[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: rolando
Forum Index Profile for rolando »» Messages posted by rolando
Bug Reports » Random attack factors are very annoying and dont work right » Go to message
You guys are smarter than the average bear!

Looks like what you brought up is true. It's impressive that you figured it out.

Just to clarify, the random factor is supposed to be on a per attack basis. But to prevent cheating a seed a sent by the server so that players could do not re-do the same attack between the same units to gain better results. Instead the seed is randomly determining the kind of outcome you'll have during your turn (so pretty much what lion37 said).

Now that we know about this we are taking steps to fix it and to make it random for every attack.

Kudos to lion37 for having a keen eye!
Khraleans » Unable to infect a marine. » Go to message
aepryus, that is the expected behavior. The idea is if a unit is capturing a base you have to destroy them.

GameShaman, I see what you did there! lol
General Discussion » Credits cheat » Go to message
Thanks for the game name. Could you also tell me what round you are on currently?
Bug Reports » Can't start a new random game » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: This is still happening to me as of today. However, I still find it annoying that I join 3 random games in a row w/ the same person and they Surrender at the beginning of all 3. Then I have to take the time to delete the games and join new ones. This happens 80% of the time.

For the issue at hand (message says you have no slots when you actually do) could you provide your username? That way we can try to figure it out on our end.

Thanks.
Bug Reports » Error Connecting To Network on just one single game only » Go to message
The server has been updated. Try ending your turn now.
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.4 iPhone » Go to message
UniWar v1.0.4 is out!!
What's New in the Latest Updates » v1.0.4 iPhone » Go to message
  Anonymous wrote: Is there any chance of making "skip turn" optional? Or doing something to make it easier to get rid of players who dropped out of games without having to wait out 3 cycles? This is really a huge problem with 1 and 3 day games.

There is actually a poll running in a different post regarding the skip feature. Please vote and offer your personal thoughts on the subject.
New Feature Request » PUSH ! » Go to message
Yes we are working on push notifications for UniWar. We hope to have it ready very soon.

Stay tuned.
Bug Reports » Error Connecting To Network on just one single game only » Go to message
We found out the problem and are working to get the fix on the server as soon as possible.

For your information there was a discussion some time ago regarding validating actions between client and server to help prevent the possibility of someone hacking the client and making illegal moves. This issue is the result of a special case in the validation:

If a Titan Assimilator kills an enemy unit using "Detonate UV" and then tries to move another unit around the location of that enemy unit the move is legal, but the server considers it illegal because it erroneously takes into account the ZoC that the enemy unit had before being killed (so it thinks your unit should not have been able to move 2 spaces around the enemy unit due to the ZoC and produces an error).

We can delete those games for you if you wish or wait until the fix is ready.

We are looking into what is causing the problem.
New Feature Request » REQ: Can we have a poll about skip turns? » Go to message
  lion37 wrote: I am currently playing a free-for-all war in FullPlanet.
The player next to me does not play his turn and gets skipped.
I assume that he is out of the game and move my forces somewhere else and redeploy.
Next turn he comes back into the game and launches a full attack on my forces that are now out of position.

Does this seem fair to you?

I consider this almost as bad as cheating. Not only did that player make 7 other player wait 24 hours for him so that we could skip him, now he comes back and gets a bonus for his bad behaviour.

Please! Please! Cancel the skip turns or make it optional.

Not to sound rude, but in terms of game play there is no difference between a player ending their turn making no movements (just auto repair) and a player getting skipped (which is no movement with auto-repair). The difference is psychological; the mistake was in the assumption. Personally I do not see it as unfair because I do not know whether that player purposefully waited for the time to run out in order to be skipped or if he/she was not available in time to take their turn.

I have been skipped before due to being late on a turn. A couple times I have been late, but the players were courteous enough to wait. Some players do have other priorities, like work, and can sometimes miss their turns, even if UniWar is conveniently available on their iPhones/iPods. Time is spent on thinking what moves to make and that can sometimes take more than a few minutes.

The purpose of the Skip was in response to players having the problem with others abusing the Kick option. Some examples:
1) Player A is dominating Player B and Player B tries to take his/her turn while Player A is not available, waits for the time to run out and kicks Player A. Some players were even forced to kick the other player just because they are afraid of getting kicked themselves when they are not available.
2) In a team game, a player in Team 1 is late on a turn and gets kicked by a player in Team 2, Team 1 is now handicapped. Players tried to get the upperhand by kicking a player on the opposite team as soon as their time ran out.

Some people prefer the Skip feature, some don't. But set up a poll so we can all get an idea on the overall feeling.

In battle, it's not over until it's over.
Bug Reports » Random attack factors are very annoying and dont work right » Go to message
Interesting... I am confirming with our developers on this.

From what I know, the idea behind this somewhat *fixed* setup was to prevent players from re-doing their turns in an attempt to gain more favorable results. So if your unit attacks another unit and you didn't like the result you should not be able to re-do that same attack in that same turn with those same units and get a better result.

But what you are explaining is different. I'll let you know once I find out myself.
Bug Reports » Uniwar launches with black screen and no sound. » Go to message
You will need to delete and re-install the app.

The fix for this is in the next update, which was submitted last week.
Bug Reports » Team Games not Showing up! » Go to message
We found the problem on the server and it has been fixed. Our developers are preparing for the next iPhone update which will include filtering the games list.
New Feature Request » Make Helicopters cost 550 points instead of 500 » Go to message
(cont...)

That was my opinion on the issue in general. I'm sure we can all get into a discussion about this...

Back to the question at hand. No decision has been made yet regarding the Helicopters, but we do agree the Titans could use some modification... via the Engineer perhaps? Stay tuned while we come up with a decision.
Forum Index Profile for rolando »» Messages posted by rolando