[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Star Driven
Forum Index Profile for Star Driven »» Messages posted by Star Driven
What's New in the Latest Updates » Bad things about the new update, 1.3.0? i think that is it.. » Go to message
There is a separate ladder for team games coming soon.
New Feature Request » Ranking System » Go to message
  arknw229 wrote: Wat i want in the update is a game type where you cant leave the app or wait a few hours, so the game moves much faster. sometimes i have 20 minutes and i want to play a game, but constantly reloading the current game page waiting for the other player to go is agonizing. Sometimes it works, like when i only have a few minutes every now and then, but i want to see a game list of quicker games.(maybe a choice? game speed: slow / fast)

Also, I would like the ranking to be more like the starcraft ranking system, instead of this vague number system, where a losing streak can make you lose 100 or more points. i want leagues (bronze, silver, gold? A, B, C? underling, light, heavy, ranged? any ideas would work)

Regarding your issues with games moving slowly, you can always take part in a 3 minute or 10 minute game. As for the Starcraft ranking system, all the details behind that are incredibly complex and haven't been publicized to explicit specificity by Blizzard. Leagues, however, are an interesting suggestion (:
How to make the uniwar.com website better » Topic order? » Go to message
Pay attention to all of the threads after the first 7 in General Discussion. The first 7 all have different icons; they have been stickied, or designated to remain at the top. The rest, all with the same icon, are in chronological order.
Within the forums, threads are ordered by the date of the latest reply to them. Is this not what you are looking for?
What you're looking for may be found in the link "Recent Topics," found at the top of the forum page.
General Discussion » ? Veteran Status 11 » Go to message
No, this was in no way a hack or a cheat. Veterancy is part of the game. It allows units to have up to 12 maximum health, which is represented by a bar for each extra point. Veterancy is gained by acquiring experience on a specific unit. As a unit racks up kills, it will accumulate experience, and once enough is gained it will obtain veterancy. The catch is, however, a unit of high cost killing a unit of low cost will gain much less experience than a unit of low cost killing one of high cost. For example, when an Underling kills a Walker, it will immediately gain some verterancy. A Walker, however, has to kill quite a few Underlings in order to achieve veteran status.
Bug Reports » Available to not working » Go to message
Setting 1 "Available to:" is also for random games. It's a bit redundant, and is going to be removed in the next update, to my knowledge.
Bug Reports » Available to not working » Go to message
The available to option is meant to disable/enable other players starting random games with you. By "invites," I am assuming you mean players are sending you games with the option of joining or not. These are not random games, but custom games created by someone who has your username and is inviting you to the game specifically.
General Discussion » How to get a reward power increase? » Go to message
As units destroy opposing units, they gain experience. The trick is, however, that a lower-cost unit destroying a unit of higher cost will gain more experience than a unit of high cost killing one of lower cost. For example, if an Underling kills a Walker, it will gain veterancy, or as you said, a "power increase." On the other hand, a Walker would have to kill very many Underlings just to gain enough experience for one point of veterancy. When enough experience is gained, the bar will appear on top of the unit, and it will grant one extra point of maximum health per bar (the limit is 2 extra, or 12 total health.)
New Feature Request » Limit spamming of new games » Go to message
  thethanx wrote: Ah, I thought i lost that game before I moved... I think I've fallen into this sort of trap several times.

It's infuriating, is it not? I really don't understand the purpose of 3 minute and 10 minute games. If the player is online they are going to be taking their turns anyway. All these time limits have caused are pain and aggravation (In my experience).
Bug Reports » Black screen on exiting in-game chat » Go to message
  dingo wrote:
  Star Driven wrote: Reinstalling does nothing, I've seen it occasionally and I believe it's just a bug.

I'll direct you to this original comment:

soupnet wrote:The game has been upgraded twice but I have never tried deleting it and reinstalling.

So they have never attempted to reinstall. I've known several applications which spontaneously have files become corrupt, which very likely could have happened in this case.

I'm unsure of why exactly you would dismiss a standard troubleshooting step for anything technology related, and considering it takes all of 5 minutes, if anything it's 5 minutes wasted and knowledge gained that there likely isn't something wrong with the install, but elsewhere on the phone.

Yeah, i guess it was my bad for not mentioning that I had already tried reinstalling, without it working. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
New Feature Request » Potential New Feature: Cancel and REDO Turn » Go to message
wouldn't this allow players to make a move that would be illogical normally, but gain them lots of map vision, and then undo the turn and play based on that new knowledge?
New Feature Request » Allow one player to take multiple armies on the same account » Go to message
I love it, it could add some new depth to the game.
Bug Reports » Black screen on exiting in-game chat » Go to message
Reinstalling does nothing, I've seen it occasionally and I believe it's just a bug.
New Feature Request » Separate income from # of bases held » Go to message
  TrollTwo wrote:

Or, if you aren't going to add some sort of resources, then make it so bases require upkeep and you actually make LESS money for each base you hold.

If that were in effect, games would never really end. Just back and forth capturing of bases. I like it the way it is, you always need to keep in mind the state of your own bases, and protect them as well as attacking.
Forum Index Profile for Star Driven »» Messages posted by Star Driven