[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: fleabite
Forum Index Profile for fleabite »» Messages posted by fleabite
General Discussion » Sorry guys, the new "feature" to pay for undo is not welcome » Go to message
Add me to the growing list of devoted players who are upset by this move. I have played this game continuously since purchasing it over 6 years ago. I guess I'm a chump for rarely reading the forums until now. I had no idea other players were taking advantage of this exploit. Apparently every game I play is with one hand tied behind my back.

Don't even try to couch this exploit as normal play; as I recall, having multiple accounts is explicitly forbidden. I still recall the notification going out years ago. Therefore, anyone doing it is, by definition, a cheater. Now the dev, apparently unable or unwilling to end this exploit, wants to solve it by selling the honest players an even playing field? Of course, I'm angry! If the dev can't fix the exploit that knowledgable players are using, the answer is NOT to turn it into revenue generation. Fixes should be free; upgrades should be bought. I would have gladly paid again for MANY of the past added features, such as HD graphics.

If players are so eager to fix accidental moves, let's go back to undo last move, not undo your whole freaking turn! Have I ever been so angry about an accidental move to consider throwing my phone? Yes. Have I ever truly considered throwing it? Not until now!
General Discussion » New changes not so good » Go to message
Has the damage calculation changed? I just took out a pinzer on a base (net defense 12) with a full strength battleship (5 damage done) followed by a full strength battery (another 5). This would have been very unlikely under the prior damage calculation, which probably would have resulted in 7-8 points of damage total from both attacks. also, as mentioned above, I miss the randomization in damage.
Bug Reports » Push notifications not working » Go to message
Stopped working for me, too. It happened while I was using iOS 3, though, so it's not related to the OS update. I am reinstalling Uniwar. Has anyone tried this yet? I doubt it will work since I have since installed iOS 4, which wiped my iPhone and reinstalled everything in the process.
Guides & Tips » Uniwar Hack Revealed! - 2 week notice » Go to message
The Runner-up Online Multiplayer Game of the Year is quickly becoming the Farce of the Year. I used to love this game, but now most matches have cheaters. Despite the assertion by kralux to the contrary, the hack is not fixed and I just witnessed it in a game yesterday.

I agree with Kingfish. If an avenue for reporting offenders is provided, assuming cheating reports can be substantiated, then banning cheaters will have a chilling effect. At least the developers will get to collect money every time a cheater has to get a new ID.
General Discussion » Crazy what happened here? » Go to message
Someone has hacked the game and now can seemingly kill at will. Look through some of the other recent topics.
Guides & Tips » Uniwar is hacked » Go to message
Here is the evidence. Note the orange plasma tank taking 9 damage from the swarmer.

Pfft. Stronghold sux.
When a swarmer hits a plasma tank for 9 points of damage, you know the game is hacked. I don't care that the swarmer is at full strength and that the tank is on a base.

I am playing in a team match VOLCANOIS09561. "whitecat" just pulled that move. Anyone who plays khraleans knows you're lucky to hit a tank for 1 point under any circumstance with a swarmer. This wasn't even a gang-up attack. Is this old news?

I guess this was bound to happen.
Forum Index Profile for fleabite »» Messages posted by fleabite