[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: Hachiman
Forum Index Profile for Hachiman »» Messages posted by Hachiman
General Discussion » Should the damage formula be a secret? » Go to message
Thanks rolando!

4. The total number of hits divided by 6 is the number of damage the defending unit will receive.

Would you mind saying if this number is rounded up or down?

Also, would you mind explaining why the random factor in attacks seems to be the same for all attacks in a particular turn? For example if I attack a 10 Health Helicopter with a 10 Health Swarmer in a round and do 2 damage, then it seems that every time I attack a 10 Health Helicopter with a 10 Health Swarmer that turn, it will do the same amount of damage. But the next turn the attack might do 1 damage (or 3) for the whole turn.

I don't understand how this could happen with the formula you describe above.
General Discussion » Swarmer Attack Power Increase » Go to message
I think it's unlikely he'll play you in a rated game, or on Chato Hill. Maybe try unrated on another map.
I played aLoN several times.

He won twice with Sapiens.
I won twice with Khrals.

(he also won once with Titans, and surrendered first turn rather than fight on Chato Hill, which I take as a win).

He is obviously a much better player than me, and he chose the maps we played.

The maps he won either I didn't build swarmers b/c it was a naval map (Harbour), or it was too small a map (bases close together, little income) to build a critcal Swarm mass (Rocky).

I won on the Bog and Desolate with spammed Swarmers vs helis, marauders, marines and eng's.

To me this says that spammed Swarmers are very hard to beat on a non naval, non tiny map against Saps. aLoN is waaay better than me - I should lose almost every time to him.

just invite to several games and i'll prove you my point

Ok aLoN I would love you to teach me how to beat this tactic. I just invited you on Chato Hill. Take Sapiens and show me hows its done.
New Feature Request » Map Statistics page. » Go to message
I think it might be a neat idea to have a "map report" page that you could access for each map. This would be accessed from a button similar to the war report button, but on the map preview screen instead of the game map.

It could allow you to see (for example)

Percentage of games won by Blue
Percentage of games won by Red
Percentage of games won by each race.

You could even further break down these stats - like Percentage of games won by blue Khralean, percentage of games won by blue expert players (1800+ ?) vs red expert players etc.

Then it would be easier to see which maps are well balanced, which are lopsided, and which are simple traps for the unwary (there's nothing more unfun for a newbie than getting owned just by an unfair setup).

Maps which hit a certain threshold of % imbalance would be prime candidates for rebalancing. Perhaps they could even automatically give the disadvantaged player bonus credits (or bonus ranking points) to even things back up...
Hachiman - is this only a problem on maps with few forests/ mountains?

I wouldn't think so. You can Spam marines back at him better on those maps, but you are at a big mobility disadvantage too. He can just run when injured, but you can't. On a small map it might work.

If swarmer spam vs. Saps is really a problem now then a very simple and risk free fix is to increase the air attack of some Sap units by 1 point.

What about what that does to Garuda's - the Khrals main attack unit?

Swarmers are not any more powerful against Heli's than they were before. How did this suddenly become an issue?

Heli's and Mauraders recently got nerfed too. People seem to have mainly just discovered this tactic around the time the Swarmer got buffed.

try blue sapiens vs red khraleans on green valley, mercury, or jungle. or blue khraleans vs red sapiens on montevideo. i can win as sapiens on all 4 maps.

Good for you. Try Red saps vs Blue Khrals on Chato hill vs ADHDeveloper and let us know how you go. If you beat him I'd like to know how.

The key point to note here is this. A swarmer fights uncontested...

And it is good at ganging up thanks to mobilty + range. Ganged up it can badly hurt any sap unit that can fight it without taking any damage back.

The Heli and marauder used to be able to shrug off its attack and close range, but not since they've been nerfed...

It just needs toning down a bit vs SOMETHING the saps have, so they have a decent counter.
I was wrong. Swarmer Spam IS all kinds of awful vs Saps

The nerf to Heli and Marauder has made them only about equal to Swarmers 1 on 1, but very underpowered vs Swarmers in numbers.

It is very hard to beat a Khral opponent who spams only Swarmers with Saps on Many maps.

I think the solution is to lower the Swarmers attack vs Air (and/or Ground heavy) a little - so that Heli's (and / or Marauders) can counter them again. Might make mirror matches more interesting too.
Sapiens » What to do vs Swarmer spam? » Go to message
Not much blood has been spilled in our game yet, but I can see what you mean already.

The problem is not simply the Swarmer buff though - the recent triple nerf to Saps - Heli, Marauder and buffing the Swarmer weakened a lot of Saps anti air capacity. And the super heavy units that are resistant to it already do little against air...

I think maybe the Swarmer should have it's air attack (or ground heavy) slighly reduced to compensate. It is too good against too many units right now (though I don't think its unstoppable).

EDIT: You are right, I was wrong. It probably IS unstoppable now vs Saps. I didn't realise the difference the nerf to Marauders had made. Swarmers need to be toned down vs either air or ground heavy I think, else Saps now don't have a good counter.
  ADHDeveloper wrote:
Once again please hear what I have to say. A marauder may 'eat' the swarmer but not when the marauder is killed by 2-3 swarmers before it leaves the base it was spawned on.

Marauders not only 'eat' Swarmers but cost the same and move more than twice as far. If you have 2-3 Swarmers camping the base your Marauders spawn on, you are simply being outplayed by your opponent.
It depends a bit on the map. Mostly you just need to mix up Heli's and Marines (and engineers to heal your helis), and to kill the Swarmers rather than just hurt them so they recover.

Use the cheap Marines (preferably in the right terrain) to screen your expensive Heli's. Then use two Heli's to gang up and kill a swarmer each turn. The Heli's extra range and second move can help with both the gang up and the screening.

Eclipses (and Mecha on the right terrain) still kill them good!

In the right situation (ie there's a good screen of marines / heli's in front) batteries can work wonders too.
  ADHDeveloper wrote:

Khraleans can now build nothing but swarmers and just decimate all opposition.

AS IF!

1 increase to light ground attack hardly does that. You are imagining things. They are only slightly better against three units (Marines, Mecha and Underlings). And two of those can still beat them, particularly on the right terrain (mountains / forest).

Heli's, Plasmas, Eclipses, Marauders and all boats still slaughter them just the same as before. They definately were a little underpowered in non mirror matches I think.

The real problem with Swarmers is that they often make Khral mirror matches a boring spam fest, because (in numbers) they beat Garuda's and Wryms (and Pinzers and underlings can't touch them). That's a hard one to solve without screwing up something else though.
Technical Support Questions » Can't play through cellular Network » Go to message
I get the above quite a bit too. 'network error' seems to happen quite a bit when your network access changes (eg move from wireless to cellular only or vice versa) during your turn. The game seems not to recognise that it can still connect, just not the way it could when you started your turn.

Not a game breaker, but moderatley annoying when moving around the house into and out of wireless range.
General Discussion » Done with Uniwar until they fix the game » Go to message
I'm not afraid at all AC. In fact I'm more than happy to whoop your comical, lying behind anytime you like.

Just login so I know who you are.

But you won't do that will you? I wonder why.

How could I kick you when I don't even know who you are, AC?

You get smarter by the minute.
Hachiman, i've beaten you so many times it's not even funny. you suck at this game.

Says the anonymous coward. FYI the only one who's beaten me anything like that many times is Lion37, in a very specific setup.

So you're a liar as well as a coward.

Your mother must be so proud.
Forum Index Profile for Hachiman »» Messages posted by Hachiman