[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: capncristo
Forum Index Profile for capncristo »» Messages posted by capncristo
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform - Part 2 & 3 » Go to message
No custom ladder = no ranked team games = uniwar become a much worse game.

Ranked Team Games are a must.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
But why even bother with people who artificially inflate their score?
They'll end up playing games vs. better talented players, and quickly come back to earth.
There's no long play in artificially inflating, no need to change the entire system to prevent an insignificant happening.
This is like trying to fight currency inflation by banning any money exchange outside a bank.

On the flip side, the incentive of a few insignificant score PTS gained or lost in an honest team game is necessary.
I just don't feel the same tickle in unranked games, and I generally play 3v3s vs players right at the 2000 lvl.
What's New in the Latest Updates » Rank Reform » Go to message
Gents,

Several thoughts:

1. I'd also happily pay a few bucks more to support the dev team. This game is tremendous. Would love to help support.
2. We've got a MAJOR issue: the current inability to play ranked team games is keeping me up at night. In my humble opinion, Team Games are Uniwar's bread and butter - but unranked? It's like a turkey sandwich with no turkey, no mayo. It's just not the same.

In conclusion, please bring back ranked Team Games.

Thank you.
Tournaments » Spring freshet: basic rules and registration » Go to message
CapnCristo
28 months
General Discussion » El-Mo the best there ever was? » Go to message
Is El-Mo the best map builder out there, or is El-Mo the best map builder out there?

I'd like to honor this great man for his contributions to the Uniwar community.

(Would love to try, and fail, to give him a run for his money - if an iPhone map editor was released.)

ALL HAIL EL-MO
General Discussion » Will Custom Maps Be Available For Ranked Matches? » Go to message
Maybe I'm missing something (quite likely, in fact), but I can't seem to use any of the user-generated maps in a Rated Game. Currently on my iPhone there are something like 1025 available maps, but only 21 of them are available for Rated matches - all but 1 of them were included in the game's initial release (how was that 1 user-created map approved for Rated matches??).

I absolutely love this game (thus far I've recruited 4 real life friends to purchase/play), but I much prefer to play rated/ranked matches, and it's getting a little stale recycling the same 20/21 maps.

Is there any plan for ultimately enabling custom maps in ranked play? (ie. if a map gets enough upvotes, does it pass-through to rated acceptability?) Am I missing something, and is it currently possible?

For that matter, on the off chance that there is nothing in the works, I'd suggest releasing an 'official' map-pack expansion for a few dollars - I'd happily pay for some more ranked maps, and I'd imagine that the developers probably deserve a few extra dollars given all the hours of enjoyment I've derived from this sensational game.

Thanks for your input, guidance, advice.
General Discussion » Skipping etiquette » Go to message
I wanted to hear your thoughts on turn skipping.

I've been literally obsessed with this game for the last 4-5 months.

One phenomenon that I just don't understand, however, is when people complain about getting skipped in matches.

Turn limits are clearly posted/displayed on each game, each player agrees to abide by these limits when joining each game. Et very so often, a player misses his turn, gets skipped, then belatedly comes back and whines in the game's general chat.

I'd hate to take an unfair advantage - I play this game because I enjoy the competition - but at the same time, it seems selfish to expect multiple opponents to wait on you when you've exceeded your agreed-upon turn length.

Am I missing something? What's the UniWar community's perspective?

Thanks.
Forum Index Profile for capncristo »» Messages posted by capncristo