[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: frenchie
Forum Index Profile for frenchie »» Messages posted by frenchie
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rules and registration » Go to message
I never realised all this was going on in the Forum. Sorry, bit slow. Should've read the rules. Talone, I'm not sure if my opponent confirmed we started our games. They were good fun and frenchie won all four.
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rounds and statistics » Go to message
Ah that was it Schambleton. Frenchie bt Schambleton in all 4 games
Tournaments » The Beach Wars: rounds and statistics » Go to message
Sorry forgot to record results but frenchie won all 4 games against a Spanish chap, terribly nice fellow but I didn't catch his name. Good games.
Tournaments » dan1 tourney 5 » Go to message
At last, frenchie bt starryblink 19 rounds.
Starryblink bt frenchie 23 rounds. So one a piece.
Looks like laughing sir has not posted his result. He beat frenchie both games, round 12 and round 14.
Ok Dan, have a result at last.
Frenchie (saps) bt flyinghigh (titans) 8 rounds.
Frenchie (titans) bt flyinghigh (saps) 8 rounds.
General Discussion » Changes are coming to uniwar... » Go to message
Have you ever considered adding ZOC (zone of control) and supply lines to the rules. I suggest an interesting concept as follows:-
If a unit cannot trace a supply line free of enemy ZOC it cannot heal damage until it is back in supply.
Now a unit can remain in supply if it has a friendly unit adjacent that negates enemy ZOC. But as soon as a unit is isolated (no friendlies adjacent) and is flanked either side by enemy ZOC it becomes out of supply and can no longer receive replacements until it regains its supply line. A supply line is a route across land of any distance clear of enemy ZOC back to a friendly base. Supply lines across sea could be possible but would need to have at least one naval unit on the map.
This makes great tactics. These rules used to be used in Avalon Hill hexagonal war games.
What do the makers think?
I would be interested to know.
Thanks for clarifying Dan. Apologies for the confusion. Although I think your mirror rule is more interesting with opposing races. Good luck everyone
Flyinghigh hasn't shown yet. I've invited the player. Ggleb got confused with the rules and tried to play a same race game, but we're getting there. Slow start.
Not sure what happened, my post is not there anymore. I'm up for a tournament. Just let me know what to do next.
Ok Dan, frenchie has arrived. Drop me in if you get the chance.
Forum Index Profile for frenchie »» Messages posted by frenchie