[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: xEPSILON9x
Forum Index Profile for xEPSILON9x »» Messages posted by xEPSILON9x
New Feature Request » Possible Race Idea (Rouges) » Go to message
Are they really a race though? They would basically be anarchistic sapiens. Not that it makes any difference, just me over speculating it.
New Feature Request » New Races » Go to message
  savior59 wrote: More races sound like fun.. And I think it would all be for the better! 5 Races could easily be balanced in the game (Convert 2, Get converted by 2, neutral with 1).

Exactly!
New Feature Request » New races for better game balance » Go to message
There is also talk of new units for the existing races. Maybe that could even it out a little.

See "Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas!" for details
New Feature Request » New races for better game balance » Go to message
(This is something I posted on a similar thread, it just works here too. See "If a new race had to be added..." or "New Races" for more Info.)

I'd honestly like to have both the Rogues and the Aliens. They both sound like cool additions, and 5 races would probably be easier to balance out then 4. (At least I would think so.) With 5 races it could be a system where each race is more advantaged against 2 races, and is more disadvantaged against the other two. The same situation would apply to the conversion of units. This could also be done without changing the balance of the original 3, which I don't see happening with 4 races. Anyway this is roughly how I think it would work:

~Sapiens~
[Advantages]
•Sapiens = Sapiens
•Sapiens > Khraleans
•Sapiens < Titans
•Sapiens > Rogues
•Sapiens < Aliens
[Conversions]
•Sapiens < Khraleans (Infect)
•Sapiens > Titans (Reprogram)
•Sapiens < Rogues (Bribe)
•Sapiens > Aliens (Recruit)
~Khraleans~
[Advantages]
•Khraleans < Sapiens
•Khraleans = Khraleans
•Khraleans > Titans
•Khraleans < Rogues
•Khraleans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Khraleans > Sapiens (Infect)
•Khraleans < Titans (Assimilate)
•Khraleans > Rogues (Infect)
•Khraleans < Aliens (???)
~Titans~
[Advantages]
•Titans > Sapiens
•Titans < Khraleans
•Titans = Titans
•Titans < Rogues
•Titans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Titans < Sapiens (Reprogram)
•Titans > Khraleans (Assimilate)
•Titans > Rogues (Hire)
•Titans < Aliens (Reassemble)
~Rogues~
[Advantages]
•Rogues < Sapiens
•Rogues > Khraleans
•Rogues >Titans
•Rogues = Rogues
•Rogues > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Rogues > Sapiens (Bribe)
•Rogues < Khraleans (Infect)
•Rogues < Titans (Hire)
•Rogues > Aliens (???)
~Aliens~
[Advantages]
•Aliens > Sapiens
•Aliens < Khraleans
•Aliens < Titans
•Aliens > Rogues
•Aliens = Aliens
[Conversions]
•Aliens < Sapiens (Recruit)
•Aliens > Khraleans (???)
•Aliens > Titans (Reassemble)
•Aliens < Rogues (???)

I haven't worked out many details, but I hope you get the basics of what I'm saying.
  Toss wrote: After a short break Im back and I really dont like what I see here.

Dont add any new races, You should work on better balance of these three and after the perfect balance will be real.. dont add any more races, because It will be really hard to balance three perfectly balanced races with a new one.

Better balance.. please!

This is why I'm suggesting adding two, not one. Five races can be balanced relatively easily, compared to four races, which I think would be difficult to balance.
New Feature Request » Improvements to chat, please... » Go to message
  Monkey Borg wrote: I've seen simsverd suggest this elsewhere, but I think that team chat should be available before the game begins.

...and i'm not sure why people would vote against clickable urls, but i was being snarky when i added the option "it's about killing, not chatting" and I hope that i never find one of you on my team...

LOL. peace is the time when you reload your weapon, which applies to the chat just as well.
I'm not really sure how that posted twice... I only pressed submit once.
(This is something I posted on a similar thread, it just works here too.)

I'd honestly like to have both the Rogues and the Aliens. They both sound like cool additions, and 5 races would probably be easier to balance out then 4. (At least I would think so.) With 5 races it could be a system where each race is more advantaged against 2 races, and is more disadvantaged against the other two. The same situation would apply to the conversion of units. This could also be done without changing the balance of the original 3, which I don't see happening with 4 races. Anyway this is roughly how I think it would work:

~Sapiens~
[Advantages]
•Sapiens = Sapiens
•Sapiens > Khraleans
•Sapiens < Titans
•Sapiens > Rogues
•Sapiens < Aliens
[Conversions]
~Khraleans~
[Advantages]
•Khraleans < Sapiens
•Khraleans = Khraleans
•Khraleans > Titans
•Khraleans < Rogues
•Khraleans > Aliens
[Conversions]
~Titans~
[Advantages]
•Titans > Sapiens
•Titans < Khraleans
•Titans = Titans
•Titans < Rogues
•Titans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Titans > Rogues (Hire)
~Rogues~
[Advantages]
•Rogues < Sapiens
•Rogues > Khraleans
•Rogues >Titans
•Rogues = Rogues
•Rogues > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Rogues < Titans (Hire)
•Rogues > Aliens (???)
~Aliens~
[Advantages]
•Aliens > Sapiens
•Aliens < Khraleans
•Aliens < Titans
•Aliens > Rogues
•Aliens = Aliens
[Conversions]
•Aliens < Rogues (???)

I haven't worked out many details, but I hope you get the basics of what I'm saying.
(This is something I posted on a similar thread, it just works here too.)

~Sapiens~
[Advantages]
•Sapiens = Sapiens
•Sapiens > Khraleans
•Sapiens < Titans
•Sapiens > Rogues
•Sapiens < Aliens
[Conversions]
~Khraleans~
[Advantages]
•Khraleans < Sapiens
•Khraleans = Khraleans
•Khraleans > Titans
•Khraleans < Rogues
•Khraleans > Aliens
[Conversions]
~Titans~
[Advantages]
•Titans > Sapiens
•Titans < Khraleans
•Titans = Titans
•Titans < Rogues
•Titans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Titans > Rogues (Hire)
~Rogues~
[Advantages]
•Rogues < Sapiens
•Rogues > Khraleans
•Rogues >Titans
•Rogues = Rogues
•Rogues > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Rogues < Titans (Hire)
•Rogues > Aliens (???)
~Aliens~
[Advantages]
•Aliens > Sapiens
•Aliens < Khraleans
•Aliens < Titans
•Aliens > Rogues
•Aliens = Aliens
[Conversions]
•Aliens < Rogues (???)

New Feature Request » If a new race had to be added... » Go to message

~Sapiens~
[Advantages]
•Sapiens = Sapiens
•Sapiens > Khraleans
•Sapiens < Titans
•Sapiens > Rogues
•Sapiens < Aliens
[Conversions]
~Khraleans~
[Advantages]
•Khraleans < Sapiens
•Khraleans = Khraleans
•Khraleans > Titans
•Khraleans < Rogues
•Khraleans > Aliens
[Conversions]
~Titans~
[Advantages]
•Titans > Sapiens
•Titans < Khraleans
•Titans = Titans
•Titans < Rogues
•Titans > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Titans > Rogues (Hire)
~Rogues~
[Advantages]
•Rogues < Sapiens
•Rogues > Khraleans
•Rogues >Titans
•Rogues = Rogues
•Rogues > Aliens
[Conversions]
•Rogues < Titans (Hire)
•Rogues > Aliens (???)
~Aliens~
[Advantages]
•Aliens > Sapiens
•Aliens < Khraleans
•Aliens < Titans
•Aliens > Rogues
•Aliens = Aliens
[Conversions]
•Aliens < Rogues (???)

I haven't worked out many details, but I hope you understand what I'm saying.
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
I would like to see some variants on the infantry units, That way you could capture bases not connected to the main land mass, without having to use the mecha's teleporting.

<Sapiens>
Nav al: Marine Divers. They would have that ability to dive below the waters surface, fulfilling the want for a submarine, be able to capture ports, and (possibly) have the ability to walk on land. They would be identical to regular marines in the other ways. Another option is that they permanently become regular marines when they step on land. Cost at 100.

Arial: Marine Paratroopers. They can be picked up and dropped off by copters. One copter can hold 2 paratroopers at a time. To release the paratroopers, you would choose a "drop" option and you would pick one marine paratrooper (if it is holding two) and choose an adjacent space to place the MP. You could do that to both MPs (if holding 2) in one turn. There would be a cool down time after an MP is dropped. If a copter is destroyed, so is any passenger it was carrying. Cost at 100.

<Titans>
Naval: Mecha "Jet-Stream". Similar to the Marine diver, but much faster & more powerful (then a regular mecha as well). Doesn't have the ability to transfer to land but could dominate the sea if used wisely. Cost at 150-200.

Arial: Drone? Sky-Runner? Considering they have the teleporting ability, the need for a "paratrooper" unit would be redundant. This would be a good time to give them an offense based air unit. A jet like thing perhaps? It needs to be badass, that's just a requirement. Fast and packs a serious punch, but relatively easy to destroy. Cost at 400-600.

<Khraleans>
Naval : Hydra. A massive sea serpent with multiple heads. Massive attack strength and defense strength, decent mobility. Range of 1, cost at about 1000. Would have the ability to submerge underwater.

Arial: Overling? An Underling with wings. Haven't thought into it much. Should probably be a little weaker then regular Underlings. Cost at 100-150.

Marine Divers and Mecha "Jet-Streams" (still working on the name) can detect submerged units adjacent to them, and since they're cheap, this would keep them from being undetectable, even on large sea stages. The Khralean Hydra can detect submerged units up to 2 or 3 spaces away, considering it's much more expensive.

On a side note I would like to see beach, highway, and bridge spaces. Possibly Oil rigs (Funds only) and Radar Towers (which would illuminate a large area of fog upon capture, and give funds.)

I would honestly like to hear anyone's thoughts on these unit ideas.
Forum Index Profile for xEPSILON9x »» Messages posted by xEPSILON9x