[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: twilightdusk
Forum Index Profile for twilightdusk »» Messages posted by twilightdusk
New Feature Request » Increase power of titan's teleport » Go to message
To me, the Teleport ability feels like a way to let bases at the edge of large maps be useful, since you can have the bases make mechas or eclipse, then teleport them near your main force as opposed to taking many more turns marching them over land. It can also be helpful to mass troops at a location in advance of a surprise attack.

I agree that it's suicide to just teleport a unit onto the frontlines, but unless that was the stated purpose of teleport, I don't think that's how you're supposed to use it. In fact, I think the devs made it so that you're disabled for a turn after the teleport specifically to prevent that from happening: imagine how matches would be like if Titans could teleport in a fresh wave of mecha reinforcements every turn while any other race needs to march their units up from their bases to the frontlines.

I should add that the teleport ability also allows for an easy retreat if a unit gets heavily damaged on the frontlines.
New Feature Request » multi-bot games in offline mode; load user maps » Go to message
  waxoid wrote: Changes to units have to consider impact to game balance at high levels of play... for example, having healers convert all enemy units and not just a specific race's would be pretty unbalancing.

Granted I'm a newbie, so maybe there's some nuances I'm missing, but it seems to me that because of those support units, there's a clear Rock Paper Scissors going on with the races, where Sapiens > Titans > Bugs (can't remember the spelling) > Sapiens

Unless I'm missing something, like Titan units being otherwise very effective against Sapien units, it seems as though it would make things more balanced to let the support units just blanketly convert any enemy units.
Forum Index Profile for twilightdusk »» Messages posted by twilightdusk