[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Messages posted by: SS Hunter49
Forum Index Profile for SS Hunter49 »» Messages posted by SS Hunter49
New Feature Request » OLD POST - Six New Units To Be Created. We Need Your Ideas! » Go to message
I like the idea of a superunit but here is another idea, Elite Units. Basically all of our existing units except with maxed experience. For example. A titan tank; normally costs 500 credits. Perhaps for 1100 credits you could build a upgraded titan - 2 rounds to build with 20 health. This unit can also come under attack while under construction without being able to return fire.

I am thinking perhaps when purchasing ANY unit you have an option to buy an elite version of the same unit, maybe with 20 health over 2 rounds for 210% of the original cost. Of course this elite status should also be able to achieved through gameplay. Experience should go past two ranks. If an elite unit IS introduced in the manner I suggested I think that the experience cap should stop at 20 (opposed to the existing 12). Elite units cannot achieve any additional experience.

Maybe an elite unit should have a little bonus feature/ability instead of double health. For example, an elite walker may be able to charge a shot at a hex and the next round it releases that shot, doing significant damage at that hex and some damage to adjacent hexes. Maybe the Eclipse and Mecha can charge their teleport prior to actually teleporting (no cool down, just a charge up). Sapien infantry can plant mines, Engineers must disarm mines?

Finally, I am thinking of an additional navel unit for each faction and perhaps downgrade the universal power of navel ships as is and make more specific types. For example, what if the Titans' ship was slightly downgraded such that is was less effective against ground units in one form or another. Then they were given a weaker ship that was an artillery/aircraft carrier which we had a range of 4-6 or something of that nature. Perhaps a ship which is anti-air/infantry for the sapiens. Some type of alien submarine that could surface and fire in the same round but could not fire against land or air units? switch 'em up? Aircraft carrier for sapiens? anti air ship for Titans?

Throwing ideas out there guys, Let me know what you think!
New Feature Request » Defense units + superweopans + new units » Go to message
I agree. I like the idea of a super-unit. But here is another idea, Elite Units. Basically all of our existing units except with maxed experience. For example. A titan tank; normally costs 500 credits. Perhaps for 1100 credits you could build a upgraded titan - 2 rounds to build with 20 health. This unit can also come under attack while under construction without being able to return fire.

I am thinking perhaps when purchasing ANY unit you have an option to buy an elite version of the same unit with 20 health over 2 rounds for 210% of the original cost. Of course this elite status should also be able to achieved through gameplay. Experience should go past two ranks. If an elite unit IS introduced in the manner I suggested I think that the experience cap should stop at 20 (opposed to the existing 12). Elite units cannot achieve any additional experience.

Finally, I am thinking of an additional navel unit for each faction and perhaps downgrade the universal power of navel ships as is and make more specific types. For example, what if the Titans' ship was slightly downgraded such that is was less effective against ground units in one form or another. Then they were given a weaker ship that was an artillery/aircraft carrier which we had a range of 4-6 or something of that nature. Perhaps a ship which is anti-air/infantry for the sapiens. Some type of alien submarine that could surface and fire in the same round but could not fire against land or air units? switch 'em up? Aircraft carrier for sapiens? anti air ship for Titans?

Throwing ideas out there guys, Let me know what you think!
Forum Index Profile for SS Hunter49 »» Messages posted by SS Hunter49