[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: drumstep
Forum Index Profile for drumstep »» Messages posted by drumstep
General Discussion » Whould you skip or not in this instance? » Go to message
As i implied in my post, in your situation, skip away. I gave my answer as a more generalized response.
I don't think we are talking about tourney games, but I agree.
Voting "other."
In a 1v1 game I would skip if my opponent has logged in during the time it was their turn, giving a warning if the game is otherwise really good. In team games I would probably give more time after a warning because I know that I personally worry more when other people are relying on moves I make, so it tends to take me longer to make moves in those games. It's possible that they are waiting for advice from teammates. That being said, if they start acting like jerks they get skipped.
New Feature Request » Plasma hex occupied obscured; » Go to message
Unit cycle would be nice. I once had a game where I buried red underling under orange underling, on a swamp tile on a Mars theme map. Just try finding that lol.
New Feature Request » Testing system for random ranked » Go to message
I think this is a great idea. Much better than the random unranked idea I had in chat awhile ago.
General Discussion » Game improvement ideas... » Go to message
1. This might have to do with your device. I have a droid turbo and if i put it in landscape mode I get a paragraph box separate from the app. Still agree the old chat box was better though.

2. Took me awhile to get used to it not being there, but I think it's fine. There was also a weird bug where using it let units make infinite moves as long as they were adjacent to an enemy unit, allowing for scouting the entire map.

3. Solved by playing in landscape mode, which is my preferred method of playing.

4. Agree. The majority of my need to undo involves moving marauder back onto the base I moved it from when I meant to build something else.

5. Agree. I like to know if I'm holding my own in a team game.

6. Most of the time I don't have an issue, but if the units are greyed out it becomes much harder to tell color, especially the ones you mentioned. Another issue I have is occasionally losing buried underling because of color, such as red on Mars swamp.

7. More voices would be good, but it's hard to get that kind of commitment and actually agree on something. No to toggle.

8. Haven't had many experiences with that in tournament, but that may be because I'm not experienced enough to recognize them. But I prefer variety over playing the same map.

9. Seems that way to me too, but may be example of confirmation bias.

10. Not necessary in my opinion, and mirroring team games seems like it would be awkward since the races were probably picked to suit the teams collective play style. Round Robin also doesn't contribute well to a ladder.

11. As mentioned by others, I think this is coming and will be a great addition.
Tournaments » Championship tournaments » Go to message
It's an imperfect system, but it is the way the rules say it will happen with the win conditions layed out as they are. Each game is treated individually. If each player has one win the round is decided by which player won in fewer rounds. Ideally both games would be finished and this would be a fair judgement, but tournaments already take several months, so a time restriction is necessary. Therefore, it is in a players best interest to make a winning game play as few rounds as possible, so they stall on that one and play quickly in the other one to get the winning game to take fewer rounds. Making finished games count more than unfinished games would just reverse this. Suppose I am beating you in one game enough to get a total victory in 25 rounds. I play really fast on that game and achieve that, but leave the other game many rounds behind and stop it from finishing because you would be able to win in 23 and win the match. If the finished game counts more, I win, even though you would have won if both games could finish. The only way to stop someone from playing for time is to keep the round numbers even by stalling in the opposite game they are and playing quickly in the game they want to stall.
Tournaments » Championship tournaments » Go to message
It's in the tournament rules on uniwar.com
General Discussion » Next Balance Update Discussion February 2016 » Go to message
  atest wrote:sap dont use helicopters vs titan

Helicopter is actually used quite a bit against titan. With the +2 gangup they get by attacking from the same spot they are great at destroying plasmas. As for the underling, the problem is with gangup and terrain, they could end up trading evenly with a helicopter. Helicopters shouldn't have to worry about underlings like they do eclipses.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.8.73 submitted to Google Play, Amazon & Apple AppStore » Go to message
Xavi said in chat that they will go back to the old icon in the next version.
What's New in the Latest Updates » 1.8.73 submitted to Google Play, Amazon & Apple AppStore » Go to message
I have long since memorized the terrain effects, but having the display is great for new players. Would it be possible to mark gangup bonuses in a similar way? I think this would help people understand the extra +2 and +3 spots for ranged attacks.
General Discussion » Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo » Go to message
If undo is still paid under the voting system, unlimited would definitely need a price drop since any player could make it useless by voting 0. Still like the idea, but I think it would work better if undo were free.
General Discussion » Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo » Go to message
It's really not THAT big a difference. I was stable around 1900 when I found it and then made it a bit over 2000 with redo, before dropping again to 1750 while still using it because I couldn't play as much. It makes a difference, but not enough to boost someone from 1700 straight to 2200.
I think that voting idea is brilliant! I haven't heard a a suggestion like that before. This could allow higher ranked players who use it as a key part of strategy to agree for individual games to do so while keeping it fair for those who only want it for mistakes. It would probably require killing off the purchase of undo tokens though.
Full disclosure, I'm a pretty heavy undo user myself, but I usually only use it for damage optimization and mistakes and don't change my move based on extra scouting information.
Technical Support Questions » accidentally surrendered » Go to message
Not likely. Even if it is possible, can you imagine how many reset game requests the devs would get if they did this.
Best option is probably just start again.
Forum Index Profile for drumstep »» Messages posted by drumstep