plasma). I would put single player campaign stuff to the bottom of the heap.
Bug Reports » Drains batteries on android » Go to message
I'm finding the battery life to be slightly better since upgrading to Uniwar HD, but it's still very bad. Uniwar uses much more battery than my screen and the rest of the OS combined.
At least it doesn't make my phone sizzle anymore.
Bug Reports » Map editor: can set max players less than number of bases » Go to message
In the map editor, you can set the number of players to 2, even after you've placed bases for more than 2 players.
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Map editor feature requests » Go to message
Edit: Sorry, I just noticed I posted this on the site feature request forum. Feel free to close or delete it. I will repost in the correct place.

Hi, here are a few features I'd like to see in the editor:

- Ability to place unclaimed/contested bases!!!!
- Default to the "move screen" control instead of the "delete stuff" control when opening the editor.
- Editor buttons are difficult to select and overlap each other.
- Ability to save multiple maps
- Ability to TEST your maps before publishing (it's difficult to assume that your map will be balanced and paced properly without trying it out)
-OR- Ability to overwrite/delete your previously published maps with new versions (it's gonna get very poluted in there)
- Collect map statistics (times played, etc)
- Ability to rate maps
- Ability to sort maps by statistics
- When editing, the map's edge should be the edge of the placed tiles to keep the map automatically centered

Bug Reports » Minor defect: main lobby background repeats unevenly » Go to message
This is only a very minor presentation issue. About 9/10ths down the screen in the background you can see 1 uneven spacing between the lines. I'm guessing its where the background repeats.

I'm on SGS2.
Bug Reports » map editor freezes on symmetry confirm screen » Go to message
Certain screens in the map editor screens cannot be interacted with and require a forced exit from the game.

So far I have noticed this for:
- symmetry button notification
- the publish map: "map already exists" error screen
- a couple of other random screens I bumped into along the way

I'm on Android 2.3.4 SGS2.
Bug Reports » Drains batteries on android » Go to message
I just bought the Android version for SG2S. I can't believe how hot this game made my phone. The battery went from half charge to dead in my half hour train ride. I can normally go two days without charging my phone.

This is a major defect. I won't be able to play again until its fixed. Don't get me wrong, I love Uniwar, but I would advise everyone to stay away from the Android version unless you want to cause permanent damage to your phone and battery. It's a very lazy port from the iPhone.
Bug Reports » Black screen on exiting in-game chat » Go to message
OK, so it happened about 5 times yesterday and I decided to give reinstalling a try. I can now play single player again, since my campaign data has been wiped, but the black screen still comes up after exiting chat (sometimes). It's already happened twice since I reinstalled.
I've seen this happen another 3 times since I posted this yesterday.
I've had this problem quite a bit, around 5% of the time. If I go to the white screen with the keyboard while in a game, sometimes when exiting that screen, whether I've typed anything or not, the screen will go black and stay black. If I've typed comments I find after rebooting that they were actually submitted.

I haven't really asked anyone else in game if they've ever had this problem but I've been seeing it since version 1. The game has been upgraded twice but I have never tried deleting it and reinstalling.

iPhone firmware: 3.1.2
Uniwar version: 1.0.5

General Discussion » Ranking Poll: Separate Ranking for 1 vs. 1 and Team matches? » Go to message
I enjoy playing team games but I find myself infuriated when I'm teamed up with noobs who quit half way, don't take their turns, don't communicate or listen, turtle in their corner while you take on the other team for them, or would rather their team mate lose a base than take damage to one of their units.

I think two separate ratings are a great idea.

"Whatever you do, don't move tha.... oh you moved it. Well that's ok we can recover just make sure you.... oh you didn't listen again. Hold on, I'll send some backup. How many credits do you have? Hello? ..... Hello?"

Your team mate surrendered.

-20 rating
Bug Reports » Timeout for ending turn » Go to message
Hi, there doesn't appear to be a timeout for attempting to end your turn. If it doesn't get through the network the game will hang indefinately and needs rebooting.

Well, that or the timeout/retry is longer than my patience.

Anyone else experience this? It's happened to me quit a few times.
New Feature Request » In-game chat icon alerts » Go to message
Yeah after playing the game for a while (and loving it!) the chat icon is quite obvious to me. I think for noobs though the chat symbol should flash/pulse/glow/something. I have learned to wait for messages to come through in team games, but unfortunately the people I'm playing with complain that they didn't see my messages before they had made their moves.

If it really does compromise transmission times to send chat data then fair enough. It would be great if they could find a way though.
Forum Index Profile for soupnet »» Messages posted by soupnet